HLPR Bot Kill Mode Changes - Denied

Squash

Post Name: HLPR Bot Kill Mode Changes

What are you suggesting? 

I have two things that I am suggesting which I will post below, I wanted to post both since its basically the same topic

Suggestion 1 - HLPR Bots while in Kill Mode should not kill Maintenance, and can be disabled out of Kill Mode by Maintenance, however if the Maintenance person fails the roll then no other Maintenance may attempt to disable it, only one other Maintenance may assist, if there is no other Maintenance on then anybody near may assist. Once out of the mode its not hackable for another 10 minutes.

Suggestion 2 - Kill Mode only lasts for 3-4 minutes, which then the HLPR Bot will disable Kill Mode and cannot be hacked again until 10 minutes has passed after it disabled Kill Mode. It would do /advert [F] Kill Mode disabled, please wait 10 minutes until next attempt.

How would this change better the server? - Makes it so HLPR Bots are not just a target for CI when they walk out, yea I mean if they get disabled CI would just kill it, but at least its not going around attempting to kill all foundation personnel nor helping CI

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't see much rather than CI, however a 125% Health 100% Armor robot with a shotgun is not that hard to take out, since most MTF have more hp anyones. Not only that, but the HLPR Bot does advert that Kill Mode is activated, so its KOS to begin with.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation/Maintenance, no doubt about it, but its not a big benefit.

I would like to see +/-supports for the 2 suggestions individually, as it would give me more insight of what people think about each one.

Edited by Squash

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

1st one just sounds ridiculous, why would a hacked bot on a rampage not kill anyone it sees? 2nd sounds better but what is the current rule?

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support so, in my opinion when ci hacks a HLPR bot, it overrides the targeted coding meaning EVERY single foundation personnel is kosed,  the HLPR is hacked by a highly organized, and highly developed GOI, in no sense would it not target some janitor, thus allowing them to be fixed, and flip side how would a maintenance man know how to fix a sophisticated hack?

for your second suggestion, HLPR bots arent very OP tbh, get 2 people against them who are half decent at combat and they'll die. Simple as that if kill mode only lasted a certain amount of time then no matter what it would be useless to do, you put a HLPR into kill mode to 1. cover tracks, 2. help ci etc etc. so in my opinion

This seems like literally just a nerf to what sleuths/ci can do, and nothing else

Overall -Support

Edited by Comrade Boekhom
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

14 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

-Support so, in my opinion when ci hacks a HLPR bot, it overrides the targeted coding meaning EVERY single foundation personnel is kosed,  the HLPR is hacked by a highly organized, and highly developed GOI, in no sense would it not target some janitor, thus allowing them to be fixed, and flip side how would a maintenance man know how to fix a sophisticated hack?

for your second suggestion, HLPR bots arent very OP tbh, get 2 people against them who are half decent at combat and they'll die. Simple as that if kill mode only lasted a certain amount of time then no matter what it would be useless to do, you put a HLPR into kill mode to 1. cover tracks, 2. help ci etc etc. so in my opinion

This seems like literally just a nerf to what sleuths/ci can do, and nothing else

Overall -Support

29 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

Overall -Support

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

15 minutes ago, October said:

29 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

Overall -Support

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

I mean it doesn’t make that much sense why we would know coding as maintenance we fix stuff we don’t code things but on the other hand we do fix RIGs and stuff when asked too so I guess we would know coding of robots and HLPR bots main goal is too protect maintenance so I guess it would make a little sense for them too not kill maintenance and about it lasting around 3-5 minutes would they advert like coding malfunction detected restarting system it just seems like an odd suggestion if you @Squash could help explain it too me 

15 hours ago, Squash said:

Suggestion 2 - Kill Mode only lasts for 3-4 minutes, which then the HLPR Bot will disable Kill Mode and cannot be hacked again until 10 minutes has passed after it disabled Kill Mode. It would do /advert [F] Kill Mode disabled, please wait 10 minutes until next attempt.

I like this one better, and i think 10 minutes would be a much better time than 3-4 minutes, while the cooldown remains as 10. 10 Minutes sounds fair and is surely enough time for CI to use it as a distraction or whatever else the bot does

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

-Support

Option 1 just won't work, makes things too complicated with timers / rolls and also doesn't really make sense for the rampage to not affect utility people.

Option 2 seems a little unnecessary-- Are any HLPRs actually even surviving for 5+ minutes on kill mode? They kind of make themselves a big target with the advert & attacking people, and will have great difficulty getting any healing for themselves during this time.

Overall, I don't think either of these changes are necessary for the current HLPR Hack rules, as the current set of rules seems to result in pretty good self-resolution for each hacking scenario as it stands.

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

Option 1 just won't work, makes things too complicated with timers / rolls and also doesn't really make sense for the rampage to not affect utility people.

Option 2 seems a little unnecessary-- Are any HLPRs actually even surviving for 5+ minutes on kill mode? They kind of make themselves a big target with the advert & attacking people, and will have great difficulty getting any healing for themselves during this time.

Overall, I don't think either of these changes are necessary for the current HLPR Hack rules, as the current set of rules seems to result in pretty good self-resolution for each hacking scenario as it stands.

I completely agree with Beanz on this. It just makes things a bit more complicated and it’s unnecessary in my eyes

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

18 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

The creator of the bots has called to this suggestion. The answer is clear!

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

On 8/7/2020 at 7:23 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

On 8/6/2020 at 3:47 PM, Comrade Boekhom said:

Overall -Support

On 8/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Comrade Boekhom said:

Overall -Support

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

On 8/7/2020 at 7:23 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

big cat running GIF