Adding nights to a never-ending day. - Denied

TheRedBall

I think adding some-sort of D&N cycle would spice things up, It makes the lights on civilian & emergency vehicles useful more then just decorative. 
I will give a list for some addons that include these features.

1. Atmos It's sorta like "Wiremod" but way different in terms of weather.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185609021
spacer.png

Pros:
- It has a "customize-able" D&N to determine how long nights & days are.
- It also has a stormy weather feature so that would be fun.

Cons:
- It sometimes bugs out in the brightest places where when it becomes dark, It seems brighter then usual breaking the illusion of realism.
- It has a snowy weather feature (I don't need to explain this one.)
- Atmos has clouds move too fast across the sky despite any changes to settings.

2. StormFox - Just like Atmos but with a few more added feature then Atmos
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132466603
?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

spacer.png

Pros:
- Advanced graphics then Atmos.
- It has a "customize-able" D&N to determine how long nights & days are. (again)

Cons:
- Snow
- Heavier rain then Atmos.
- Advanced graphics could mean lag.

I think it's time we embraced a better, more realistic side of the server.
One that takes place on a Sunday drive on the way home to visit your money printers & bit-miners,
then a city which takes place in a never-ending daytime setting.

Best of luck picking one, and if you don't pick one then that's fine. I just think it would be best. 

- Red 

• Gaminglight Love 2

We had one, but was removed from the server due to performance issues

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

7 hours ago, Freeze said:

in all honesty, I like it but I have the feeling it will cause lag. We have tried day and night cycle many times everytime comes back to the same problem.

No wrong in trying atleast. You never know.

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

7 hours ago, Freeze said:

in all honesty, I like it but I have the feeling it will cause lag. We have tried day and night cycle many times everytime comes back to the same problem.

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

Let's Give It A Try for Few Days Pleasssse

12 hours ago, Freeze said:

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

4 hours ago, [GL] #BeHappy said:

^^^^
would be hella nice 

15 hours ago, Freeze said:

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

Ex PoliceRP- Senior Admin & Senior Event Team Ex Support | Ex Fourm DiplomatEX SWAT Commander | EX UMC Mercenary Leader Ex OG General

On 8/3/2020 at 8:01 PM, Freeze said:

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

On 8/4/2020 at 3:32 AM, [GL] #BeHappy said:

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

First of all, thank you for those who are supportive of this idea. Second of all to those who responded about performance issues, I completely understand it's just that having a RP server with just a infinite daytime sorta bugs me in a way that ruins some role-play and aspect features of the server.
And besides if you do add it to the game if could pose for some interesting raids: Midnight bank robbery & Midnight base raiding.
Just in all honesty it would look fantastic as a included feature.
But still about the issue with lag, yeah that may become a problem but if it wasn't so much on server lag & performance issues... We would have something great at our disposal.

Edited by TheRedBall

-/+ Support

+ I love the intention for this, and I like to see a change in it than just day + night cycle. Rain would be something cool to see. (But also, some clients may not handle it.)

- However because Day And Night Cycles were removed and a suggestion was made in the past to add it back; I don't think this will go anywhere, but I wish it the best of luck anyways.

Part of the problem lays in how some people program. They end up leaving bugs in or duplicate lines of code that could easily be made into a function to reduce the over all amount of code. Even then I don't think this would effect the server itself, but more so the clients connecting to the server. GMOD and in turn Half Life[2], is really old and because of that it can be hard to optimize without overhaling it's engine. Speaking of that, WHERE IS MY HL3??!?!?!?!?

Edited by StackableGold

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

• Head of Staff
On 8/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, Masterson said:

Like stated above it was removed before due to lag, so it probably won't be added.

However you get an A+ for the effort that you put into the post

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

I will have to say +/-Support because it probably will lag the server but let's be honest it would be way more immersive and it would be amazing to see weather or maybe even just day and night again.

Good luck and good job on the post.

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

On 8/3/2020 at 8:01 PM, Freeze said:

Goodluck

+ Support for the idea

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor