Another possible idea for 5208 - Denied

Gunther

What are you suggesting? - Hear me out, we add to 5208's F4 menu the ability to buy miniaturized vehicles, such as a Jeep, for so-so dollars. Imagine the Toy Soldiers riding around in an "RC" Jeep. Obviously its made for the aesthetic and add to the RP, albeit not practical since getting out to open every door kinda kills the thrill, but just imagine four 5208's speeding down LCZ hitting corners like no one's business. Now, I had an extra idea but the problem is two things: I don't know if changing the damage is possible or if it'd cause mass lag, but I thought of adding a mini tank along with Jeep.

How would this change better the server? - Gives 5208 an extra feature, makes it more exciting to play as and could be used for Research.  

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - For the Jeep, its not really necessary but its to add to the Toy Soldier idea. The Tank could cause lag.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 5208

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416337554

Edited by Gunther
Added model

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support

We used to have vehicles on this server and they caused SO MUCH lag. You also need to find a link to a tiny jeep. All I see is this being easily abused, ie 5208’s lagging the server, ramming into people with their cars, ramming into walls/doors to make noise, etc. 

29 minutes ago, October said:

-support

We used to have vehicles on this server and they caused SO MUCH lag. You also need to find a link to a tiny jeep. All I see is this being easily abused, ie 5208’s lagging the server, ramming into people with their cars, ramming into walls/doors to make noise, etc. 

Could we not just use a regular sized one, scale it down, and use it that way? And to be fair, those vehicle packs were like 60+ MB, where as the one I'll list is 17 MB. Still a lot for one vehicle but most require extra addons, this one doesn't.  I don't think it'd lag too much, and as far as everything else, can't you just disable damage or noises dealt by it?

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

8 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

Lag.jpg.711d1af45c83ecf1f6d727ba59aa79f4.jpg

That's actually pretty funny, but serious talk though, the server will lag regardless, adding this won't change much right?

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

That's actually pretty funny, but serious talk though, the server will lag regardless, adding this won't change much.

Rumor has it that if you lag hard enough you won't lag anymore

• Laughing 1

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

2 minutes ago, th3 said:

All those Laggers found Lag Nirvana.

200.gif

2 hours ago, October said:

-support

52 minutes ago, th3 said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

58 minutes ago, th3 said:

Ah yes, the lagger
But Seriously -Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+support

It would be ducking hilarious if 4 5208s were in a Jeep also would help 5208s get around a little easier

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

-Support, while it'd be quite fun and attract players to 5208,  it'd just be way to laggy.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

• 3 weeks later...