ID Checkpoints, add em back - Denied

October

What are you suggesting? -  Bring back ID checkpoints

How would this change better the server? - It would add more RP for MTF (specifically for O9 because at times it feels as tho our RP is lacking). The idea behind an ID checkpoint is it’s a stationery thing that would get deployed post CI raid as that makes sense from an RP standpoint, a high security foundation would want to confirm the identity of people post raid. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Sleuths would be disadvantaged, but they would still be able to roll to pass through. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  O9

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

• Like 2

Just now, Ritz said:

-Support

no

ID checkpoints exist only to annoy people

5 MTF at a gate

Sleuth walks through

Show your ID as 3 of them hold cuffs

Sleuth: /roll

Sleuth has rolled a 78

MTF: /roll

Yeah no

20 minutes ago, Propane said:

5 MTF at a gate

Sleuth walks through

Sleuth has rolled a 78

Yeah no

Sleuth can’t enter without a CI raid so this statement doesn’t make sense. 

-support

24 minutes ago, October said:

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  O9

This is such a one sided suggestion it gives headaches. This does huge damage to RND and sleuth players making the entire job rely on nothing but luck, getting into the facility without getting called out is hard enough.

I can see nothing coming from this but an excuse to metagame and annoy people, this suggestion alone will destroy the sleuth job.

I am now waiting for the Thermal gate checkpoints suggestion that sound alarms when invisible people go through, to which does nothing but destroy infiltrator in the exact same way this suggestion destroys sleuth.

-support

Hey maynard, i gotta check your perfectly valid ID that has nothing wrong with it 

oh well looks like i rolled higher sucks for you because you are CI 

(ID checks shouldnt work on maynard at all IMO, but thats for a later time)

also people dont join the branch whose main focus is combat for the RP.

Edited by Bionicle

2 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

They wouldn’t because he is a foundation doctor. 

I’m posting this to clarify: yes it is a one sided suggestion, but you have to consider that this server isn’t meant to be just point and shoot. There’s some RP behind it, and it makes RP sense for the foundation to have ID checkpoints. As I mentioned in my suggestion they would be stationery meaning they’d be in 1 spot. Want a solution to make it fair for sleuth, just take a different route. Yes I was one sided with this suggestion but when you talk about it hurts sleuth you’re doing the same thing. 

I would love to have a sit down with R&D command to explain how this will be kept fair for everyone. 

59 minutes ago, October said:

How would this change better the server? - It would add more RP for MTF

When players join the server, they have 2 lives, utility does not count until Command, they can join one of those

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Propane said:

When players join the server, they have 2 lives, utility does not count until Command, they can join one of those

so what cause we're MTF we aren't allowed to rp? anyway +Support, not only does it make sense in character, it also makes sleuths need to be a bit smarter, not just wait until someones typing or  till they have there back turned to whip out the gun and blast em, I also agree with

1 hour ago, Propane said:

5 MTF at a gate

Sleuth walks through

Sleuth has rolled a 78

cause this makes no sense and would be ridiculously unfair, so i'd limit it to the designated doorman or whatever you might wanna call it rolls, and if they pass they pass, if they don't they get interrogated.

This also gives the foundation more of a chance to learn about CI, as of now we have to rely on other peoples mistakes to capture someone and this happens very rarely.

Edited by Meridian

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

I will give this a +/- support, the only way I will +support this is if its made where only 1 person could roll against said fake id, as having 5 rolls vs 1 is extremely unfair

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+support
Just because it's a combat branch doesn't mean it can't have RP. That's saying that because utility can't have a combatant class since it's a non-combatant branch. CI is literally trying to add a RnD combatant class so that argument is invalid at this point.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+/- Support

Pros

Gives more RP to O9

Makes Lore Sense for a High Security Foundation to have ID checkpoints

Neutral

Needs a Limit on how many Checkpoints

Needs a limit on how many people at the checkpoint/How many can roll against the sleuth (maybe 1 or 2 person limit)

Cons

Makes things harder for Sleuth

Multiple people could roll against the Sleuth

D class wouldnt Escape LCZ

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

Major + Support

-Playing sleuth is too easy. There is an abundance of wardrobes in HCZ, EZ, etc. I even see some sleuths wearing their disguise while in CI base. Sleuths can easily just change their disguise at a wardrobe if their fake persona has gotten noticed, and you can’t really do anything against sleuths unless they kill someone or breach SOP. This adds more RP because after a CI raid, wouldn’t one expect some spies to slip in? It’s not one-sided as it can easily be avoided or just try to bypass them somehow. It makes sleuths want to be more creative, and to make this suggestion fair, only ONE PERSON can roll against the sleuth. And even if the sleuth DOES lose the roll, it’s up to them to use a creative excuse. Just because they lose the roll doesn’t mean they instantly die. It would usually result in some questioning, and depending on their excuse over the failed roll, they could just get away Scott free. And example after losing a roll could be “Oh sorry, my higher ups are still working on getting my ID set up due to resource funding issues, so they tried to draw my face on some paper since there is no printer ink.” Although this excuse is kind of overkill, it’s still a good example of how to get out of a situation like that even if they lose the roll.

