Jimmy James forum diplomat application

Jimmy James

In-Game Name: Jimmy James

Steam Name: [GL] yoshihino

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:86323167

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? I am a Senior Admin on PoliceRp

How many posts do you have on the website?

How often are you online on the forums?

Every day a few times a day

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? (100 Words Minimum)

I believe I am qualified to be a forum diplomat because I am active on the forums and have had a positive reputation among the community. I check the forums typically when I get up in the morning and a couple times throughout the day depending on the day with my work schedule.  In tough situations  I uphold the highest respect to all players no matter what the situation or how the other player may be treating me. I believe this plays a big part in being a forum diplomat because you will often see players being disrespectful on the forums to each other and the forum diplomat must keep their cool and represent the community in a positive manner. I have worked my way up to senior admin as well as leading a department on policerp proving that I am not only a good leader, but a responsible member of the community that can be trusted.  Overall what I love to do is help people and a forum diplomat is the help on the forums and I would love to be a part of that team.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to pass make a difficult decision?

I have been in a lot of tough situations being staff on gaminglight you run into tough situations daily. The most recent situation I can think of is I had somebody who made a minor rule infraction that would require a warn, he stole a cop car, and he was at 39 warnings meaning his next warning was a permanent ban from the server. The player admitted that he knew it was wrong and knew he was a serious offender and this was his final chance. Dispite this being a tough decision as staff we cannot allow these repeat offenders to cause problems for our player and set that bad example, so I was forced to warn him and he was later banned for the 40 warning threshold. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers?

I would first tell that person that the shoutbox is not the appropriate place to be talking about this and delete their messages. I would then try to find what server they were banned from and provide them a link to the ban appeal page and instruct them to go appeal the ban if they felt it was false. If the continued to spam the chat box I would mute them and inform them that they have been muted from posting and let them know they can come back at a later time to appeal the ban if they feel it is false.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warn appeal?

I would first introduce myself as a forum diplomat and inform everyone on the post that if they continue to argue on the post that the post will be locked from further posts. If there were any derogatory comments or truly mean comments on the post i would hide those posts.If the arguing would continue I would lock the post and add a post letting them know it was locked from further posting and a SMT member will decide on the warn appeal at a later date.

8 hours ago, October said:

Big +support

Jimmy you’re on awesome guy, and you have wonderful judgement, as proven by the fact that you’re trusted to be HCMD and you’re a senior admin. Good luck. 

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

On 7/31/2020 at 12:57 PM, October said:

Big +support

Jimmy you’re on awesome guy, and you have wonderful judgement, as proven by the fact that you’re trusted to be HCMD and you’re a senior admin. Good luck. 

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

On 7/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, October said:

Big +support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomat Corps, I'm please to accept your application! Please reach out to me via discord to conduct your onboarding into the team. If you haven't already, please also read and reply with your understanding to the Forum Diplomat Handbook.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021