Rhammer ban appeal

alecsgarden

Steam Name: [GL]alecsgarden

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:173316405

Ingame Name: Rhammer

Ban Length: 1 week

Admin that Banned you: Wildfire

Reason for Ban: Server Disrespect

Dispute: I had said that the gov on the police RP commit warcrimes. They do and I know this because I paly on the server and the break the Genova convention all the time like using gas on people. It was a fact. Not server diss

Staying neutral until Rookie responds. Yes, that is a joke that is told frequently on policeRP, and jokes of similar calibre are told frequently on this server, but I don’t believe Rookie would ban you for 1 week for saying that once. 

39 minutes ago, October said:

Staying neutral until Rookie responds. Yes, that is a joke that is told frequently on policeRP, and jokes of similar calibre are told frequently on this server, but I don’t believe Rookie would ban you for 1 week for saying that once. 

2 hours ago, October said:

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

1 hour ago, alecsgarden said:

Who is rookie? Also if that isn't why he banned me I would like to know what is. I wasn't taken to a sit and told what I did wrong so I assumed

So what my comment means is I believe that Rookie wouldn’t ban you if you only said “the government on policeRP commits warcrimes,” or if you only said it once. As to who Rookie is, O5-7 Wildfire (the person who banned you) is RookieBlue and they are one of the two head admins for SCP-RP. 

• Like 1

While on the server I observed the above player state in OOC chat:

"Rhammer ➞ user: [OOC] Gaminglight Police RP Gov commits warcrimes"

Given the ongoing political unrest in the Unites States that this touches on (claims that law enforcement are engaging in warcrimes), as well as the disrespect towards a fellow GamingLight server and branch I looked into the player's logs a bit. While going through the logs I uncovered the player making a disparaging remark against another player, the context of which was grabbing a D-Class to kill.

"Rhammer ➞ user: This isnt a peggu but this will work" 

Upon further checking I found other questionable messages sent by this user:

"Rhammer ➞ user: Tastes like a cripple... Wait. *SCREAMS*"

"Rhammer ➞ user: [OOC] STFU darosali2"

Upon checking this individual's history I also discovered that Rhammer has a history of minging on PoliceRP. Based on the information I found above, as well as taking into account the individual's past history, I issued a warning for server disrespect, which covers the comments made disrespecting PoliceRP's government branches, as well as a one week ban from the SCP server. Typically, server disrespect bans are one month long or longer, however, as this disrespect was toward a different server, and not as blatant as most disrespect instances, I reduced the ban length to one week.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

14 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

While on the server I observed the above player state in OOC chat:

"Rhammer ➞ user: [OOC] Gaminglight Police RP Gov commits warcrimes"

Given the ongoing political unrest in the Unites States that this touches on (claims that law enforcement are engaging in warcrimes), as well as the disrespect towards a fellow GamingLight server and branch I looked into the player's logs a bit. While going through the logs I uncovered the player making a disparaging remark against another player, the context of which was grabbing a D-Class to kill.

"Rhammer ➞ user: This isnt a peggu but this will work" 

Upon further checking I found other questionable messages sent by this user:

"Rhammer ➞ user: Tastes like a cripple... Wait. *SCREAMS*"

"Rhammer ➞ user: [OOC] STFU darosali2"

Upon checking this individual's history I also discovered that Rhammer has a history of minging on PoliceRP. Based on the information I found above, as well as taking into account the individual's past history, I issued a warning for server disrespect, which covers the comments made disrespecting PoliceRP's government branches, as well as a one week ban from the SCP server. Typically, server disrespect bans are one month long or longer, however, as this disrespect was toward a different server, and not as blatant as most disrespect instances, I reduced the ban length to one week.

Do you realize that when you drink from a coffee machine you are forced to say things. And I was telling at the other guy because he was annoying me and taunting me, so I was a bit distracted on that last one. I have bin a good police RP member for 3 months and I am a respected member of EMS. You need to check facts before you assume and ban. Also it would be nice to bring me into a sit and tell me why you are banning me before you ban me. I can tell you are new to the scrp server and I am to but check for things that are repeated by multiple players before you use it as evidence

Edited by alecsgarden

22 minutes ago, alecsgarden said:

. I can tell you are new to the scrp server and I am to but

Rookie guess what? UR A NOOB lel 

- support 

Rookie  is literally a HA and HD , I also trust he issued this ban with a good reason...

