D-class Town - Denied

Dang

What are you suggesting? - Ok so this is a very bold idea however here me out. So we all know that the fight club is barely used ever and is a waste of space. My idea is to extend the cave in D-block width and length then add a central road down the middle of the cave from the entrance  with 4-10 building either side of the road. This can create a town for D-class usage which can range from using the building for D-class suppliers to sell weapons, making one of the building into a bar so D-class can chill and have a good time! Also the town can be used as a safe haven for the D-class to gather numbers and create mass riots and gangs. Also overall this town can be used to INCREASE D-CLASS ACTIVITY as there is a more to explore and is not just a walk into instant death when you join the server, and we all know that if we can get more D-class activity we can reach the top player counts of 128 players. Also this town would be great for EVENTs!

How would this change better the server? -  This will increase the activity of D-class as there is more to explore and do.  And the RP with the D-class job wont just be a charge and die anymore. This should prevent D-class instantly leaving because they die all the time. Also the increase in D-class activity should benefit every branch on the server in different aspects! 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - This may cause some lag however we can easily remove unused aspects on the server to add this town for example remove some of the trees on surface. However there really wouldn't be that much lag at all.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D-class

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

Ok so make a large cylinder entrance into the cave like a road tunnel with a large central highway road going down the centre leading to a dead end. With a big Sign saying D-class Town. With obviously the building either side and other ideas of structure that could be added.

Obviously this is a very broad range idea however SMT can make edits to this idea which can fit the server however I feel the overall idea of a d-class town replacing the fight club will benefit the server and interest in the server. 

image.thumb.png.718eb0927cf2139a0961e6fbbf650bb2.png

7 minutes ago, Propane said:

-/+ support

Only problem I can see MTF/Research getting a lack of D-Class, which could be fixed with MTF/Gensec raiding LDB

MTF and Gensec can go in lower D-block if they have a lack of D-class anyway so that issue will be prevented

Edited by Dang
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

+Support

Very bold idea indeed. I really wanna see how this plays out. Seems like a perfect idea to replace the rarely used fight club.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support 
Dang your a legend 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

2 hours ago, DooM Guy said:

+SUPPORT

This would be amazing. Fight club is rarely used and D-Block is really boring. I'd say don't make it too big but don't make it to small either.

Though kinda wish D-Class could spawn props only in the town, to add to RP and create their own personal spaces.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, DooM Guy said:

+SUPPORT

This would be amazing. Fight club is rarely used and D-Block is really boring. I'd say don't make it too big but don't make it to small either.

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

3 hours ago, DooM Guy said:

+SUPPORT

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support

Seems like a good idea

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+Support if SMT is willing to actually go wit this, D-class can actually interact with each other

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

+Support, aslong as its really possible, it seems like a fun thing to have.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

Here's what I'm imagining so far:

• A quarry with a circular design. the town center would be a staircase descending into the quarry itself, and on the outskirts of the quarry there would be wooden shacks.
  • The wooden shacks would be the shops, bars, and homes you mentioned.
  • The quarry itself would look to be dark from the top, and fade into view once you enter it, so that not everyone in the quarry/D-block is rendering the lower section.
  • At the base of the quarry, there would be multiple tunnel entrances heading in different directions that all meet up at some point. 
  • The tunnels would be a PvP zone, and inside them would be some type of resource that would spawn in random locations, and would award the player with money for taking them.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

On 8/17/2020 at 6:19 PM, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
Why not, this looks pretty good.

yes indeed

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 8/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, MiniLeopard said:

+Support

Seems like a good idea

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69