StackableGold's Retirement from SRT

StackableGold

At the time of writing this it's 2:34 AM CT on Wednesday, July 8th, 2020. I'm writing this about 30 minutes after getting off the server for the night.

I've had this on my mind for a while now and figured it would be good to leave you guys with an explanation for my retirement from SRT.

I joined SRT back in 2018, meaning I've been in SRT for 2 years, which is a pretty long time! At the time of my retirement I am the only one on the roster who had been with SRT since 2018 to 2020!

Recently things have been kind of a mess. I just don't have the time to put into SRT like I used to have. Some of you may have been aware that I went out of state for a majority of this summer. After my LOA I had been using a Laptop. It works for the most part but I found myself being kept busy with other things as well, including helping painting.

I've come back home after 6 weeks to discover my house being a mess, (I don't want to go into the details), My internet being hard disconnected(line disconnected at the pole, note that like others on gaminglight I'm not responsible for paying the bill), and much more. (I'm currently having to use a Hotspot to get onto the server.)

Like I said the laptop works great, mostly for being on staff and FR, but SRT not so much. Especially with how much people being on scene of a gun fight, high speed chases, etc.

I'm not leaving gaminglight or PoliceRP. Being in several departments requires time. I've known for a while now that at somepoint something like this was going to have to be done, especially with the upcoming school year being my senior year; a very important year and if I had to was going to make this decision.

This also makes it easier for me to just focus on Staff and FR and allows me to re-asses the time I actually have free.

And for you guys it wouldn't be fair to you if I were to be in SRT taking up a spot when you have two great members of low command, Deathstriker, and Kitty, who could fill the Captain spots.

Anyways, sorry if I drifted off topic, but I felt that I needed to list that all out.

For those of you who may ask if I'll come back to SRT as an active roster member, I have to say not for quite some time, things are currently a mess and this allows me not to have to worry about time available for SRT and gives me a bit more wiggle room to get things straightened out at home.

Colesoft - FRT? 🙂 Seriously though, you're a great person to talk to, you made my evening the other day I was patrolling with you.

Kitty - You've come a long way, keep it up, I want to see you in high command.

DeathStriker - No, Negev is not a class one; and AWP is not considered an instrument(or class 1) either.

PvpSavage - hopefully I'm not mixing you up with someone else, anyways you're going places, keep up the good work. Also, do you know LUA?

Will - Will you hold the line for me?

Masterson - ummm... minge?

As of writing this post I had just spent ~2 hours on staff and only had got between 10-15 minutes on FR. (Just to reinstate that I'm not leaving GL.)

Anyways, like Rocco was, and or still is, I'm still kinda waiting for those tactical shorts. This is 1Q59 going 10-7, hoping to see you guys on the server, rather me seeing you in a sit on staff, or me being on FR.

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

Damnit man, right after Rocco left as well. Its been great, how long have you been on GL by the way, ive been playing since 2017, and remember you always taking my sit, and Zage would come over, and you two would be arguing for minutes before actually taking my sit, and it was always fun seeing that happen. I know i dont really know you too well, but ill miss you for sure man, anyways, if your going 10-07 for the night, goodnight.

• Gaminglight Love 1

14 hours ago, ligist said:

Damnit man, right after Rocco left as well. Its been great, how long have you been on GL by the way, ive been playing since 2017, and remember you always taking my sit, and Zage would come over, and you two would be arguing for minutes before actually taking my sit, and it was always fun seeing that happen. I know i dont really know you too well, but ill miss you for sure man, anyways, if your going 10-07 for the night, goodnight.

I've been on GL since 2017 as well. There was a period of time where I was Lt. In PD and another period of time where I took a break from GL PRP before coming back to in 2018.

Some good memories, especially with SRT.

I'll see you on the server, even if we're not patrolling as a tac team. 

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates