Lifes suggestion - Denied

Some Weeb

What are you suggesting? -To increase the 2 lifes to three lives before you -support wait what I am saying is only 2 of your lives may be in CMD and one as a NCO/Enlisted depending on branches 

How would this change better the server? - Because people want to explore more branches while still holding the ones they love for me and example is I want to MTF but CI takes a  life and Security and I am only a Enlisted and NCO and that means I cant become a NCO in MTF what I am suggesting is yes you may only hold 2 CMD ranks but can be a NCO at MAX in a different branch.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Well you might have a little bit of a inflation in branches but that's kinda good!

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone in the community of SCP RP 🙂 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -N/a

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support this has been denied multiple times 

This was the previous time it was denied.

Having 3 lives has a extremely high chance of you neglecting a life.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

-support reasons abuv

Edited by Mint

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+Support, means people could have more fun, if some lives do get neglected you just remove them, it's the player that takes the risk here as if they continuously risk a life it may result in that branch not wanting them in the future.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

1 hour ago, Catsro said:

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

Yeah but that's why I have a counter balance BY ONLY HAVING 2 LIFES AS CMD AND IT TO YOUR DISCRETION TO TAKE ON A 3RD

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

2 hours ago, Catsro said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I see a lot say  someone can't handle 3 that's why its OPTIONAL 🤨

13 minutes ago, Dragin said:

a 2nd life is also already optional, but thats the issue here, someone will take 3 lives and end up having to juggle 3, fail at that, and make it harder for branch HCMD.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

14 minutes ago, Dragin said:

That doesnt stop people, if its optional most people will still take it also

most of the branches at this point has it so that your rank doesnt count as a life until (insert rank here)

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Yeah but a lot of them it's like PVT or RCT Is an life 

I understand why the rule is in place. If I had 3 lives to say, I can be command in all 3 MTF branches, that gives you a decent amount to say, espacially if your HCMD in one of those branches, almost enough power of the DoTF. I can see that being a major issue espacially if they aren't ready or deserving of that kind of power. But and a big BUT, I believe every branch shouldn't cost a life at the beginning, like the starting rank or 2. It would boost activity in all branches and people don't have to leave one they enjoy to take a gamble on a new branch that they may or may not like.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support

I like the idea, but sadly it's been denied before.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

-Support. 
for the various reasons above given by Catsro this wouldn’t work out well.

If “three lives” was a thing, the whole balance of the server will be off. People can be in 3 branches, which means they’re taking 3 slots. Especially if you wanna play as an Enlisted. Let’s put it this way. You can only be high command in one branch, and low command in another. (Or have 2 lowcommand lives.) If this 3rd life rule thing comes into play, if the person works hard enough and is a SGM (or the highest non command rank) they’re stuck on that spot until they’re removed, or until they decide they want to command and drop a life. That is completely blocking the path for people who actually wanna move up. Either way it’s going to clutter and make a huge mess. And I doubt people can balance 3 lives. Especially with the amount responsibilities command have to do everyday.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

10 hours ago, Skela said:

-Support. 

If “three lives” was a thing, the whole balance of the server will be off. People can be in 3 branches, which means they’re taking 3 slots. Especially if you wanna play as an Enlisted. Let’s put it this way. You can only be high command in one branch, and low command in another. (Or have 2 lowcommand lives.) If this 3rd life rule thing comes into play, if the person works hard enough and is a SGM (or the highest non command rank) they’re stuck on that spot until they’re removed, or until they decide they want to command and drop a life. That is completely blocking the path for people who actually wanna move up. Either way it’s going to clutter and make a huge mess. And I doubt people can balance 3 lives. Especially with the amount responsibilities command have to do everyday.

Lifes

we did it fellas

we can have more lifes

im happy that our lifes has been increased

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

14 hours ago, Dragin said:

This but also this:

16 hours ago, Catsro said:

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

8 hours ago, Skela said:

-Support. 

this also can really mess up Staff & ET members who are can be cocky about their management skills, and can cause a large amount of stress

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

23 hours ago, Catsro said:

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

I don’t think you should have three lives because of the fact of neglect if you have 3 you will most likely neglect one of your lives too counter that I think it should be that every branch at least has the first rank be not a life so if your in 2 MTF branch’s but want too try out CI but arnt a donator you don’t have too leave a branch you just have too escape an example of neglect is seeing the amount of people in the utility branch’s now some of those you see very active like me or Trick or Zack or Jack or borealis or Rock or Damien (those are some people I can name off the top of my head) those are very active people but if you see the roster a lot of people are not active and it could most likely be because since it’s not a life they don’t need too get rid of it so we have a lot of filled up roster slots with people who are never on sure some of them can’t get on but it’s a lot of people who can and don’t because it’s not a life and they don’t have too care about it so I gotta give this a huge -SUPPORT

On 8/14/2020 at 2:58 AM, Catsro said:

However, I do think that perhaps, instead of an extra life, branches could perhaps reevaluate *when* their branch counts as a life. For example, if, say, gensec counted as a life at CPL instead of LCPL, or Nu7 counted as a life at LCPL maybe. I think that would allow people to get a taste for what that branch is like without having to worry about hitting their life limit.