Duncan - Captain Application

Duncan  McOkiner

Rank You are Applying For: Captain

In-Game Name: Duncan

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:69411992

Current Rank: Lieutenant

How long have you been in your current rank?: My Lieutenant Application was accepted on June 26th. This would make me a Lieutenant for exactly 3 Weeks, given that it is now 7/16/20.

What timezone are you in?: EST/EDT

How many Warns do you have?: I currently have one (1) total warn(s). https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2168599925

Why should you be promoted (150 words Minimum): 

In my previous response for this section, I spoke about my experience in leadership outside of Garry's Mod, outside of Gaminglight, as well as my leadership experience within Gaminglight itself. While this all adds up to be an extraordinary amount, I have added some very important skills to this table: I have now been a Lieutenant in the RCPD for a sufficient period of time, and I have recently been selected for SRT Low Command. These are two positions that have drastically increased my knowledge of exactly how leadership is handled on Gaminglight specifically, especially given that the only prior Gaminglight Command positions that I have held were within DOC and State Police.

There are many qualities that might help someone stand out to be selected for the position of Captain. As a Lieutenant, I have developed a very deep desire to teach. I don't spend the majority of my time patrolling on the streets of Rockford - I don't respond to every robbery, I don't win every shootout, and I don't arrest every criminal. A majority of my time is spent within the PD Building. I enjoy listening to the radio intently, calling individuals back to the PD if they need a one-on-one session on Radio Etiquette. I enjoy silently teaching people the proper wardrobe options, vehicle customization options, and weapons that they are allowed to use at their rank. While training cadets is fun, I more-so enjoy listening in on a supervisor train a cadet and giving them feedback to help them become the best possible trainer they can be.

As a Captain, I can take this extreme desire of teaching to the next step. This would allow me to help arrange PD Meetings, this would allow me the ability to coach potential Lieutenants into becoming a phenomenal member of PD Command, and this would give me the privilege of determining who I believe would be the next PD Supervisors. I will not be afraid of holding Sergeants to a much higher standard. Becoming an RCPD Supervisor is a privilege, not an expected promotion, and I will treat it as such. Proving oneself capable of becoming a Sergeant is, to me, synonymous with proving oneself as a qualified instructor, which leads me to my final statement:

With me as a Captain of the Rockford City Police Department, I promise to ensure that the next wave of Sergeants consists of the best instructors, teachers, and educators that exist within the Gaminglight RCPD. 

You agree that disobeying any rules set by High Command will result in an immediate demotion (Yes/No): Yes

Please note that as per Deputy Commissioner Alton on 07/06/2020 in the RCPD Discord:

"Due to the abuse of the poll system both current a future applications you will not longer require to have a poll. This will remain in effect until further notice."

• Head of Staff
16 hours ago, K1LLER said:

+Support

Active

Great App

Respectful

Professional

Could Use More Time as an LT

have had nothing but good experiences with duncan!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

20 hours ago, K1LLER said:

+Support

Active

Great App

Respectful

Professional

Could Use More Time as an LT

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

23 hours ago, K1LLER said:

+Support

Active

Great App

Respectful

Professional

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |