Surges RDM Appeal

Surge

Questions

Your In-game Name: Surge 

Your SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:66630587

The admin's name in-game: Poptards

The admin's steam name: [GL] poptarts

What warning did you receive: RDM 

Why do you think this warn was false: I believe this warning was a false warning because, As my job in gen-sec my duty is to be protecting any an all foundation personnel , No matter if its  a custom class to JR , to DoC , I believe its false because im doing my job in protecting another foundation personnel,  I am watching another GENSEC CC attack another GENSEC CC thinking the person being attacked was my commanding officer , my job is to protect them , not attempt to "Cuff" as the staff member told me i was "Supposed to do" Since the person has a active weapon out attacking someone,  Watching someone attack at someone even though nothing of melee hit or shots damaged to the person is still chasing someone an attacking them 
I do not believe i should be warned for "RDM" yet someone was attempting to ARDM Someone else, Who which are both GENSEC CC'S , If people wish to kill each other do it on D-class or inside bunks where it not where active Role-play is going on.

Evidence the warning is false:  The picture of the attack going on with staff tools excludes the third party being attacked out of it  cannot do much with it.  (I.E Drip is cut out of the picture all it shows is the person i killed) 

Any extra information:  
Target i killed had a Golden Golf Club behind the player 1ST Drip attempting to attack him  (I.E Swinging at said person) 
Two this person shouldn't be minging in D-BLOCK where RP an people are being attacked at a constant rate, they should be killing each other in bunks or where no RP is going  , or on D-class in the fight club 
Three at the time of killing him , I was unaware Drip Decided to change his name (to something mingey) all i saw was blank person attacking my command member
Four Just because the person wasnt actually fully harmed (i.e no hit reg) doesnt make it okay to start swinging or shooting at them attempting to do harm 
Five : I also brought to the point if i am watching someone being attacked im not supposed to put myself in danger to "cuff" said person EX Manyard A Clearance 4 personnel attacking a MTF Member

• Gaminglight Love 1

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

+Support

I'll use Maynard as an example here, when Maynard attacks and kills someone in the foundation usually he gets terminated. Surge is claiming that a GenSec was attacking a command memeber in GenSec and he terminated the attacker, I dont see this as RDM as much as it is protecting a command member from a threat. The situation should of never happened in the first place in all honesty and Surge probaly should've put out a KOS on the attacker for shooting a Command member then killed the attacker to avoid any problems. 

Edit: A verbal warning should of been issued to the person that attacked a GenSec command member and to surge. GenSec should not be attacking one another in the first place but for all you know in RP that GenSec could always be a CI spy. This whole situation looks like a misunderstanding.

Edited by Sixx
  • Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support

Femboy Hooters Owner ➞ Captain Mei platinum was killed by Security MSGT Surge ➞ Security Senior NCO user with a tfa_csgo_aug

You should know better than to immediately kill any minging security members or CC members.  RDM is never a solution for minging.

Your example of Maynard attacking someone is different as that is an in RP problem that goes along with the class that Maynard is. A security CC attacking security is a staff problem and security command problem as those classes are not supposed to attack security. If you saw this, you were supposed to cuff them both or call staff to take them in and deal with them.

I believe that this warn is deserved. Comrade and Drip have/will be talked to.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

| SCP-RP | Senior Moderator | 

5 minutes ago, Sixx said:

+Support

I'll use Maynard as an example here, when Maynard attacks and kills someone in the foundation usually he gets terminated. Surge is claiming that a GenSec was attacking a command memeber in GenSec and he terminated the attacker, I dont see this as RDM as much as it is protecting a command member from a threat. The situation should of never happened in the first place in all honesty and Surge probaly should've put out a KOS on the attacker for shooting a Command member then killed the attacker to avoid any problems. 

Rejected from the gaminglight community

+Support

What Sixx said is pretty much true, if you see Maynard attack another foundation personnel for no reason given, you put a KOS on him. You should have put a KOS on him before anything. I feel like a verbal should have been given, as it states in the Handbook you can give verbals for RDM, it was all a misunderstanding (going off of what Surge said) 

• Like 1

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

4 minutes ago, Squash said:

+Support

What Sixx said is pretty much true, if you see Maynard attack another foundation personnel for no reason given, you put a KOS on him. You should have put a KOS on him before anything. I feel like a verbal should have been given, as it states in the Handbook you can give verbals for RDM, it was all a misunderstanding (going off of what Surge said) 

Just because you can be given a verbal doesn’t mean you deserve one, I wasn’t in the sit so who am I to say that the op was acting in the right mindset to be given one.

6 minutes ago, poptarts said:

-Support

Femboy Hooters Owner ➞ Captain Mei platinum was killed by Security MSGT Surge ➞ Security Senior NCO user with a tfa_csgo_aug

You should know better than to immediately kill any minging security members or CC members.  RDM is never a solution for minging.

Your example of Maynard attacking someone is different as that is an in RP problem that goes along with the class that Maynard is. A security CC attacking security is a staff problem and security command problem as those classes are not supposed to attack security. If you saw this, you were supposed to cuff them both or call staff to take them in and deal with them.

I believe that this warn is deserved. Comrade and Drip have/will be talked to.

I believe an AOS would have been perfect for the situation instead of the KOS. As even with Maynard you usually call an AOS first. 

