Security CCs. - Accepted

Giovanni
Message added by Igneous

I don’t think I need to remind anybody on here that suggestions are not the place for you to hash out beef with any other branch or person, so here’s what we’re going to do. I’m not going to lock this because I believe this type of change should be throughly talked about from the community, HOWEVER, any arguing from this point on, whoever it is, will either receive a demotion from their rank or a short ban on the server, depending on the situation.  Post your opinion, RESPECTFULLY, and move on. If you disagree with someone else’s opinion, please keep it to yourself because everyone is allowed to have differing opinions. Thank you.

Should Security CCs receive a nerf to NLR/Lose the ability to Enter HCZ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should Security CCs receive a nerf to NLR/Lose the ability to Enter HCZ?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, APE said:

obviously a huge benefit for CI, the outcome wont change. Security would still be annoying as hell to get through. CI absolutely rams security right where it hurts when our CCs are offline lol, we all know that to be true. 

Like i said. Cockiness. 

4 minutes ago, Ritz said:

I feel like you're missing the point that security CC's are get a reduced NLR timer while being equal to MTF CC's in power which doesn't exactly make sense as it's a benefit with no drawback for the same price, which kinda doesn't make sense

8 minutes ago, APE said:

but I myself chose to comment on why I believe CI's arguments don't sit right with me.

Like Said. It's not CI's problem.

9 minutes ago, APE said:

but I decided not too because in a post that relates to the roles of multiple branches, I think it is safe to comment on whichever branches arguments I would like to oppose. 

This is a being "equal to MTF CC's in power" You guys are gensec.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

1 minute ago, [GL] Jack said:

Why are security CC so thick anyway? 200 Health And Armor to me starts making you a threat to CI. Anything below that you might as well be a turkey to shoot unless your a sniper. These guys are better then E11 enlisted with there better guns and higher armor/health. HOW AND WHY!? They are security. Are'nt they supposed to be weaker then MTF?  

This isn't the point of the post?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ritz said:

oh ok, i misunderstood what you were going for
pretty sure the suggestion is intended to be an either or thing

Yeah no, If it was just NLR I would plus support. But since it wasn't specifically stated whether or not it was an either or thing, I have to minus support until its confirmed that they are separate.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

2 minutes ago, [GL] Jack said:

Why are security CC so thick anyway? 200 Health And Armor to me starts making you a threat to CI. Anything below that you might as well be a turkey to shoot unless your a sniper. These guys are better then E11 enlisted with there better guns and higher armor/health. HOW AND WHY!? They are security. Are'nt they supposed to be weaker then MTF?  

that's not the argument 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

1 minute ago, APE said:

Yeah no, If it was just NLR I would plus support. But since it wasn't specifically stated whether or not it was an either or thing, I have to minus support until its confirmed that they are separate.

It's an either or thing

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

3 minutes ago, Skela said:

Like i said. Cockiness. 

Saying that without security CC's, CI can very well destroy gensec? That's under confidence in my own branch, rather than cockiness.  You are acting as if me saying that security CCs pose a challenge to CI is a "cocky thing". It simply isn't lol, any cc is a big player in combat situations, so it would stand to reason that more CC's=harder fight. Not stretching the line there. 

Thanks for the confirmation Gio, I +Support the nlr increase, since I never had an issue with that since the beginning.  Though my stance remains on the ability to enter HCZ. I appreciate the civil discourse Skela lol, nhf if you got offended by my confidence in my branch. When big changes like this are posed, I want what is best for my branch, though I am not deaf to reason obviously. Only issue is that some SEC CC's are RCF CC's. 

• Like 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

-/+Support

As far as doing MTF's job, I don't know what you're talking about. All Gensec CC's, OPSF and OPRF, are only given to Command members, excluding myself, as I'm no longer Command but still have the slot. Last I checked, all Command all RCF, and there is no rule stating they can't be on their CC while doing an RCF's job. 

As far as the NLR, its complicated. D-Class and D-Block is unpredictable, while at the same time CC's make it hard to take over, its not impossible. I myself have killed most of Gensec by myself with a Sledgehammer. However, I'm not most people, so generally speaking, most D-Class die, which is why most people struggle. They also don't have guns or donator items, so of course they can't win. They aren't meant to. I'd go as far as to argue that MTF Nu7 and Omi9 are more of an obstacle than CC's, because trying to win against two Omi9 Juggernauts is ridiculously hard since they have 350/125 hp and armor. 

However, Gensec NLR was reduced due to the CSGO knives and those have since been nerfed, so at the moment, it doesn't make much sense why they still have 2 minutes. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

-/+Support

As far as doing MTF's job, I don't know what you're talking about. All Gensec CC's, OPSF and OPRF, are only given to Command members, excluding myself, as I'm no longer Command but still have the slot. Last I checked, all Command all RCF, and there is no rule stating they can't be on their CC while doing an RCF's job. 