Edited by Dragin
  • Angry 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

23 minutes ago, alecsgarden said:

Do you realize that when you drink from a coffee machine you are forced to say things. And I was telling at the other guy because he was annoying me and taunting me, so I was a bit distracted on that last one. I have bin a good police RP member for 3 months and I am a respected member of EMS. You need to check facts before you assume and ban. Also it would be nice to bring me into a sit and tell me why you are banning me before you ban me. I can tell you are new to the scrp server and I am to but check for things that are repeated by multiple players before you use it as evidence

To quote the staff guidelines, “When issuing a ban, you should inform the player that they are receiving a ban, why the ban is being given, and how long the ban will be in place. ... SMT+ are exempt from this rule.” 

Of course it would be nice for staff sits to happen, but with the current civil unrest, and the fact that that seems to be a completely unneeded/unrelated topic. You also do have a history of many warns on policeRP. I do believe the ban is warranted. 

Edited by October

5 minutes ago, October said:

To quote the staff guidelines, “When issuing a ban, you should inform the player that they are receiving a ban, why the ban is being given, and how long the ban will be in place. ... SMT+ are exempt from this rule.” 

Of course it would be nice for staff sits to happen, but with the current civil unrest, and the fact that that seems to be a completely unneeded/unrelated topic. You also do have a history of many warns on policeRP. I do believe the ban is warranted. 

I understand the events and how that is not ok and I wasn't thinking about that at the time and I'm sorry but what about the fact that he is using a script that I couldn't avoid. That's like FBI putting a gun in your base and raiding you for it. And I have not bin a little minge for awhile and the last time I did anything very ban was 2019(sorry if unrelated) also I have never and will never Disrespect gaminglight

I'm giving up. I feel the ban was I right and I see it that way because of police RP but you (not trying to be disrespectful) can't see it through my eyes. I have an interesting mind set and I didn't make a video. I am sorry to any gaminglight members I have offended and will offend (I wouldn't on purpose). I will accept I was wrong and give up on my appeal. Do what you must with this appeal. Sorry to waste your time. Have a good day

Rookie I think it seems pretty clear everything he said and did was a joke, people say that Gensec commit war crimes nearly everyday and i'm sure this was a joke made in the same respect as it is made towards us, i'm not from USA and don't usually pay it's inner goings much attention so i'm not sure about why people are accusing the police over there of committing war crimes but i believe this was just a poorly timed joke taken out of context, the player diss thing, Peggu is a drink in the vending machine IDK what the Cripple one was but it seems like something the machine would make you say after all semen is an option on there so whoever sets it up clearly jokes around a bit, I was on the server when the ban was issued and assumed there was more to it then what was stated in the ban so didn't pay it much attention, however, I hadn't seen him causing any issues in chat and I hadn't seen any sits caused by or about him, +Support from me

Also Rookie isn't new to the server but i'm not sure how he didn't know about the drinks, and i'd try to be a bit more calm when responding although I do understand that this is probably quite frustratinh.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

2 hours ago, alecsgarden said:

I have bin a good police RP member for 3 months and I am a respected member of EMS. 

You have the following warning that are less than three months old:

05/08/2020, 18:01:16 - PoliceRP - [GL] General Hotshot - Building Across SPawm

Additionally you also have a ban for reaching the 10 warning threshold on PoliceRP.

You need to check facts before you assume and ban. 

I think all the information that I provided in my initial post described the situation and facts pretty well.

Also it would be nice to bring me into a sit and tell me why you are banning me before you ban me. 

Based on the information that I had, I did not feel a sit was necessary, as as a Senior Management Team member that is my prerogative. The warning and ban reasons laid out exactly why you received a warning and ban.

I can tell you are new to the scrp server and I am to but check for things that are repeated by multiple players before you use it as evidence

I've been playing on the SCPRP server since January of 2019, I'm one of two Head Admins on the server, and I'm the Head Forum Diplomat, and I have served in a variety of leadership capacities within the server. I'm also the individual in change of updating and writing new rules for the MOTD. There are few other players that have my level of knowledge and experience with the server. Based on the evidence I gathered, I think it absolutely warrants a short ban from the server.

