ID Checkpoints Suggestion - Denied

wolphin

What are you suggesting? - To bring back ID Checkpoints. Hear me out.

Make it so every one who wants to come/exit to HCZ have to have their ID's checked.
If it's not a sleuth, this is how the conversation should go: 

Boarder Officer: Hello, may I see ID?
SCP Staff: Sure. (does /me gives id)
Boarder Officer: (does /me puts id into id reader)
Boarder Officer: (does /me gives ID back)
SCP Staff: Thanks! 

If it IS a sleuth, this is the ideal situation:

Boarder Officer: May I see ID?
Sleuth: Sure. (gives id, rolls)*
Boarder Officer: Alright, let me confirm this with the rest of staff (secretly calls out on foundation comms)
Them, security comes and detains the sleuth.

*Sleuth must roll higher than 40 to enter HCZ without a valid ID.

How would this change better the server? - It adds realism, as i imagine the foundation doing something like this. It also makes sleuth's job a tad harder, making their job not-so-easy. To add on to that, it'll help Security with their jobs of keeping CI out.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None, to my knowledge at least.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Security,  SCP Staff in general.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Dislike 1

might be a furry but might also not be

Would give more for Gensec to do other than sit in D-Block

+Support

If it's DEFCON 3 or lower IDs shouldn't be checked though.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

45 minutes ago, October said:

According to Hoovy ID checkpoints are in the works.

Never said they were in the works. What I actually said is that I needed to look into it (which I did) and came to the conclusion that they will not be allowed due to this exact suggestion being made aprox. a month ago and being denied by Igneous. I thought that I informed you about my conclusion but if I did not I apologize.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

42 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

Never said they were in the works. What I actually said is that I needed to look into it (which I did) and came to the conclusion that they will not be allowed due to this exact suggestion being made aprox. a month ago and being denied by Igneous. I thought that I informed you about my conclusion but if I did not I apologize.

still, i made this suggestion so i could make a few changes/additions from the og suggestion.

might be a furry but might also not be

1 hour ago, Hoovy said:

I thought that I informed you about my conclusion but if I did not I apologize.

Apologies for misunderstanding you on the “in the works” part. I forget if you informed me or not, and it must’ve slipped my mind, so for that I feel terrible. Again I’m sorry sir. 

-support to this suggestion as it’s been denied before and changing it to GENSEC doing it doesn’t change much. 

Ah, I remember good ole Alpha-1 days where we did checkpoints when Site admins werent on... good times. 

-Support since the idea is a no go

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

5 hours ago, October said:

Apologies for misunderstanding you on the “in the works” part. I forget if you informed me or not, and it must’ve slipped my mind, so for that I feel terrible. Again I’m sorry sir. 

-support to this suggestion as it’s been denied before and changing it to GENSEC doing it doesn’t change much. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support
I would love this tbh, espacially with the new warden possibly being added. But sadly igneous and the SMT team has denied this before I think on multiple occasions. I don't really understand why but it's their decision not mine and I respect that.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

11 hours ago, October said:

According to Hoovy ID checkpoints are in the works. Here’s the current SOP that Dang and Aleks approved, https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Ak1_Vgbrf1XHDF1mK6mpWfQBYNA1EjpcE9pGe1FvLk/edit

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

-Support, even if it wasn't previously denied. This would just cause frustration for people.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

21 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Would give more for Gensec to do other than sit in D-Block

+Support

If it's DEFCON 3 or lower IDs shouldn't be checked though.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Honestly I like this idea. It gives Nu7 something to do when SCPs are contained and there isn't anything else going on. 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, October said:

According to Hoovy ID checkpoints are in the works. Here’s the current SOP that Dang and Aleks approved, https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Ak1_Vgbrf1XHDF1mK6mpWfQBYNA1EjpcE9pGe1FvLk/edit

can this also be used for Nu7 field expert/ command? As it does give us something to do cause we are usually bored around defcon 5 and 4 and this seems like a fun idea

Edited by Mint

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

I would like this suggestion if it was like a maintenance who built it and if non were on then an NU7 Feild expert or an E11 CE and if it was the CE they would be able too stay too man the checkpoint until someone else can man the checkpoint like an NU7 or an OM9 or a gensec but I feel like gensec being not as trusted members (sleuths and stuff can become a gensec so that’s what I mean also you know OFCs are scary) they should be called in only if A. the MTF have a serious threat like 682 939s 076-02 the time benders GOI or if mtf just can’t be their at the moment but sadly it was denied by igneous so -support on the part of this being the same suggestion but +support if like maintenance could build it because they have a log requirement and this would help them make their logs if their having a creative stump or no SCPs for them too contain or they can’t contain scps

Edited by pixalgamer99

Big - Support 

Congrats for making life for RND basically pointless 

You are only thinking about YOUR RP what about our RP if you guys implement this Sleuths are gonna have a fucking shit time trying to actually do what the need to do

Also people will abuse this shit to I.D check Sleuths and then what we literally can't enter LCZ without getting fucked over. 

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 8/3/2020 at 7:10 PM, E11 Jackal said:

+/-
+ For more RP like, and fun situations
- It can lead to meta gaming.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

3 hours ago, Dragin said:

Big - Support 

Congrats for making life for RND basically pointless 

You are only thinking about YOUR RP what about our RP if you guys implement this Sleuths are gonna have a fucking shit time trying to actually do what the need to do

Also people will abuse this shit to I.D check Sleuths and then what we literally can't enter LCZ without getting fucked over. 

Well that’s why you change outfits when inside the facility and have CI help you get into LCZ by killing the gaurd then you can enter LCZ