Non-Combatant NLR Reduction - Accepted

Kumandant

What are you suggesting? 
The reduction of NLR on Non-Combatants; Possibly down to one minute, or one minute and thirty seconds. A line stating this in the MOTD is all that is needed.

Emphasis on Reduction, not Removal. Non-Combatants will still be punished for dying, it's just not as consequential.*

Players who pick Non-Combatant jobs do so because they want to roleplay, not get into fits of combat. NLR will often completely disrupt the momentum of roleplay, and is generally very frustrating when the recipient isn't even allowed to do anything about it. Non-Combatants do not actively contribute to gun fights, they just unwillingly get caught in them, and often end up on the receiving end. It wouldn't be logical to hold the consequences of death to the same standard as those who are actively participating in fights, such as MTF, Security, and ACM.

How would this change better the server?
Death will be less frustrating, hopefully reducing the tension between those who want roleplay and those who want combat.

Roleplay will be more encouraged, as the player is less heavily punished for getting randomly caught in the frequent fights that happen around the server.

Chaos Insurgency may still continue to gun down Non-Combatants without as much backlash. Since Non-Combatants are not allowed to instigate the fights, they should not pose any problems unless they start breaking SOP. Remember, it's a reduction, so the Non-Combatants killed will still need to wait their NLR.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.
None I can think of, but I'll see in the replies.

Who would this change mostly benefit?
Research & Utility (Excludes RIG, MMF, and ACM)

+ Support I feel that NLR is main purpose is to stop people from coming back from fire fights and prolong them (and yes I understand it has an rp purpose too) But... Being a Class that can't even fight For Example, it seems like a slap in the face to be standing in Medbay to be killed by 4 dclass as a Surgeon and then you have to wait 3 minutes because you cant really defend yourself. But you also keep the same RP integrity by still having to wait the 1 minute or 1 minute 30 seconds.

Edited by BrickHead

Doctor | E11 SM / Senior Ranger Salami Lid | Moderator / Ex Event Team

"In this world you either crank that soulja boy or it cranks you" - Some Philosopher 

+Support

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be this way, has no cons and would benefit Utility/Research.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+/-
If this was to be added it would also indirectly buff security due to more availability to healing, I would be all in to have a full plus support if securities NLR is set back 3 minutes.

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+support
No down side. Also it shouldn't affect Security as medbay should be locked down making it impossible for security to receive healing unless a medic is already in D-block so that shouldn't be an issue.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support, aslong as CI has the ability to not get their locations called out, i dont think that a 1.5 or 2 minute NLR reduction would have many negatives, while it'd make Research/Utility more entertaining to play.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+/-
If this was to be added it would also indirectly buff security due to more availability to healing, I would be all in to have a full plus support if securities NLR is set back 3 minutes.

This is why I would only +support it if it doesn’t benefit medical because they aid MTF and GENSEC and it would be an unfair buff to them. 

19 minutes ago, October said:

This is why I would only +support it if it doesn’t benefit medical because they aid MTF and GENSEC and it would be an unfair buff to them. 

3 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+/-

Like I said. Medbay should be locked down making it physically impossible to go to security to heal them unless they are already in D-block or havn't been killed. With MTF coming through medbay they won't stop and ask for heals unless all of CI are dealt with, trust me I know they will ignore is even if we tell them they need heals, so you don't need to worry about that. Also it's not like you do the same this having sawbones heal you after a fight so I don't see the reason we can't, espacially since it's a slim chance we can even heal them.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

14 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

Also it's not like you do the same this having sawbones heal you after a fight so I don't see the reason we can't,

You respawn and can come back after 3 minutes, we can't. 

4 hours ago, BrickHead said:

+ Support I feel that NLR is main purpose is to stop people from coming back from fire fights and prolong them (and yes I understand it has an rp purpose too) But... Being a Class that can't even fight For Example, it seems like a slap in the face to be standing in Medbay to be killed by 4 dclass as a Surgeon and then you have to wait 3 minutes because you cant really defend yourself. But you also keep the same RP integrity by still having to wait the 1 minute or 1 minute 30 seconds.

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

1 hour ago, Jack (utility one) said:

Also it's not like you do the same this having sawbones heal you after a fight

Apples to oranges, sir. MTF have medics too, I personally play on the O9 medic class all the time. 

Edited by October

6 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+/-

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+/-Support

I'm fine with the change, but if it means that it affects Security's NLR timer like others have suggested above, I'd prefer Medical's NLR stay as-is. No offense meant to Medical when I say this, but, their presence in D-Block is not nearly utilized enough to warrant our NLR being changed back to 3 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Sinnik said:

+/-Support

I'm fine with the change, but if it means that it affects Security's NLR timer like others have suggested above, I'd prefer Medical's NLR stay as-is. No offense meant to Medical when I say this, but, their presence in D-Block is not nearly utilized enough to warrant our NLR being changed back to 3 minutes. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png