As far as the NLR, its complicated. D-Class and D-Block is unpredictable, while at the same time CC's make it hard to take over, its not impossible. I myself have killed most of Gensec by myself with a Sledgehammer. However, I'm not most people, so generally speaking, most D-Class die, which is why most people struggle. They also don't have guns or donator items, so of course they can't win. They aren't meant to. I'd go as far as to argue that MTF Nu7 and Omi9 are more of an obstacle than CC's, because trying to win against two Omi9 Juggernauts is ridiculously hard since they have 350/125 hp and armor. 

However, Gensec NLR was reduced due to the CSGO knives and those have since been nerfed, so at the moment, it doesn't make much sense why they still have 2 minutes. 

Anyone can get a cc. OPSF and OPRF are inactive with one active command member between the two of them. There are multiple non command ccs.

Just now, APE said:

Anyone can get a cc. OPSF and OPRF are inactive with one active command member between the two of them. There are multiple non command ccs.

Name a few, aside from Command, I don't know any NCO or below who have CC's for Security. Even so, if they are RCF, my point stands, there is no rule stating RCF can't use CC's instead of their actual RCF jobs. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Yeah, im really close to locking this. Can't see much more coming out of it opinion wise besides arguments. Prove me wrong. (It slightly worries me that a suggestion can get THREE PAGES of replies in nine hours.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

• Hoovy locked and unlocked this topic

To me  Security CC are one foot in MTF and another foot security. There are two differences I see between  security and MTF. 

The first is MTF duties and security duties. MTF duties mostly consist of  SCPs/CI handling and keeping HCZ/EZ secure and misconduct free.                                                                                                                                                             Securities duty mostly consist of keeping LCZ secure/misconduct free and handling with D class.

Yes there are things like RCF that does MTF things and MTF does occasionally have to help security but most of the time this is what they do.

The second difference  is strength. MTF are stronger then security. Like how D class are supposed to be weak security is supposed to be weak atleast compared to MTF.                                                                                                This is where I believe the problem comes in. Security CC have one foot in MTF and one foot in security.

There as strong as MTF yet there duties consist of what security does supposedly. They are a level higher then security and yet doing a job security was already fine doing.                                                                                           There a hybrid job. They make things confusing. It does not help with the fact they can go into HCZ.  You have a hyrid job that can do both security and MTF duties. WHAT?

Security can't do MTFs job and MTF can't do security's job and the reason why is because of there limits. Security CC has the strengths of both and barely any weaknesses.

+Support So fuck it. Do both. Thats the best we can do really.

Edited by [GL] Jack

-Support

I do not believe this suggestion deals with the issue at hand, which is that Custom Classes routinely in the past and possibly have continued to bypass SOP rules and restrictions for the branch that they paid to be a part of in their own custom class which is their particular "fantasy" or perhaps their preferred way to roleplay on the server. A better way to change this is through Rookieblue's suggestion which you can find earlier above. Increased communication to clearly establish the expectations and rules that a Custom Class must follow when participating in roleplay as a Security, MTF, CI, etc Custom Class to ensure that mishaps can be quickly dealt with while avoiding the excuse of "I didn't read the SOP so I didn't know" excuse or disregarding specific branches SOP's in favor of the less restrictive MOTD at times.

These Security Custom Class Owners specifically indicated they wanted their class to be considered Security. This entails following their SOP and MOTD rules in tandem which several posters above commented on examples of that not happening, which is why I talked about Rookieblue's suggestion as being more able to address the issue people raised in this thread. Changing their NLR timer does nothing but punish them for paying for a different experience than MTF, or CI which have to follow their branches SOP and MOTD rules with no distinction or special/detrimental treatment (I might be wrong about that, if I am then sorry). 

This is getting long winded but tl;dr.

I don't think this suggestion addresses the issue with Security CC's and punishing them for not indicating MTF by treating them differently than other Gensec is not the solution. Please refer to Rookieblue's post if you need to clarify what I meant in most of this. Edit: If D class CC's had to pay an additional $50 then perhaps they should get the same nlr as normal d class.

Edited by th3
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 2

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

45 minutes ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

+Support

D-Class CCs get *much* more NLR than D-Class

Gensec CCs should get *much* more NLR than Gensec.

(+Reasons above)

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support
Security CCs are currently MTF with lower NLR and more advantageous spawn.
Security guidelines must be more strictly enforced upon them, as being a custom class should not grant the player increased privileges within its respective branch.

• Head Admin
10 hours ago, Bubonicc said:

Weiss is being removed my from CC for violating GENSEC SOP, this was an isolated incident and will NOT be happening again.

+support 
Needs the big nerf.
585566149232689153.gif?v=1

Note: On the NLR, already thought they had a 3 minute NLR actually due to the wording of the MOTD?
unknown.png
It could be an interpretation thing; Custom Classes are under their own tab on the menu. Thus not under the Foundation Security category.
Or it could be seen as all security related jobs? 
Either way this  suggestion would certainly serve to clarify this. 

Edited by Weiss

+Support, as long as it's just a cc NLR nerf, if you take away something that normal security can do, and CC owners payed for that'd be ridiculous (talking bout RCF ability), and if ou ever see a security CC in EZ and it isnt a major, or a sm with a major tell Security command ASAP.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished ||