Player Report BadAim

Jack S

Topic Title: Player Report - "badAim"

Your in game name: Jack S

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:432754918

The player's in game name: BadAim

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:81238702

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 8/3/2020 at 6:40-7:00 pm EST

What did the player do: He abused a tranq on 682 to uncuff him from CI just so they could have him, they overwhelmed us with numbers after he tranqed 682 so we couldn't recover him. 

Evidence (required)https://medal.tv/clips/29971111/d13378P9nkNi

What do you believe should happen to the player: A warn

Any extra information: In the clip you can see him crouching so he could get a better aim with the tranq, it was no accident.

Edit: It came to my attention it is not in the motd, but its also known as an exploit, take it as you will.

Edit 2: I don't want to retract the report others have told me to keep it as its exploiting and deserves to stay up.

Edited by [GL] loudyfam (Jack S)
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

Here are the guidelines regarding tranqs, directly taken from the MOTD:

SCP Tranquilization Guidelines:

All classes who possess a Tranquilizer weapon must follow these rules.

You can't tranquilize humans, this is considered FailRP.

You can only tranquilize the following SCPs: 682, 939, 098. Tranquilizing any SCP, not on this list is FailRP.

After an SCP is tranquilized, it must stay immobile for at least 15 seconds after it "wakes up" and must co-operate with the captors until either the SCP has been re-contained, or it has been more than 5 minutes since they have woken up.                       

I do not see anything relating to not tranqing a cuffed SCP, nor did the staff member ( @Starstep ) who handled the situation. 

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

8 minutes ago, [LN] jaideb said:

-support not in the my motd buddy also never heard of a rule of tranqing 682 while cuffed and you shouldve called staff before doing this

Actually we did, but I was told by others to report it.

3 minutes ago, BadAim said:

You can only tranquilize the following SCPs: 682, 939, 098. Tranquilizing any SCP, not on this list is FailRP.

After an SCP is tranquilized, it must stay immobile for at least 15 seconds after it "wakes up" and must co-operate with the captors until either the SCP has been re-contained, or it has been more than 5 minutes since they have woken up.                       

I do not see anything relating to not tranqing a cuffed SCP, nor did the staff member ( @Starstep ) who handled the situation. 

I understand you, but also everyone else who was there said to report it.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

It is somewhat of a known glitch that tranqing something will uncuff them , hence that is why Badaim resulted to tranqing the SCP when he knew that he could no longer capture the scp by killing the capturer.

c2fda95908d24f9b115d3cf356e7c113.png.d50899cf3c572bc1ac28dae04150f187.png

In the scenario it seems that Badaim knowingly exploited the semi-glitched mechanic of the tranq.

-support 

7 minutes ago, BadAim said:

10 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

It is somewhat of a known glitch that tranqing something will uncuff them , hence that is why Badaim resulted to tranqing the SCP when he knew that he could no longer capture the scp by killing the capturer.

In the scenario it seems that Badaim knowingly exploited the semi-glitched mechanic of the tranq.

It seems as others don' care about the exploit of the tranq

I have never heard of the tranq glitch, so I’m not very sure and it’s not in the MOTD so +/- Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

14 minutes ago, [GL] Bazooka said:

+support

He exploited because 682 was cuffed. He tranqed 682 to release him on CI. Due to the glitch uncuffing 682. He was Exploiting from what I see

Literally 0 Use to tranq 682 when hes in cuffs, seems like exploit and failrp to me

Edited by Jack II

Rejected from the gaminglight community

14 minutes ago, [GL] Bazooka said:

He was Exploiting from what I see

U sure about that? This isn't an uncommon tactic. I'd only say it's being noticed now because the time it takes for a tranq to take effect has been lowered substantially. I've been playing here for a while, I wouldn't have done this if I had thought it was against the rules (I will admit it was quite cheap of me to do tho and I only did it because I realized it was my only option).

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

Here’s my take, while it does seem like an exploit there’s no precedent for this, but the MOTD does state “Do not intentionally exploit any glitches ... to gain an unfair advantage.” 

This doesn’t seem to me to be a super unfair advantage because you can kill BadAim and then grab 682 again so it seems to me to be no harm no foul. Further more, I see no proof that it was BadAim that fired the tranquilizer shots, from the evidence provided. This is possibly oversight by me, or I’m just too tired (lol it’s 2 am), -support over all. 

7 hours ago, BadAim said:

U sure about that? This isn't an uncommon tactic. I'd only say it's being noticed now because the time it takes for a tranq to take effect has been lowered substantially. I've been playing here for a while, I wouldn't have done this if I had thought it was against the rules (I will admit it was quite cheap of me to do tho and I only did it because I realized it was my only option).

+Support instant uncuff by tranq and it's not even in the SOP for using it tactically.

He kinda admit to using it i guess...

Edited by FancyPants

8 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

7 minutes ago, FancyPants said:

+Support instant uncuff by tranq and it's not even in the SOP for using it tactically.

He kinda admit to using it i guess...

7 hours ago, [GL] Bazooka said:

+support

He exploited because 682 was cuffed. He tranqed 682 to release him on CI. Due to the glitch uncuffing 682. He was Exploiting from what I see

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

This seems like an exploitation of a Glitch to me, as i really cannot think of any other reason why he would've tranqed a cuffed 682.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support
I was with him in this raid (Due to me hosting it) After we ambushed CI for 682 we saw them drag him towards the "pit" From the distance badaim was from 682 it would be hard to impossible depending on what settings he uses to see if 682 is still in the cuffs of CI.

Edited by Crabbo

12 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

13 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

osu! achiever? I don't know

13 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

I have never heard of the tranq glitch, so I’m not very sure and it’s not in the MOTD so +/- Support

Also this was already handled in-game by staff.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

-support
I have never heard of this glitch/bug. Since this is unknown, meaning I doubt anyone has heard of this, I don't think badaim used this glitch to intentionally exploit. He tranqed him, I'm guessing, to slow down CI by him being unable to move, but not with the intent to uncuff 682. If he didn't mean to uncuff 682 but found a glitch that does so, is that still exploiting if the intent was pure? Exploiting I feel is abusing a glitch that is already known and has been noted throughout the community, but to find a glitch and to not have intentionally do it, would that still be the same as intentionally abusing a glitch? I don't think it is so that's why I believe badaim shouldn't be punished and someone should make a bug report and hopefully this can be fixed.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.