Alpha 14 MTF branch suggestion (General) - Denied

Former DHOR D

+support ngl this sounds cool as fuck but im also on the side cause you know 4 mtf branches vs ci is kinda oof unless they added another goi they can raid with

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+/- Support
I enjoy the idea But  doesnt sound very useful, You did not supply very much information on the unit, and in my opinion a unit that just relies on SCPs to be cooperative doesnt seem like it could be very effective due to the sheer amount of mingey 939s  

I mean the issue is we already have too many MTF branches, and the stats you gave would make them weaker than d-class so they would get shredded instantly. It would be a cool event, but I don’t think it would work as a full fledged branch 

23 minutes ago, frog said:

ngl this sounds cool as fuck but im also on the side cause you know 4 mtf branches vs ci is kinda oof unless they added another goi they can raid with

Here are some of my issues with this:
1. As mentioned above, the fact that we'd have 4 MTF branches against CI. I believe this would bring an unfair disadvantage in game based on population and I fear this may bring up more toxicity. 

2. I doubt SMT will bring in a Star Wars Battlefront weapon into the game since we already have Imperial RP lol.

3. What would be their main priority? Nu7 already handles SCPs, Omicron-9 deals with CI and E11 helps out with both when it turns defcon 3. Alpha-14 is a task force made specifically for 939 but Nu7 has that covered.

4. You provided a link for the enlisted units but what about the command units? With just the gun and pack, this is roughly about 42 MB already. 

5. "This would benefit the server because This MTF branch will be so exclusive and unique that those in it will be looked up to by their peers." I'm gonna be real, I think this branch would not provide any real value for the server. 

Overall, -Support.

Edited by Rektify

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

15 minutes ago, Rektify said:

1. As mentioned above, the fact that we'd have 4 MTF branches against CI. I believe this would bring an unfair disadvantage in game based on population and I fear this may bring up more toxicity. 

2. I doubt SMT will bring in a Star Wars Battlefront weapon into the game since we already have Imperial RP lol.

3. What would be their main priority? Nu7 already handles SCPs, Omicron-9 deals with CI and E11 helps out with both when it turns defcon 3. Alpha-14 is a task force made specifically for 939 but Nu7 has that covered.

4. You provided a link for the enlisted units but what about the command units? With just the gun and pack, this is roughly about 42 MB already. 

5. "This would benefit the server because This MTF branch will be so exclusive and unique that those in it will be looked up to by their peers." I'm gonna be real, I think this branch would not provide any real value for the server. 

Overall, -Support.

We have trouble splitting the player base with 3 MTF branches this is just gonna make it even harder.

Not to mention CI is gonna an extremely hard time 

Branch wise, i think we are pretty stable rn and adding another branch would have way more cons than pros

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-Support if it was just this branch IMO, maybe if they decided to add another GOI it might make it more balanced? but I don't think we have a high enough and steady enough player base to add two new fully fledged banches, although a new GOI would be pretty cool.

Even though I just -Supported I feel I should add in that a new MTF branch could make the server feel a bit more fresh so might lead to an increase in player base.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

1 hour ago, October said:

I mean the issue is we already have too many MTF branches, and the stats you gave would make them weaker than d-class so they would get shredded instantly. It would be a cool event, but I don’t think it would work as a full fledged branch 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

The problem with adding another MTF branch is it would have to do something unique, not just "specialize(s) well with taking out single threats or even containment of other SCPs." as we have Nu7 who strongholds that.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

4 hours ago, frog said:

+support ngl this sounds cool as fuck but im also on the side cause you know 4 mtf branches vs ci is kinda oof unless they added another goi they can raid with

would love a new goi and yes to all this +support adding onto this RRH isnt always on and its kind of rare for them to flag on as they have to rely on others to flag up which isnt always possible

Edited by Mint

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

-Support, this'd just cause activity problems for the current MTF (Which already have enough issue's as is!)

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

First off they are weaker than D class second off you said only a LT+ can use a medkit that’s not good and third off we don’t need 4 MTF branch’s Nu7 prevents containment and RCs OM9 deals with CI and D class and I would assume if they have too keep scps contained and helps with RCing and E11 Deals with SCPs and CI when the problem arises what would ALPHA-14 do -SUPPORT

-Support

Regardless of how good an MTF suggestion is, I don't think we need another MTF branch. We have three and due to current branch numbers I think that is the absolute max we should have. Perhaps if this were replacing a branch, it could be considered?

On 8/12/2020 at 10:01 PM, Rektify said:

Overall, -Support.

big cat running GIF

• Igneous changed the title to Alpha 14 MTF branch suggestion (General)