A Change to the FearRP System - Accepted

October

What are you suggesting? - Changing the fearRP rules so that even people with weapons can be fearRP’d. 

How would this change better the server? - earlier today, there was a Maynard who pulled out his USP-S and put it on safety. He then said “you can’t fearRP me I have a weapon out” and began crouch jumping around. Now I’m not trying to call anyone out, but in a new system we could make it where if it’s a 4v1 then regardless if you have a weapon out (and it’s on safety for MTF/CI as they’re far more trained) you can be fearRP’d (obviously with the exception that the majority group is shooting). This would affect everyone on the server, and it would make more RP sense because you should value your life. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I personally don’t see any as it would effect everyone. The one debate that could be made is that it would hurt non-combatants because they don’t have the protection that CI/MTF would have where this rule only applies to the combatants if they have a gun on safety. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone trying to arrest/kidnap another. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Its not like its gonna make any difference. Most people who have a gun will just start blasting even before FearRP can be yelled out.
-Support, the system we have now is fine imo

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

21 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Its not like its gonna make any difference. Most people who have a gun will just start blasting even before FearRP can be yelled out.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

25 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

This is more designed for the people who just hold their gun on safety and then say “you can’t fearRP me I have a weapon out.” While I respect that it most likely will result in people ignoring this (especially CI vs. MTF which is why I recommended for this rule it only apply to them if their gun is on safety). However for CI vs. Utility/Research or MTF vs. Maynard/R&D it would lead to a quality of life improvement in my books. 

Edited by October

+Support

honestly wanted to make a suggestion like this. It honeslty doesn't make sense in rp where you have a small gun out but still have 4+People pointing guns at you

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

54 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Sadly this is true. Most of the time people shoot first, ask questions never. However, a new system might help.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 hours ago, Kami- Amaterasu said:

+Support

honestly wanted to make a suggestion like this. It honeslty doesn't make sense in rp where you have a small gun out but still have 4+People pointing guns at you

I agree with Kami on this one. +Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+/- Support, while i would enjoy a rule of this sort being added, i don't believe it'd be easily enforceable by the staff team. As of current FearRP sits are already frustrating for players since the only way they can be proven is with video, and this'd get even worse if we make the rules more complex.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

I have to say +Support for this one.

Countless times when raiding, and or doing surface patrol, we will often find a guy with gun on safety and try to attempt an arrest. Only to find out, somehow with a pistol that can shoot probably up to 13 times max. Makes a guy immune to fear RP around guys, heavily armed to the bone, with AK’s, Snipers, Shotguns... you name it!

I don’t think anyone will be careless of their life {especially a high ranking one) will try fight to the death, with nearly impossible success rate.

• Like 1

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

-support
Then are you asking for the rule if you are in active combat you can't be fearRP'd. Because the point of having ANY weapon out is to be ready to fight, at least that's how it should be. Let's say a coldsilver is walking to gate a with the FG out, and 4-5 CI pop out of nowhere and fearRP him. A coldsilver is supposed to be the pinnacle of strength and combat skills, I'm very sure he will fight to the death on any scenario and would never surrender. This can cause many problems as CI can capture many more people with this and vise versa. Especially SF who it is extremely hard to obtain and would just cause many upon many of arguments in OOC and would just worsen branch relations. But I understand if someone is just holding out a pistol and is alone and lets say a researcher or utilitarian. So maybe a change of scenario this would totally work but could also just fuck up a lot of things.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support

It is annoying when you can't handcuff someone because they have a gun out -_-

or maybe add something like this:

Gun on safety = You can be Fear RP'd

Gun not on safety = Normal KOS

• Like 1

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

3 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

Let's say a coldsilver is walking to gate a with the FG out, and 4-5 CI pop out of nowhere and fearRP him.

That’s why I suggested for MTF they need to have a weapon on safety compared to a researcher/janitor/medic who is untrained and therefore it doesn’t make sense for them to have the combat skills to quickly unsafety their gun and start blasting. 

13 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

im shooting anyone who calls fearRP with my negev out. -support

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

6 hours ago, Skela said:

I have to say +Support for this one.

Countless times when raiding, and or doing surface patrol, we will often find a guy with gun on safety and try to attempt an arrest. Only to find out, somehow with a pistol that can shoot probably up to 13 times max. Makes a guy immune to fear RP around guys, heavily armed to the bone, with AK’s, Snipers, Shotguns... you name it!

I don’t think anyone will be careless of their life {especially a high ranking one) will try fight to the death, with nearly impossible success rate.

Skela is speaking hardcore facts right now tho 0_0

2 hours ago, Gh0pit said:

im shooting anyone who calls fearRP with my negev out. -support

Sir that goes against the principal. Is your Negev on safety? If so then you won’t be shooting me probably. If you read the suggestion anyone who would have heavy weaponry and would be trained (ie MTF) would need their gun on safety or else this rule wouldn’t affect them. 

17 hours ago, Cogs said:

+support
If we can get the rule to be incorporated quickly and fairly, i think it would be a much better system

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

17 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

big hassle to change the rule tbh.

Edited by Dang

-Support from what i can read this is very vague

are you talking about fear rp'ing a man with a negev out or someone with a weapon on safety 

actually fuck it 

-Support

cus this won't fix the problem of maynard resisting arrest lmao

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

3 hours ago, October said:

Sir that goes against the principal. Is your Negev on safety? If so then you won’t be shooting me probably. If you read the suggestion anyone who would have heavy weaponry and would be trained (ie MTF) would need their gun on safety or else this rule wouldn’t affect them. 

nah im shooting or going off safety, cause it only takes a half a second to flick to bang bang shoot shoot. Anyone who has been trained with a rifle in real life and certainly MTF and CI operators in game knows how to operate the safety. Just because there is an animation delay integrated into garry's mod, doesn't mean you should be able to fear RP them because they are "on safety". If they have a gun out, safety or not, it doesn't mean anything. My -support stands.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~