Shotguns - Accepted

Neo

2 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
ok in what world are medics having shotguns, or are you talking about the ACM, the 3 slots on it with only 1 good gun which is the benelli. 
Ok so after I posted this booob asked me to weapon test the shotguns so I can see how OP they actually were. After that I changed my opinion and do agree they need a nerf, not on damage but on range. I personally like it when all the guns do a shit ton of damage, espacially shotguns, as it makes people think more when CI or MTF raiding and turning the corner and wondering "am I about to have my ass handed to me on a plate by a shotgun or not." then just "I don't care I can tank 100 hits of the shotgun and kill them with my golden pan." BUT I do strongly agree the range of the shotguns need to be hella nerfed.

Omi9 and a brands new e11 job in their branch update, wut

2 minutes ago, Da da da said:

Omi9 and a brands new e11 job in their branch update, wut

O9 has always had a shotgun for their medic class and the ithaca isn't the strongest shotgun relative to meta. However, you need to put an astrix next to their name as "medic" because they're more than just a medic, they're an MTF unit. 

1 minute ago, October said:

O9 has always had a shotgun for their medic class and the ithaca isn't the strongest shotgun relative to meta. However, you need to put an astrix next to their name as "medic" because they're more than just a medic, they're an MTF unit. 

Doesn’t matter if they’re special forces, a medic is meant to have a lower power gun due to it having a clear advantage of healing, they are not a combat class, they’re a stay back and heal while everyone else fights.

im aware omi9 had their shotgun before this meta however I still then and now think it’s stupid. Medics having the ability to just heal them selves and then charge with shorty care free.

anyway, point being that shotguns need to be nerfed along side the Negev as the current meta is shit, medics having shotguns and more medic classes being made with shotguns makes no sense, it needs to change before we see utility with awps or some shit as at the moment that’s the direction this is heading.

45 minutes ago, Da da da said:

Doesn’t matter if they’re special forces, a medic is meant to have a lower power gun due to it having a clear advantage of healing, they are not a combat class, they’re a stay back and heal while everyone else fights.

im aware omi9 had their shotgun before this meta however I still then and now think it’s stupid. Medics having the ability to just heal them selves and then charge with shorty care free.

anyway, point being that shotguns need to be nerfed along side the Negev as the current meta is shit, medics having shotguns and more medic classes being made with shotguns makes no sense, it needs to change before we see utility with awps or some shit as at the moment that’s the direction this is heading.

and it does, the ithica really is not that viable, you dont hit all your shots and you're dead, and they have low armor so they squishy as hell and ur takin the piss if you think an MTF Medic having a shotgun will lead to utility getting AWPs

• Like 2

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

1 hour ago, Da da da said:

Well here’s the thing. All of CI military CMD classes are by definition medics yet they are stronger than most MTF classes. Going with your argument then CI gamma/delta need a nerf. I’m not looking to start an argument, but the Ithaca isn’t very viable. If you take issue with the O9 GS then please go -support the update. However, you are jumping to extremes. It’s MTF classes that have shotguns, not medics that’s the difference. Plus the O9 medic only gets the Ithaca and they’re one of the squishiest O9 classes. 

Again, I don’t want to start a fight, but your argument doesn’t make sense and you’re jumping to extremes. If we apply this logic then it needs to be applied to CI which means either remove the delta/gamma’s ability to spawn medical supplies or nerf them. You can’t pick and choose. I for one do not believe that any nerf is needed, but rather a buff of everything else because combat should be quick and guns should do a lot of damage. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Everyone needs to chill.

But I think buffing ARs/SMGs is the way to go imo, shotguns are in a good spot but ARs/SMGs are weaker.

• Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Everyone needs to chill.

But I think buffing ARs/SMGs is the way to go imo, shotguns are in a good spot but ARs/SMGs are weaker.

We should nerf the range of shotties a bit

Changing to a +Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

7 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

Ediy: After further reviewing the Suggestion i have changed my views on the subject
+Support, As of right now the shotguns kill from an extremely long distance

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

12 hours ago, starr said:

+support

I made a shotgun update a month or so before this whole weapon update and it was fine but this new weapon damage increase, as well as with the recent update, gunfights are literally just the most annoying thing if you don't have either a remington, nova, beneli, or just any shotgun at all.

especially since 90% of CCs and branches, are either trying to or, already have these 3-4 OP shotguns that end fights in 5 seconds (and that's NOT counting possible headshot hitboxes)

The fact that no other class of weapon is viable right now and considering the accuracy and sniping potential of the shotguns currently that can even outgun mid to long range weapons that are made for that exact reason alone is the proof of the terrible balancing of these shotguns at the state they're in now.

