Update MOTD Rules - Closed

Comrade Boekhom

What are you suggesting? -  Adding the new rules for d-class cc NLR to MOTD

How would this change better the server? -  People wouldn't get warned for following this new rule even though it was accepted but not in MOTD

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  N/A

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  everyone 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -  

https://gyazo.com/5cb43d7e8464505e06d1b881c95deddb

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-/+ support

You have to realize that that was multiple suggestions on one post and Igneous hit the standard accept button (to briefly explain this, there’s a button that SMT can hit on suggestions to create that copy and paste post, move it to accepted, and lock it). I believe when he was accepting it he was accepting suggestion 1 and 3 because they’ve been implemented (d-class brute and clarification on GENSEC adverting). My reasoning is supported by RookieBlue’s recent statement that d-class NLR is 90 seconds. 

Of course, I could be wrong too, and we’ll never know until Igneous responds, but I believe that you’re misinterpreting what he accepted. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

20 hours ago, October said:

-/+ support

You have to realize that that was multiple suggestions on one post and Igneous hit the standard accept button (to briefly explain this, there’s a button that SMT can hit on suggestions to create that copy and paste post, move it to accepted, and lock it). I believe when he was accepting it he was accepting suggestion 1 and 3 because they’ve been implemented (d-class brute and clarification on GENSEC adverting). My reasoning is supported by RookieBlue’s recent statement that d-class NLR is 90 seconds. 

Of course, I could be wrong too, and we’ll never know until Igneous responds, but I believe that you’re misinterpreting what he accepted. 

23 hours ago, October said:

-/+ support

Yeah, I am of the same mind on this. I am unsure if Igneous was accepting the totality of the original suggestion, since as October said, the other sections of the suggestion were implemented, but not that one. But I guess we'll find out when Igneous reviews this.

If something hasn't been added into the MOTD it should be a bug report, not a second suggestion. I've moved this to the correct location, and reached out to Igneous on what portions of this suggestion were to be implemented.

On a side note, don't make suggestions with multiple parts. It makes everything more confusing for everyone, especially if only part of a suggestion is accepted.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

• 5 weeks later...

Noted! We have reviewed this issue with our servers and we will be working hard to fix it ASAP! Please allow up to a week for any bug fixes to occur as we go on a first come first serve basis. Thank you!

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."