A Change to the FearRP System - Accepted

October

+support >ive had to many manyards take out their gun an have it out saying "cant fearrp me" yet their'd be 6 mtf on him

• Like 1

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 7/10/2020 at 1:01 AM, Cogs said:

+support
If we can get the rule to be incorporated quickly and fairly, i think it would be a much better system

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 7/10/2020 at 1:11 AM, Kami- Amaterasu said:

+Support

honestly wanted to make a suggestion like this. It honeslty doesn't make sense in rp where you have a small gun out but still have 4+People pointing guns at you

+Support  Who wants to fearrp SCP-682?

22 hours ago, Falxen said:

+/- Support, while i would enjoy a rule of this sort being added, i don't believe it'd be easily enforceable by the staff team. As of current FearRP sits are already frustrating for players since the only way they can be proven is with video, and this'd get even worse if we make the rules more complex.

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

So, I heavily agree. This should be +.

The reason I say it is because. This has happened numerous times. it's annoying seeing a Maynard, jump away, or even CI, enemies in general. With a gun when there is a heavy amount of MTF surrounding, or CI surrounding.

I think honestly this would benefit both sides. That's why I say +

There's no way to tell if someone has their gun out and on safety unless you have video proof.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a rule change that would allow a group of personnel to FearRP someone even if they have a gun out while combat has not started, but again, as logs only show single individuals, rather that an entire group, you would need video evidence to back up any report or admin sit. If this is approved I'd need a minute to think of solid rules that would make sense and reduce the potential for the staff team getting bombarded by sits from armed D-Class claiming they're FearRP'ing the entire GENSEC defense line in D-Block.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 7/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, MiniLeopard said:

+Support

It is annoying when you can't handcuff someone because they have a gun out -_-

or maybe add something like this:

Gun on safety = You can be Fear RP'd

Gun not on safety = Normal KOS

This interpretation is a excellent one, have dealt with to many Manyard saying "i have pistol cant fear rp" yet would be a team with m4's on him

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

+Support

Every Maynard I've encountered has pulled out his little pistol  and said "you can't fearrp me I have a gun out" Like MTF with big ass rifles can't even capture a dude with a tiny pistol. Bruh

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

On 7/10/2020 at 1:21 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

Its not like its gonna make any difference. Most people who have a gun will just start blasting even before FearRP can be yelled out.
-Support, the system we have now is fine imo

The old E11 CMDR Jay 

Its not like its gonna make any difference. Most people who have a gun will just start blasting even before FearRP can be yelled out.

Let's be honest, most combatants don't follow fearRP.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Skela said:

I have to say +Support for this one.

Countless times when raiding, and or doing surface patrol, we will often find a guy with gun on safety and try to attempt an arrest. Only to find out, somehow with a pistol that can shoot probably up to 13 times max. Makes a guy immune to fear RP around guys, heavily armed to the bone, with AK’s, Snipers, Shotguns... you name it!

I don’t think anyone will be careless of their life {especially a high ranking one) will try fight to the death, with nearly impossible success rate.

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, [GL] Zeus said:

CI PFC Rav3n XX8 | MTF E11 PFC Rav3n

-support I feel if i have a gun out im not going let you take me a hostage

just my view tho 

The old E11 CMDR Jay 

8 hours ago, icee jay said:

-support I feel if i have a gun out im not going let you take me a hostage

just my view tho 

Maybe so, but picture this scenario, you’re an untrained researcher who only has a pistol, that’s on safety! All of a sudden, 4 heavily armed well trained men with heavy weaponry threaten your life, what are you going to do? Will you let them kill you or will you put away your gun? Maybe you could turn off the safety quickly, but that’s still a major risk, and you’re definitely losing your life if you do so. 

This suggestion isn’t directly towards an E11 officer because he too is well trained and also has heavy weaponry. This is for the researcher who has no body protection or training. 

-Support

I think this may muddle the lines on what is allowed and isn't allowed with FearRP a little too much.

Aren't we just supposed to terminate anyone who resists arrest anyway? If someone is using a gun to resist Fear RP, then that just means they are resisting capture and are considered a combatant. Next time this happens, inform Maynard he is under arrest, and if he starts jumping around to avoid arrest, just blast him. 

I will admit that the way FearRP works now is kind of by-surprise, hope to catch someone gunless type scenario, and it mostly depends on people willing to go along with things. But it's the best we have unless we can come up with some very specific rules which don't pertain to ALL combatants (see the point Rookie made above about Armed D class & Gensec.)

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

On 7/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, Dang said:

big hassle to change the rule tbh.

I don’t see a hassle it’s !menu setting  ult MOTD then find the part about fear rp or whatever and change it it’s actually quite easy then all you have too do is any current documents that have that state that rule you change if one man did it he could do it in like 15 minutes

On 7/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

I think this may muddle the lines on what is allowed and isn't allowed with FearRP a little too much.

Aren't we just supposed to terminate anyone who resists arrest anyway? If someone is using a gun to resist Fear RP, then that just means they are resisting capture and are considered a combatant. Next time this happens, inform Maynard he is under arrest, and if he starts jumping around to avoid arrest, just blast him. 

I will admit that the way FearRP works now is kind of by-surprise, hope to catch someone gunless type scenario, and it mostly depends on people willing to go along with things. But it's the best we have unless we can come up with some very specific rules which don't pertain to ALL combatants (see the point Rookie made above about Armed D class & Gensec.)

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

On 7/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png