Louis James's Ban Appeal

smokes

Steam Name: Smokes

SteamID: https:/steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193501547

Ingame Name: Louis James

Ban Length: Perma

Admin that Banned you: Console

Reason for Ban: Mass Racism

Dispute: I was already banned for this back in October perm and was unbanned that 9 months ago. Im extremly confused.

+support,

i had played with him all last night and all today, never once did he say anything racism, all he did say was that he had 3 balls, at night i only played with him in voice chat but after time we decide to join a chat in discord

Edited by Death1
  • Thanks 1

That's not your Steam ID. This is: STEAM_0:1:116617909

Aside from that, I don't know but you have quite the history, and got 2 warns yesterday, though neither were for racism. image.thumb.png.e8ddad931accf75d0a9d9a00b711bd69.png

• Like 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Your ban from last year has ended, but after that I can see a couple of racism warns and even another ban. It might have been an SMT member who banned you.
-Support for now

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Your ban from last year has ended, but after that I can see a couple of racism warns and even another ban. It might have been an SMT member who banned you.
-Support for now

I was banned out of the blue its been months since those bans and they alr expired

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support for now

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

This ban was issues following an audit of a recent warning he received. As he has two or more racism/homophobia/transphobia/etc warnings on his record I issued a permanent ban to this player. Racism and other similar acts are not tolerated on this server, nor the greater GamingLight Community. This ban is in line with the Staff Handbook Guidelines on the subject, and is also in line with how similar incidents have been handled in the past.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

6 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

This ban was issues following an audit of a recent warning he received. As he has two or more racism/homophobia/transphobia/etc warnings on his record I issued a permanent ban to this player. Racism and other similar acts are not tolerated on this server, nor the greater GamingLight Community. This ban is in line with the Staff Handbook Guidelines on the subject, and is also in line with how similar incidents have been handled in the past.

I’m surprised that you weren’t issued a perma for your second ban for racism/homophobia. -support

4 hours ago, October said:

I’m surprised that you weren’t issued a perma for your second ban for racism/homophobia. -support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

so what your saying is @Rookieblue, that he did something 5 months ago but not recently so he should be banned. How does that even make sense he didn't do it recently, because he learned his lesson why would you even ban him then, he did nothing wrong recently that you should give him a perm ban, he got punished by having to be banned but its ok to ban people out of the blue for something he did awhile ago

2 hours ago, Death1 said:

so what your saying is @Rookieblue, that he did something 5 months ago but not recently so he should be banned. How does that even make sense he didn't do it recently, because he learned his lesson why would you even ban him then, he did nothing wrong recently that you should give him a perm ban, he got punished by having to be banned but its ok to ban people out of the blue for something he did awhile ago

In answer to your question, racism, homophobia, anti-semitism, and the like are not tolerated on the SCPRP server, nor the greater GamingLight Community at all. Our staff team does a great job addressing instances of this conduct at the time of the offense, including issuing the relevant warning and automatic 7 day ban that accompanies this type of misconduct. Unfortunately, staff members in the moment may miss that an individual has had previous types of misconduct of this level in the past. I started conducting regular audits of all warnings and bans that are administered on the server as of two months ago, and this includes evaluating individuals that have histories of significant misconduct on the server.

This player came to my attention when during my audit I found that he was warned twice in one day, once for RDM and a second time for NLR Violation x5. So the player did indeed have recent misconduct that would warrant a ban. As he has two past documented incidents of racism, those being:

10/28/2019, 21:45:31 - SCP - [GL] Rookieblue - Racism

02/16/2020, 04:40:22 - SCP - Weiss Schnee G - Mass Racism

As well as numerous warnings for Player Disrespect, Branch Disrespect, and Staff Disrespect, this player has shown their commitment to being toxic and not wanting to follow the rules set out by the MOTD. Based on the large impact that racism incidents have on our players and the overall community, strict consequences are applied when these incidents occur. While the permanent ban in this instance may have not occurred directly at the time of the incident, the ban is no less valid, nor less warranted.

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Big boi -support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-support
gonna be honest you should count yourself lucky you werent perma'd before. You were givin plenty of chances and even more than the majority of players who didn't even mean to say a homophobic or racial slur and it just came out of their mouth. You obviously meant to say those words and more.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

15 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
gonna be honest you should count yourself lucky you werent perma'd before. You were givin plenty of chances and even more than the majority of players who didn't even mean to say a homophobic or racial slur and it just came out of their mouth. You obviously meant to say those words and more.

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

But you guys have to understand this was 5+ months ago and this ban was out of the blue no warning no sit. I wasnt even on

All I ask is for a time period on this ban, I have changed truley and understand what i did wasnt cool at all. I have grown to love the server and its community!

-Support

To this stuff, I believe there should be no second chances.

People when they do this often know the ordeals/punishment that follow and just do it for a sinister kick.

To even act in this way, and expect no major punishment is very ignorant and naive. I do not know what was your motive for that very day you decided to act and behave like that.

Either way, the words and actions were true on that day.

I believe that you should remain banned permanently. The staff and players do there hardest to keep this server free from toxicity.

And, I know I can speak for a majority of the folks here on GamingLight.

We do not tolerate racism nor find it funny in ANY way.

Personally, this will sound harsh.

I believe that the actions you did, plus the troubles you gave Staff.

This comes out of MY mouth, my purest opinion, and is not in any way reflecting how my  co-workers/staff feel and or -->/Gaminglight/Players and or Patrons of Gaminglight.

I believe you do not fit in this community with that behavior, therefore. I believe you should remain on
the permanent ban.

I personally ask, from one soul to another. That you perhaps learn from these mistakes and move on.

-Sincerely Jackal

Edited by E11 Jackal