Shotguns - Accepted

Neo

What are you suggesting?
Revert shotgun changes to how the used to be.

How would this change better the server?
Because right now the only meta is Negev and shotguns that can clap you from 600ft away and it's boring.
Really no point in using an AR when a shotguns beats it at most ranges.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.
No, PvP was more fun when everyone didn't use just shotguns.

Who would this change mostly benefit?
Everyone
(And for the love of god buff SMG's they are pointless!!!!!)

Edited by Neo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

This is going to adversely affect branch updates which were done just recently or are in the process of being done. 

Also the armory will have to be redone.

-Support

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

12 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

This is going to affect branch updates which were done just recently so just for that I’m gonna have to -Support

That argument doesn’t work when medics now have shotguns that follow meta making them op and GENSEC having negevs or whatever they want.

im seeing a pattern of medics getting a secret shotgun that makes no sense...

+support

19 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

This is going to adversely affect branch updates which were done just recently or are in the process of being done. 

-Support

The update wasn't accepted yet so you can still make changes.
And I'd rather have 1 or 2 shitty guns in a branch for a month then to keep this shotgun meta.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

+support

I made a shotgun update a month or so before this whole weapon update and it was fine but this new weapon damage increase, as well as with the recent update, gunfights are literally just the most annoying thing if you don't have either a remington, nova, beneli, or just any shotgun at all.

especially since 90% of CCs and branches, are either trying to or, already have these 3-4 OP shotguns that end fights in 5 seconds (and that's NOT counting possible headshot hitboxes)

The fact that no other class of weapon is viable right now and considering the accuracy and sniping potential of the shotguns currently that can even outgun mid to long range weapons that are made for that exact reason alone is the proof of the terrible balancing of these shotguns at the state they're in now.

So either revert the changes made recently or you could also increase the hell out of the damage drop-off so that it actually makes sense to run away from shotguns and get range to counter them. The current state needs to be changed, and I would be saying this regardless if I had one of these OP shotguns myself or not, balancing over being OP.

TLDR: Shotguns beat everything right now and are everywhere, nerf them in some mild way at least.

Edited by starr

insert cliched signature 

39 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

-support

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

-Support I really don't think shotguns are that overpowered yes they do good damage but they also don't have great range and have like 8 shots max with pretty slow fire rate

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

+support, shotguns have been the meta for a long while, I don't know exactly know how reverting the changes will help but if it lets other weapons shine, let's do it.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

Ediy: After further reviewing the Suggestion i have changed my views on the subject
+Support, As of right now the shotguns kill from an extremely long distance

Edited by pixelated pancakes

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

yeaaaaaaaa +support

Edited by Mint
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 4

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+support
- Shotguns are the meta right now and literally no other weapon can beat them accept the Negev.
- AR are under powered and SMGs are terrible at this current moment.
- Also the range on the shotguns are very broken at the moment and I recorded this clip earlier showing how far shotguns can shoot.https://medal.tv/clips/28711513/d1337lk2pnII, I know I wasn't on high health however at the start of the video you can see I was taking 30+ damage from the other side of d-block from a shotgun which doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case. However with the right buffs and changes this hopefully this can be changed to a more realistic outcome.

- However what I suggest is SMGs and ARs get a further buff to at least have a slight counter to shotguns. This could include a damage increase so you cannot just rush and use shotguns at long range without having a consequence.

Edited by Dang
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dang said:

+support
- Shotguns are the meta right now and literally no other weapon can beat them accept the Negev.
- AR are under powered and SMGs are terrible at this current moment

- However what I suggest is SMGs and ARs get a further buff to at least have a slight counter to shotguns. This could include a damage increase so you cannot just rush and use shotguns at long range without having a consequence.

1 hour ago, starr said:

+support

I made a shotgun update a month or so before this whole weapon update and it was fine but this new weapon damage increase, as well as with the recent update, gunfights are literally just the most annoying thing if you don't have either a remington, nova, beneli, or just any shotgun at all.

especially since 90% of CCs and branches, are either trying to or, already have these 3-4 OP shotguns that end fights in 5 seconds (and that's NOT counting possible headshot hitboxes)

The fact that no other class of weapon is viable right now and considering the accuracy and sniping potential of the shotguns currently that can even outgun mid to long range weapons that are made for that exact reason alone is the proof of the terrible balancing of these shotguns at the state they're in now.

So either revert the changes made recently or you could also increase the hell out of the damage drop-off so that it actually makes sense to run away from shotguns and get range to counter them. The current state needs to be changed, and I would be saying this regardless if I had one of these OP shotguns myself or not, balancing over being OP.

TLDR: Shotguns beat everything right now and are everywhere, nerf them in some mild way at least.

2 hours ago, Da da da said:

That argument doesn’t work when medics now have shotguns that follow meta making them op and GENSEC having negevs or whatever they want.

im seeing a pattern of medics getting a secret shotgun that makes no sense...

+support

+support
ok in what world are medics having shotguns, or are you talking about the ACM, the 3 slots on it with only 1 good gun which is the benelli. 
Ok so after I posted this booob asked me to weapon test the shotguns so I can see how OP they actually were. After that I changed my opinion and do agree they need a nerf, not on damage but on range. I personally like it when all the guns do a shit ton of damage, espacially shotguns, as it makes people think more when CI or MTF raiding and turning the corner and wondering "am I about to have my ass handed to me on a plate by a shotgun or not." then just "I don't care I can tank 100 hits of the shotgun and kill them with my golden pan." BUT I do strongly agree the range of the shotguns need to be hella nerfed.

Edited by Jack (utility one)

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

54 minutes ago, Dang said:

+support
- Also the range on the shotguns are very broken at the moment and I recorded this clip earlier showing how far shotguns can shoot.https://medal.tv/clips/28711513/d1337lk2pnII, I know I wasn't on high health however at the start of the video you can see I was taking 30+ damage from the other side of d-block from a shotgun which doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case. However with the right buffs and changes this hopefully can be changed to a more realistic outcome.

^^^^^^ He says it the best

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

I'll look into the range of the shotguns, assault rifles are getting a massive accuracy buff and SMG's are getting their damage dropoff removed where it won't end until the range does, same goes for AR's and Snipers.

Edited by Bread

lol, lmao even

1 hour ago, Dang said:

+support
- Also the range on the shotguns are very broken at the moment and I recorded this clip earlier showing how far shotguns can shoot.https://medal.tv/clips/28711513/d1337lk2pnII, I know I wasn't on high health however at the start of the video you can see I was taking 30+ damage from the other side of d-block from a shotgun which doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case. However with the right buffs and changes this hopefully this can be changed to a more realistic outcome.

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway