Dempsy Ban Appeal

SDFvzbdraefDempsy

Steam Name: graygles

Ingame Name: Dempsy 

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:218729614

Ban Length: 1 Day

Admin That banned you: Dang/Warro

Reason for Ban: Prop Abuse x3 (banned on behalf of Warro)

Dispute:  I was banned for Prop abuse x3. I was jailed for about 600 seconds the first time, which I agree I was fucking around.  The second time, I created a joke tombstone for a dead D-Class (Jackal). I didn't expect anything to happen from this as is a pretty small offence, and doesn't harm anyone on the server. My main basis for my argument is that if prop abuse is a warning, and you need 10 warnings to be banned, that's a real violation of the rules and can really be abused if it is kept that way. 

• Like 1

This was pretty dumb of a ban, especially for a trial mod to decide, honestly.  The jailing is ridiculous, and the ban was even worse for something as minimal as prop abuse. No one was angry due to the prop placement, and there were probably no reports (as this is usually what happens with mic spam/propspam reports) and was punished purely by the mod. As well, Jackal is a friend of Dempsy's, so it is just a dumb joke. Another warn is much more appropriate for this, and this ban makes no sense.

+Support

Edited by Zone

Ashie •﹏•#1201

Former CI 2LT Zone | E11 WO Nines 009S

I only placed the ban after being told you were prop abusing  three times. In addition on the staff handbook it states 3+ Prop Abuse/Prop Block or Prop Block of Spawn - Formal Warning + Ban (24 hours). However I did not witnessed but I was informed by 2 tmods  @Warro @[GL] Bazooka so they should have the answers. Also the tmods said they already warned you multiple times, so I hope I wasn't miss informed.

1 minute ago, Dang said:

I only placed the ban after being told you were prop abusing  three times. In addition on the staff handbook it states 3+ Prop Abuse/Prop Block or Prop Block of Spawn - Formal Warning + Ban (24 hours). However I did not witnessed but I was informed by 2 tmods  @Warro @[GL] Bazooka so they should have the answers. Also the tmods said they already warned you multiple times, so I hope I wasn't miss informed.

When I checked my warnings I only had a single warning for that. Unless of course Mods can warn without telling you

+support

Very little prop abuse, possibly none at all, and no evidence was shown to Dang, which means that the ban was just based off the word of the trial mods, which shouldn't happen for a ban to be finalized, Dang should've gotten evidence from the Tmods, or gotten evidence himself.

• Heart-Eyes 1

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

4 minutes ago, Zone said:

Yes, but however, the true punishment is up to the admin on duty, which was left to you and Warro.

I warned him you can check warns when it did it the second time i jailed him then he did it the third time

2 minutes ago, Warro said:

The first time i warned him then when he did it again  i look on the staff hand book it said jail for 600 secs so i did then bazooka said that he prop abused again so i looked and it said one day ban

https://imgur.com/zrP1ENR

Lets anyalize this.  You warned me for prop abuse once.  Then bazooka warned me. Thats 2 warnings. Wheres the third one?

1 minute ago, Hope said:

@Warro

I do not see that you warned him the second time or a third time, I don't see why a ban was valid. In addition, why were you jailing him for 600 secs the first time??

Screenshot_20200716-205455_Chrome.jpg

I warned him the first time 

6 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

+support

Very little prop abuse, possibly none at all, and no evidence was shown to Dang, which means that the ban was just based off the word of the trial mods, which shouldn't happen for a ban to be finalized, Dang should've gotten evidence from the Tmods, or gotten evidence himself.

The evidence for me was on the logs he was spawning props multiple times on D-class. 

Edited by Dang

1 minute ago, Dang said:

The evidence for me was on the logs he was spawning props multiple times on D-class. 

Yes, but context is very essential for things like that, as there could have been reasoning for said prop spawn

Ashie •﹏•#1201

Former CI 2LT Zone | E11 WO Nines 009S

Just now, Zone said:

Yes, but context is very essential for things like that, as there could have been reasoning for said prop spawn

Clearly states on the MOTD that D-class are not allowed to spawn props at anytime.

• Like 2

+support 

Was very minimal prop abuse and didn't even use the props to a advantage definitely not worth a ban

23 minutes ago, Zone said:

This was pretty dumb of a ban, especially for a trial mod to decide, honestly.  The jailing is ridiculous, and the ban was even worse for something as minimal as prop abuse. No one was angry due to the prop placement, and there were probably no reports (as this is usually what happens with mic spam/propspam reports) and was punished purely by the mod. As well, Jackal is a friend of Dempsy's, so it is just a dumb joke. Another warn is much more appropriate for this, and this ban makes no sense.

+Support

download (1).jpg

11 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

+support

There are prop logs showing him as an d Block spawning in props