Metabaiting being added to the MOTD - Denied

Bongoz

How would this change better the server? -  The outcome of an update like this one, would be fewer new players  accidently doing wrong, therefore leading to them being punished for something they didn't know  that they couldn't do. And I know this cause I've been a victim of it, I don't remember the adminstrators name, but I have recieved a verbal warning for it. And I know that I will get some bad reviews, partially, maybe because this suggestion isn't very game changing, and  because its very minor. But also because I have built up a pretty bad reputation, based off of my actions ingame. And that is my fault. Anyways, enough with the small talk, I definetly think this would be more fair towards the newcomers, and preventing them from doing punishable things.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Not any that I could think of, although it isn't  a very big suggestion, and I would understand if it wouldn't be accepted.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  As mentioned in the first question, the unexperienced players. But not only them, also those that haven't heard of metabaiting before. There are many  unwritten rules, but I see this one as the vital one. Because I've seen many players doing it without even noticing.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Bongoz

You're gonna need to define metabaiting for me, and the context of when it would come into play.

Also there shouldn't be any unwritten rules, which is why I tell people to tell me them so I can make them written.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

4 hours ago, Bionicle said:

I don’t exactly know what this suggestion is about, but if you are unclear of a rule in the MOTD, ask a staff member about it.

Yea, part of the suggestion is missing so there's no context.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

4 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

You're gonna need to define metabaiting for me, and the context of when it would come into play.

Also there shouldn't be any unwritten rules, which is why I tell people to tell me them so I can make them written.

EX MTF Omi9 RCT WAK RC22 | MTF Nu7 CPL WAK O07C | MTF E11 PFC WAK | Event Team Member

Im pretty sure by metabating he means like lets say im on mtf i say in ooc "gg ci, nice kill in EZ" or something of that sort to try to get people to metagame

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

Metabaiting, as far as my knowledge goes, is the act of throwing IC information into OOC, with the hope/reasonable expectation that someone will act upon it and metagame. 

For Example, if an MTF says in OOC "Oh hey CI's in EZ" after being killed, one could technicaly argue that they are not violating NLR due to them not using that information IC. I believe this rule would define that as being not allowed in the rules, even though in general it already isn't.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

• 4 weeks later...