ID Checkpoints, add em back - Denied

October

+/-Support

With the exception of the 1v1 rule for rolls.

Also for those arguing d class will never have a chance, I've escaped dozens of times without the help of slueths or raids. You just need to be patient and wait for pro d class and escape artists. CCs also. There are plenty of people that have keypad crackers. I really don't think it's a valid argument against it. 

18 hours ago, TG_Kilo said:

It makes sleuths want to be more creative, and to make this suggestion fair, only ONE PERSON can roll against the sleuth. And even if the sleuth DOES lose the roll, it’s up to them to use a creative excuse. Just because they lose the roll doesn’t mean they instantly die. It would usually result in some questioning, and depending on their excuse over the failed roll, they could just get away Scott free. And example after losing a roll could be “Oh sorry, my higher ups are still working on getting my ID set up due to resource funding issues, so they tried to draw my face on some paper since there is no printer ink.” Although this excuse is kind of overkill, it’s still a good example of how to get out of a situation like that even if they lose the roll.

This is good. If you want more RP, do this. If you don't kill them right away, you can question them. If they start giving you fishy answers, take them in for deep interrogation. Realistically speaking, (Don't know how all sleuths play) if they are disguised as something, they might not have a gun out to increases suspicion. This gives you a chance to capture them if you catch them slipping. 

21 hours ago, October said:

The idea behind an ID checkpoint is it’s a stationery thing that would get deployed post CI raid as that makes sense from an RP standpoint, a high security foundation would want to confirm the identity of people post raid. 

How long will these check points last post raid? If CI are actively raiding after every raid timer as ended, what's to say you already have check points set up and a new slueth wants to enter the facility? It'll be very hard if you already have checkpoints set up. Keeping track of these checkpoint timers will be a hassle as well, if a time limit is even implemented. 

The idea isn't bad. I get where you are headed. It just needs a little more polishing. 

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

20 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
Just because it's a combat branch doesn't mean it can't have RP. That's saying that because utility can't have a combatant class since it's a non-combatant branch. CI is literally trying to add a RnD combatant class so that argument is invalid at this point.

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 7/7/2020 at 7:10 PM, Ritz said:

-Support

no

ID checkpoints exist only to annoy people

It'll make things more frustrating and Even if it helps with rp it'll be very annoying 

Doctor | E11 SM / Senior Ranger Salami Lid | Moderator / Ex Event Team

"In this world you either crank that soulja boy or it cranks you" - Some Philosopher