So either revert the changes made recently or you could also increase the hell out of the damage drop-off so that it actually makes sense to run away from shotguns and get range to counter them. The current state needs to be changed, and I would be saying this regardless if I had one of these OP shotguns myself or not, balancing over being OP.

TLDR: Shotguns beat everything right now and are everywhere, nerf them in some mild way at least.

14 hours ago, Dang said:

+support
- Shotguns are the meta right now and literally no other weapon can beat them accept the Negev.
- AR are under powered and SMGs are terrible at this current moment.
- Also the range on the shotguns are very broken at the moment and I recorded this clip earlier showing how far shotguns can shoot.https://medal.tv/clips/28711513/d1337lk2pnII, I know I wasn't on high health however at the start of the video you can see I was taking 30+ damage from the other side of d-block from a shotgun which doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case. However with the right buffs and changes this hopefully this can be changed to a more realistic outcome.

- However what I suggest is SMGs and ARs get a further buff to at least have a slight counter to shotguns. This could include a damage increase so you cannot just rush and use shotguns at long range without having a consequence.

I agree with buffing ARs  and SMGs but nerfing shotguns just doesn't sound like something that needs to be done. Maybe the range on them needs to be fixed but a complete revert would just be a waste of the time spent fixing them in the first place.

Also Range and Spread can be changed instead of just reverting all of the shotguns so we should do that instead.

17 hours ago, October said:

Well here’s the thing. All of CI military CMD classes are by definition medics yet they are stronger than most MTF classes. Going with your argument then CI gamma/delta need a nerf. I’m not looking to start an argument, but the Ithaca isn’t very viable. If you take issue with the O9 GS then please go -support the update. However, you are jumping to extremes. It’s MTF classes that have shotguns, not medics that’s the difference. Plus the O9 medic only gets the Ithaca and they’re one of the squishiest O9 classes. 

Again, I don’t want to start a fight, but your argument doesn’t make sense and you’re jumping to extremes. If we apply this logic then it needs to be applied to CI which means either remove the delta/gamma’s ability to spawn medical supplies or nerf them. You can’t pick and choose. I for one do not believe that any nerf is needed, but rather a buff of everything else because combat should be quick and guns should do a lot of damage. 

Last post as I wasn’t intending of starting an argument or continuing one, however.

There is a massive thing you have decided to leave out of this and it’s job role. One job (CI) has the task of raiding with one life, the other 3 (MTF as a whole) have the task of defending. Of course, defending is easier than attacking next to all the time, which is why when MTF group at gate A, no matter how many medics you got it’s gonna be on MTFs favour 90% of the time. Due to this some classes in CI must have equipment that suits raiding.

With one life some CI jobs outside sawbones have medkits, this is to preserve their life and do more damage. Obviously command are the priority of this due to them being command that are needed. MTF have infinite lives in the very lace they are defending (excluding E11). CI need equipment that makes it so they can make the most of their one life each otherwise what’s the point?

I would also like to point out that their are also I believe a few MTF jobs that have medkits outside of medic too, yet this was failed to be mentioned at all.

Just wanted to point this out as it’s very much been missed, gonna go back to doing whatever for my 4 week loa.

-SUPPORT Rhos are just one part so are om9 they are tanks and a fight should still have a chance too be fair I’ve seen it first hand were a full heath and armor CO Heavy with at close range a Negev coudnt kill one of them so once the RHO was worn down I shot him with a shotgun and he died so if shotguns weren’t how they are now those classes would run the server with the only sulution being like 3 or 4 guys it shouldn’t be that being in om9 or a custom class dictates if you can win a fight that is against your odds I don’t want a server we’re Rhos run it 

Edited by pixalgamer99

+Support

Good idea, but I feel that the range should stay and the spread be increased a little more, because it feels that shotguns are like snipers when it come to spread, their is none lul.

Edited by TheCloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-support if im up close to you using a shotgun it still takes 3-4 shots to actually kill you with real life if you get shot with a shotgun with that short of range you would get your ass blown back and have a giant hole in your stomach no matter what kind of armor you got except fucking power armor from fallout

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

15 hours ago, frog said:

-support if im up close to you using a shotgun it still takes 3-4 shots to actually kill you with real life if you get shot with a shotgun with that short of range you would get your ass blown back and have a giant hole in your stomach no matter what kind of armor you got except fucking power armor from fallout

Wouldn't that be the case with most weapons?

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

• 4 weeks later...