SCP-939 New feature possibly? - Denied

E11 Jackal

What are you suggesting? - As we all know, SCP-939 can mimic voices.  Often, SCP-939 mimics voices of it's victims.

So... What does Jackal suggestion?

I think we should add a rule, where if 939 kills someone. It can change it's name, to the victim it killed.  Example

Jackal: Man, I need some help.
939 proceeds to kill Jackal
939 is now named Jackal for the duration of a minute.
And can mimic/talk with the name. To lure in and take down it's victims.

Perhaps add a rolling mechanic to make it fair. What do you guys think? The general idea is there, perhaps we can fine tune it!

How would this change better the server? - Adding a more RP aspect to 939, allowing them to lure in subjects/prey. It would add an intense feeling, to hearing a comrade, opening the door. And 939 rest there. Waiting for the prey.
Fear factor for 939 would go up a bit, not to mention it would make dealing with 939 more..interesting.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't really see a disadvantage to having it. I do for it's enemies. But, I think it would be a fun challenge.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP 939, allowing to mimic and disguise it's voice/use a name of a victim to lure in it's prey.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

+support

Just yes

Lore Friendly

Would be an interesting mechanic

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

-Support, this would cause issue's for staff with Ulx Commands, and would not actually come into play much.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

-Support, this would cause issue's for staff with Ulx Commands, and would not actually come into play much.

Real hassle and chances are, not worth the time and energy for roleplay to which 939 can mimic voices by default and set it's name to something stupid like MTF General Hero HR69

Edited by Protoss

Hello Jackal,

While this sounds like a good idea, the problem lies in the fact that this is not at all useful for 939 in the servers current state. He would kill someone, change his name and then nothing would occur because 939 only cares about people moving on our server. In the actual game this would be useful because it can actually change its voice, but in our server, that can't occur and theres no real way to force a roll or rp on someone reasonably with this.

-Support, this has no real use on our server in the current state that 939 exists in. Unless there was a way to voice mod with a swep or a fundemental change to 939 rules with rolling and sounds, this will not be used and if it is, it will not be useful.

Edited by Matricies

-Support

kinda janky from the way you describe it

also can't you just rdm people with the rp excuse of in lore I would be able to hear their heartbeat

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

Yea, guess ya folks are right

4 hours ago, Ritz said:

-Support

also can't you just rdm people with the rp excuse of in lore I would be able to hear their heartbeat

Though, there is no allowance for RDM. The player would still have to follow the rules.

14 hours ago, Ritz said:

-Support

i really love the idea though 

19 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Jackal,

While this sounds like a good idea, the problem lies in the fact that this is not at all useful for 939 in the servers current state. He would kill someone, change his name and then nothing would occur because 939 only cares about people moving on our server. In the actual game this would be useful because it can actually change its voice, but in our server, that can't occur and theres no real way to force a roll or rp on someone reasonably with this.

-Support, this has no real use on our server in the current state that 939 exists in. Unless there was a way to voice mod with a swep or a fundemental change to 939 rules with rolling and sounds, this will not be used and if it is, it will not be useful.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 7/11/2020 at 5:35 AM, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+support

Just yes

Lore Friendly

EX MTF Omi9 RCT WAK RC22 | MTF Nu7 CPL WAK O07C | MTF E11 PFC WAK | Event Team Member

On 7/11/2020 at 11:35 AM, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+support

Just yes

Lore Friendly

sounds pretty fun, may nit be used a whole lot but i don't see any downsides that couldn't be pretty easily handled

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

On 7/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
It is lore friendly but we are a semi-serious RP server and this would cause to many issues with staff and just complicate things a lot.

Yes

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

• Manager
On 7/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, Matricies said:

Hello Jackal,

I love the idea but I also agree with Matricies, I wish we could do this on the server but I don't think will be able to have it. 

• Like 1

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 7/11/2020 at 7:35 AM, Falxen said:

- support i do like the lore friendly vibes here but this seems harder then it be worth 

• Like 1

The old E11 CMDR Jay 

On 7/11/2020 at 6:35 AM, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+support

Just yes

Lore Friendly

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

• 5 weeks later...