Zack- Warn Appeal

Zarl

Your In-game Name: Zack

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:196555764

The admin's name in-game: Hope

The admin's steam name:  [GL] hope

What warning did you receive: FearRP

When did you receive this warning: 8/11/20

Why do you think this warn was false: If you listen closely at .25 speed you can hear the door closing which means i would have had to been clear of the door by that time since it completed it's closing animation. Also, the CI heavy wouldn't have been able to shoot me due to the infil that was in the way (jay) and as a final point, i would have been able to get out faster if jay hadn't been "body blocking" at the beginning (in the door) which is also breaking the rules. (And at the beginning everyone was either running (you can't shoot) or wasn't aiming at me, thus me running.

Evidence the warning is false: 

Any extra information: Screenshots of hope's conversation with jack about the matter. I don't want jay warned about the body blocking if you were planning on it. And i still believe hope did everything correct because at first examination at full speed the evidence would look like i am guilty.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

+Support.  -From the screenshot in the argument Jack did explained how Mateo "Heavy" was looking at the wall mostly and he was quite far to call a fearrp but not only that but he was not gunpointing Zack as well the tango from the otherside. and like what Hope said it need 2 people and there was only a infil keep a gunpoint at Zack so he not in Fearrp  but also the video didn't show the full coverage as Zack was in the airlock of medbay so we can't tell if he was fearrp or not. :Edit: Also when i tried slowing the video down the door begin to shut right when Mateo called a fearrp so like jack said it consider invalid

Edited by Crystal

[SCP:RP]Retired Assistant Head of Medical|Former E-11 SM|Former GamingLight Admin|Minge of :V| Former OM1

25 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
I feel it should be a verbal again. In normal speed it does look like he broke it but when you dive deep he's actually innocent. A removal of the warn would be good.

I'd say a verbal would be best, the evidence is very unclear. From the perspective of him he could've closed the door on just jay and while the door closed the heavy arrived. This could've just been explained to him not to do that, if he was in the wrong. I just don't see the evidence enough to warrant a warn.

1 hour ago, Crystal said:

+Support.  -From the screenshot in the argument Jack did explained how Mateo "Heavy" was looking at the wall mostly and he was quite far to call a fearrp but not only that but he was not gunpointing Zack as well the tango from the otherside. and like what Hope said it need 2 people and there was only a infil keep a gunpoint at Zack so he not in Fearrp  but also the video didn't show the full coverage as Zack was in the airlock of medbay so we can't tell if he was fearrp or not.

+Support

Edit: I know Zack pretty well from what I've seen, I think he wouldn't have personally done this with full intent to break away so he wouldn't get FearRP. I have personally interrogated him, so I think he wouldn't break FearRP for that reason.

Edited by [GL] loudyfam (Jack S)

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

1 minute ago, [GL] loudyfam (Jack S) said:

I'd say a verbal would be best, the evidence is very unclear. From the perspective of him he could've closed the door on just jay and while the door closed the heavy arrived. This could've just been explained to him not to do that, if he was in the wrong. I just don't see the evidence enough to warrant a warn.

+Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Crystal said:

+Support.  -From the screenshot in the argument Jack did explained how Mateo "Heavy" was looking at the wall mostly and he was quite far to call a fearrp but not only that but he was not gunpointing Zack as well the tango from the otherside. and like what Hope said it need 2 people and there was only a infil keep a gunpoint at Zack so he not in Fearrp  but also the video didn't show the full coverage as Zack was in the airlock of medbay so we can't tell if he was fearrp or not.

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

hi amigos i am the tango in that vid named ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

from what i saw while not paying attention as i was murdering a begging HLPR bot for fuck all reason, i could see that zack was in full view of both of the people fearping for around a couple seconds and even with him being behind the wall/door ish area he still saw and heard them both

its a sticky situation however i feel it warrants a verbal for how air tight this is in terms of both being right and both being wrong, regardless punishments are at the digression of the staff member but now that the warn has been issued i feel an appeal is not warranted as its only a warn.

+/- support

1 hour ago, Da da da said:

hi amigos i am the tango in that vid named ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

from what i saw while not paying attention as i was murdering a begging HLPR bot for fuck all reason, i could see that zack was in full view of both of the people fearping for around a couple seconds and even with him being behind the wall/door ish area he still saw and heard them both

its a sticky situation however i feel it warrants a verbal for how air tight this is in terms of both being right and both being wrong, regardless punishments are at the digression of the staff member but now that the warn has been issued i feel an appeal is not warranted as its only a warn.

+/- support

The reason I issued a formal is because I remembered Zack was verbally warned before by another staff member.

I am basing the warn on this evidence alone, as fear role play cases can only be solved by video evidence.

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

+support

I AM TELLING THE 05 COUNCIL ABOUT THIS BULLSHIT!  hehehe (No diss hope) 🙂 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

Staff's Discretion whether a warn is issued or not and IMO that evidence isn't enough to prove you didn't break FearRP.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Accepted

Based on the evidence and testimony provided, I am approving this appeal. While unfortunately the video evidence in this case is exceedingly conclusive, it does lend credibility to the appellate's argument that had another rule violation (body blocking) not had occurred, he would have been able to exit without being placed under FearRP. However, this body blocking did not appear intentional, and will not result in any punishment.

Furthermore, there appears to be confusion on the distance someone needs to be to be able to be placed under FearRP, as well as whether someone running can do so. Senior Moderator Hope's explanation regarding both CI personnel were within FearRP distance because the appellate was within audio hearing distance is accurate. Players that are able to hear each other's mic audio is indeed within FearRP range. The appellate's argument regarding the applicability of this standard also allowing FearRP to take place through doors, walls, or other solid objects that provide cover is not compelling, as a common sense standard applies there. Secondly, the appellate's point regarding a sprinting enemy not being able to point his weapon at a target is indeed accurate. The sprint mechanic prevents a player from being able to accurately point their weapon at a target, making them ineligible to act as one of the two people needed to place someone at FearRP. Upon them no longer sprinting, however, they can then act as a FearRP person. Thirdly, the appellate's claim that FearRP wasn't sufficiently called is not compelling. While calling FearRP out is helpful to all involved, FearRP isn't triggered by calling it, but rather the presence of two or more people holding an individual at gunpoint.

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021