However I feel Comrade and Drip need a stern talking to

Overall leaning to -Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

He should of called an admin or just left them alone.

And it is up to the staff member if it was a verbal or formal warning.

-Support

Edited by MiniLeopard

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

34 minutes ago, MiniLeopard said:

He should of called an admin or just left them alone.

And it is up to the staff member if it was a verbal or formal warning.

-Support

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

+support

According to MOTD  "If the subject is actively engaged in combat or has a gun out, they can not be placed under FearRP."

I am pretty sure that combat cuffing is FailRP and due to the Situation i feel as though Surge Should not recieve a RDM Warn due to the fact that he believe his CO was being attacked at the time and defended them and i agree with surge when he says 

1 hour ago, Surge said:

this person shouldn't be minging in D-BLOCK where RP an people are being attacked at a constant rate, they should be killing each other in bunks or where no RP is going  , or on D-class in the fight club 

This is what should have happened instead of killing eachother in D block so surge i feel should only have recieved a verbal (I understand it is up to the staff member) but Drip should also be talked to in Gensec for attacking another Gensec Member.

Also from my eyes if i saw a random Gensec (not knowing it was a Command Member) Attacking my CO i would defend them myself because again combat cuffing im pretty sure is FailRP (Please Correct me if im Wrong) 

So overall my point is, Drip should not attack other Gensec and Surge was in the right for defending his CO instead of Combat Cuffing

• Like 1

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

+support
It doesn't matter if the 2 were fucking around or if they were both cool with it. Comrade was attacking a command member and surge stepped in to protect him, and AOS would not doing anything in the CURRENT situation. Just like if you see maynard attacking a command member what would you do, try to kill/stop maynard from killing the command member or call an AOS on maynard, let him kill the command member, then run away and have MTF on a goose chase when they could be doing more important business, or just have it be over with before all that happens. It shouldn't of been RDM as he was assisting a command member in battle, he had an RP REASON to kill comrade, in the MOTD that states that it is not RDM.

• Like 1

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
It doesn't matter if the 2 were fucking around or if they were both cool with it. Comrade was attacking a command member and surge stepped in to protect him, and AOS would not doing anything in the CURRENT situation. Just like if you see maynard attacking a command member what would you do, try to kill/stop maynard from killing the command member or call an AOS on maynard, let him kill the command member, then run away and have MTF on a goose chase when they could be doing more important business, or just have it be over with before all that happens. It shouldn't of been RDM as he was assisting a command member in battle, he had an RP REASON to kill comrade, in the MOTD that states that it is not RDM.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

1 hour ago, Squash said:

+Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

Edit: A verbal warning should of been issued to the person that attacked a GenSec command member and to surge. GenSec should not be attacking one another in the first place but for all you know in RP that GenSec could always be a CI spy. This whole situation looks like a misunderstanding.

3 hours ago, Squash said:

+Support

+ support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

4 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

Enough said +support

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

4 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

I believe this is based on one's perspective of the situation. While as staff members yes, we should intervene, I do not believe that we are the only ones that can take matters such as these into our hands. If GENSEC are attacking one another, I think defending each other is valid.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

13 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

9 hours ago, Rektify said:

I believe this is based on one's perspective of the situation. While as staff members yes, we should intervene, I do not believe that we are the only ones that can take matters such as these into our hands. If GENSEC are attacking one another, I think defending each other is valid.

Minging should be left in bunks. The MOMENT you leave bunks you are in an RP environment unless you are in a  training, doing PT, or stated otherwise by staff/MOTD.

While yes, Surge in this situation should have called an AOS before a KOS we should be using Maynard as a prime example. In RP we know that Maynard is a foundation Doctor, nothing else. If we constantly call AOS/KOS on Maynard for killing people should we not do the same for other foundation doing that same thing? Maynard is command, thats the short end of it. In RP we have no reason to think he is a spy UNTIL he does something that reveals his true intentions.

If that Security was attacking another security should we not react the same way we do to Maynard?

An AOS should have been called yes Me as a Staff thinks a Formal warn really should not have happened as he was in no way breaking the MOTD.

RDM = Random Death Match, It was not Random if Surge was protecting his Command. Best I can do is point at the fact that the moment they left bunks and started attacking each other they were engaged in ACTIVE RP. Doesnt matter if they were minging or not.

Im gonna +Support DUE TO THE FACT, that this was not random and it had RP reasoning behind the attack.

• Like 3

-Support 

-It was your decision to open fire on a random person and you even said you "thought"

- No evidence to back up your claims

- Staff members discretion to warn you 

21 hours ago, Gunther said:

That's also false you would not KOS maynard as he is a high ranking official its like saying if the DORS kills a JR for no reason ur gonna KOS him  thats not how it works you would AOS him 

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Imma go ahead and +support as it seems he was just protecting a command member from dying by spraying somebody down and I dont think he was in the wrong here. If I was in a squad with other MTF and saw some foundation personnel trying to hit them with a club, I would spray his ass down. Calling staff would be the right thing to do but however if he did the commanding officer would die before the ticket is taken so he made a split second decision to save his commanding officers life.  I know Surge is one the more serious people we got in Nu7 and don't think he would kill somebody if he didnt have a reason. 

• Like 1

MTF E11 VCMDR Mateo C0RN

On 8/8/2020 at 4:09 PM, Squash said:

+Support

• Hoovy locked this topic