non-combatant RoE - Accepted

Jack (utility one)

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting that a non-combatant RoE is added to the rules under foundation staff. The rule I am requesting is that "Non-combatants (research, utility) are only able to shoot an enemy if shot upon, hit, attacked in any form or fashion as well as being cuffed,  or threatened by a weapon (while not under fearRP)."

How would this change better the server? - This is the rule of thumb around non-combatants that only shoot if shot at but I've also been told and taught that you can attack if you feel threatened. That rule is extremely broad and makes things confusing towards CI and D-class. What is the border of feeling threatened or not, how can you staff that issue if all the player has to say is "I felt threatened." and the person gets off scot free. This would also add this rule "only shoot if shot at." in the MOTD it self instead word to word or branch rules and would make things a lot simpler. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't see any besides making RDM harder as it removes this excuse. (this is for those RDM'ers out there)

Who would this change mostly benefit? - non-combatants, CI, D-class or any other "enemies" 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - nope.

Edited by Jack (utility one)

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

+support

The current rules of RoE is extremely broad, would really like it updated to the current standards.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

1 hour ago, Hope said:

+support

The current rules of RoE is extremely broad, would really like it updated to the current standards.

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+ support
" he looked at me funny, so I killed him"

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

10 hours ago, Forehead man [GL] said:

+/- support

- while I see  the reason to add this so people dont just do " he looked at me funny", if you see ci coming up to you about to cuff your ass, you bet your ass you would try to shoot them regardless if they shot you

This happened to me before, they tried to cuff me so I just pulled out a shotgun. I think there should be exceptions.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

I would say an acception to CI but sometimes they don't shoot and they will complain. I'm trying to avoid complaints and arguments, I will add being cuffed as a reason to attack...but I feel the reasons I said would cover that but I will add it.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, Hope said:

+support

EX MTF Omi9 RCT WAK RC22 | MTF Nu7 CPL WAK O07C | MTF E11 PFC WAK | Event Team Member

• Manager

+Support 

I like the idea, and I think it can stop a lot of confusion and frustration. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, Hope said:

+support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

On 7/12/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jack (utility one) said:

I would say an acception to CI but sometimes they don't shoot and they will complain. I'm trying to avoid complaints and arguments, I will add being cuffed as a reason to attack...but I feel the reasons I said would cover that but I will add it.

The best system, in my opinion, is that if you aren’t under fearRP and someone is threatening you with a weapon (ie a d-class with a knife saying “open this door or I’ll stab you!”) would qualify as a threat. So the rule should be, being shot at, cuffed, or threatened by a weapon (while not under fearRP). Otherwise I’d say +support

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, Ritz said:

+Support

clarity is a never nice thing to have in an MOTD

Current: [REDACTED]

Former: E11 COL | Deputy Head of FTOs | CI SRIC/LCPL

"We die in the dark so that others can live in the light."