I understand the events and how that is not ok and I wasn't thinking about that at the time and I'm sorry but what about the fact that he is using a script that I couldn't avoid. That's like FBI putting a gun in your base and raiding you for it.

This is entirely false. You made a choice to make the statement, I took the nature of your statement and your history into account, as well as your other actions on the server. The situation you describe is someone else creating a situation to suit them. You created the situation yourself and are being held accountable for it.

And I have not bin a little minge for awhile and the last time I did anything very ban was 2019(sorry if unrelated) 

You have received the following warnings for misconduct on the PoliceRP server in 2020, which contradicts your statement:

01/11/2020, 14:09:26 - PoliceRP - [GL] Water - Fear rp

01/15/2020, 00:20:51 - PoliceRP - [GL] Will - LTAP

03/02/2020, 01:38:45 - PoliceRP - [GL] SpadeH - Corruption

04/03/2020, 21:49:27 - PoliceRP - bT aSSailaNTT - Raid

04/13/2020, 21:41:21 - PoliceRP - Springs [572] - Fail RP

30 minutes ago, alecsgarden said:

I'm giving up. I feel the ban was I right and I see it that way because of police RP but you (not trying to be disrespectful) can't see it through my eyes. I have an interesting mind set and I didn't make a video. I am sorry to any gaminglight members I have offended and will offend (I wouldn't on purpose). I will accept I was wrong and give up on my appeal. Do what you must with this appeal. Sorry to waste your time. Have a good day

Your ban appeal will be handled by a different member of the Senior Management Team, not myself. So one of them will make the final decision on whether the ban will stay in place or will be removed.

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

You have the following warning that are less than three months old:

Additionally you also have a ban for reaching the 10 warning threshold on PoliceRP.

I think all the information that I provided in my initial post described the situation and facts pretty well.

Based on the information that I had, I did not feel a sit was necessary, as as a Senior Management Team member that is my prerogative. The warning and ban reasons laid out exactly why you received a warning and ban.

I've been playing on the SCPRP server since January of 2019, I'm one of two Head Admins on the server, and I'm the Head Forum Diplomat, and I have served in a variety of leadership capacities within the server. I'm also the individual in change of updating and writing new rules for the MOTD. There are few other players that have my level of knowledge and experience with the server. Based on the evidence I gathered, I think it absolutely warrants a short ban from the server.

This is entirely false. You made a choice to make the statement, I took the nature of your statement and your history into account, as well as your other actions on the server. The situation you describe is someone else creating a situation to suit them. You created the situation yourself and are being held accountable for it.

You have received the following warnings for misconduct on the PoliceRP server in 2020, which contradicts your statement:

01/11/2020, 14:09:26 - PoliceRP - [GL] Water - Fear rp

01/15/2020, 00:20:51 - PoliceRP - [GL] Will - LTAP

03/02/2020, 01:38:45 - PoliceRP - [GL] SpadeH - Corruption

04/03/2020, 21:49:27 - PoliceRP - bT aSSailaNTT - Raid

04/13/2020, 21:41:21 - PoliceRP - Springs [572] - Fail RP

Your ban appeal will be handled by a different member of the Senior Management Team, not myself. So one of them will make the final decision on whether the ban will stay in place or will be removed.

+support

ROOKIEBLUE SNAPPPPPPPED

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

39 minutes ago, Skela said:

+support

ROOKIEBLUE SNAPPPPPPPED

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

Accepted!

Your ban will be shortened to 3 days, next time we want to go calling a staff member new and bringing up the handbook id advise knowing who your using it against as SMT do have some special perms.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

5 hours ago, alecsgarden said:

Do you realize that when you drink from a coffee machine you are forced to say things. 

2 hours ago, Meridian said:

Also Rookie isn't new to the server but i'm not sure how he didn't know about the drinks, and i'd try to be a bit more calm when responding although I do understand that this is probably quite frustratinh.

I have been informed that some of those statements are automatic from the coffee machine SCP. I've never actually seen the coffee machine used, and was not aware of that! I'll take the hit on that and admit my mistake. My apologies there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1