57 minutes ago, Lefty said:

D - Class will have no chance of getting out of LCZ at this point

It’s not supposed to be easy. In RP this is a heavily guarded facility, and D-Class aren’t even supposed to have an advantage if this were serious RP. They have the gift of guns and melee weapons as well as the armory.

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

12 minutes ago, TG_Kilo said:

Major + Support

-Playing sleuth is too easy. There is an abundance of wardrobes in HCZ, EZ, etc. I even see some sleuths wearing their disguise while in CI base. Sleuths can easily just change their disguise at a wardrobe if their fake persona has gotten noticed, and you can’t really do anything against sleuths unless they kill someone or breach SOP. This adds more RP because after a CI raid, wouldn’t one expect some spies to slip in? It’s not one-sided as it can easily be avoided or just try to bypass them somehow. It makes sleuths want to be more creative, and to make this suggestion fair, only ONE PERSON can roll against the sleuth. And even if the sleuth DOES lose the roll, it’s up to them to use a creative excuse. Just because they lose the roll doesn’t mean they instantly die. It would usually result in some questioning, and depending on their excuse over the failed roll, they could just get away Scott free. And example after losing a roll could be “Oh sorry, my higher ups are still working on getting my ID set up due to resource funding issues, so they tried to draw my face on some paper since there is no printer ink.” Although this excuse is kind of overkill, it’s still a good example of how to get out of a situation like that even if they lose the roll.

It’s not supposed to be easy. In RP this is a heavily guarded facility, and D-Class aren’t even supposed to have an advantage if this were serious RP. They have the gift of guns and melee weapons as well as the armory.

Sleuths arent allowed to start off in ci base with a disguise, we can only have them once we find a closet IN the foundation, if thats seen please report it also sleuths arent allowed to breach scps, only maynard

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

3 hours ago, Bionicle said:

-support

Hey maynard, i gotta check your perfectly valid ID that has nothing wrong with it 

23 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

Sleuths arent allowed to start off in ci base with a disguise, we can only have them once we find a closet IN the foundation, if thats seen please report it also sleuths arent allowed to breach scps, only maynard

I said SOP, not SCP. As in Standard Operating Procedures for what they are disguised as.

3 hours ago, Bionicle said:

-support

Maynard is considered foundation personnel. If he does /me shows ID, we let him pass since he is considered foundation personnel until he does something super fishy/traitorous.

• Like 1

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

7 hours ago, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+/- Support

Pros

Gives more RP to O9

Makes Lore Sense for a High Security Foundation to have ID checkpoints

Neutral

Needs a Limit on how many Checkpoints

Needs a limit on how many people at the checkpoint/How many can roll against the sleuth (maybe 1 or 2 person limit)

Cons

Makes things harder for Sleuth

Multiple people could roll against the Sleuth

D class wouldnt Escape LCZ

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Propane said:

5 MTF at a gate

Sleuth walks through

Sleuth has rolled a 78

Yeah no

Rolls don't work like this, there is 1 assist maximum.

ID Checks wouldn't effect Maynard, as he is a legitimate Foundation Doctor.

+Support, as of current there is no way to counter Sleuths as they are quite decently competent at singling out individuals to kill, and this would still allow the Sleuths to just, yaknow, not go through the checkpoint.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

12 hours ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

I will give this a +/- support, the only way I will +support this is if its made where only 1 person could roll against said fake id, as having 5 rolls vs 1 is extremely unfair

Same here, it wouldn't be fair if it was anything but a "1 v 1"

+/-Support

And of course it wouldn't work on Maynard because they don't know he is a spy/He has a valid ID

Edit: If added only a certain rank+ can do it, like SGT+ or something

Edited by MiniLeopard

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

58 minutes ago, MiniLeopard said:

Same here, it wouldn't be fair if it was anything but a "1 v 1"

+/-Support

And of course it wouldn't work on Maynard because they don't know he is a spy/He has a valid ID

Edit: If added only a certain rank+ can do it, like SGT+ or something

Maybe only 2nd Lieutenant+ can warrant one

"L’Eggo My Eggo"