Sinnik's Forum Diplomat Application

Sinnik

Should I be made a Forums Diplomat?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be made a Forums Diplomat?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name: Sinnik

Steam Name: [GL] Sinnik

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22022353

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Admin on SCP-RP.

How many posts do you have on the website? 165, after this post.

How often are you online on the forums? Every day. As active as I am on the server, I am on the forums, as well. I may not have the most posts on the forums, but I always make sure to read as many threads as possible.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? (100 Words Minimum) I believe that I am qualified to serve as Forums Diplomat due to my myriad experience with staffing as well as dealing with difficult situations. I believe that my ability to both problem solve and adjudicate are impeccable. I try my best to be unbiased as possible, favoring no side but looking to solve whatever issue lies at hand. I am extremely dedicated to serving this community, and I constantly look for ways that I can help improve it, doing my best to make it a better place for both new and old players. I believe that I have a good reputation in the community, and that people often look to me for guidance and help. With the ability of a forums diplomat, I would be able to help people on the forums as I do in-game as well. 

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to pass make a difficult decision? I absolutely would. As Head of Security, I have to make difficult decisions almost daily. There have been numerous occasions in which I have had to administrate a situation between my own branch members and other members of the community. In one instance, a member of my branch was called out for being toxic. After hearing the full story, I decided that, even though I considered the member of my branch a friend, he needed to receive a strike due to his conduct. I consider myself excellent at judging situations, looking at them from all sides, absorbing all the information given, and making a decision, even when it can be a difficult one. No rule exceptions should ever be made based on your relationship to a person. If I ever felt like I would be even the slightest bit biased in any specific situation, I would forward the issue to the next available staff member.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers? I would first delete the spam, if it was more than 3 messages, then I would proceed to warn them that if they decide to continue, disciplinary action may be taken. I would then forward them the link to the appropriate section in order to appeal their ban.  

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warn appeal? I would post a reply to the thread formally requesting that the bickering stop here, and should be kept to +/- supports only. I would also state that if the argument continued, the thread would be locked and left for SMT to handle. 

Major +Support!!
Sinnik is one of the most trustworthy members of SCP-RP, he's unbiased, has great judgement, and overall is an amazing member of the community

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

+/-Support

Reasons Above

You do need to be more active on the forums, other than that tho I'd think you could be a good fit.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

15 hours ago, Catsro said:

- Support needs a little more forums activity and a little more posts. Other than he could be a good fit for the job.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 7/31/2020 at 3:50 PM, Cogs said:

Major +Support!!
Sinnik is one of the most trustworthy members of SCP-RP, he's unbiased, has great judgement, and overall is an amazing member of the community

You would do amazing as a forum diplomat but you should start trying to be more active and the forums.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomat Corps, I'm please to accept your application! Please reach out to me via discord to conduct your onboarding into the team. If you haven't already, please also read and reply with your understanding to the Forum Diplomat Handbook.

• Like 2

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021