SCP Foundation Test Log: SCP-1025: Subejct D-1025-103/D-1025-104 Test:

Tezeract

Name: Clark
SCP - 1025

Assisted by: Junior Researcher JAWS

Question / Idea: To what extent can SCP - 1025 cause genetic and mental disease?
Background Research: While extensive research on viral/bacterial/environmental diseases have been researched, only one test to my knowledge has been conducted regarding SCP - 1025 capacity to inflict genetic or mental disorders. I shall start with Narcolepsy and Insomnia, both diseases relating to sleep patterns, they are primarily caused by disruptions in the brain waves of an individual and makes from a good starting point for this research.

Subjects: D-1025-103 & D-1025-104

Test: Narcolepsy / Insomnia 

Setup: Two D-Class are taken to the infirmary where their sleeping habits are recorded. Then each are separately taken to SCP-1025 where 103 will read the Narcolepsy passage and 104 will read the Insomnia passage. Both will then be returned to the infirmary for further observation. Differences will be noted as they present themselves. Both D-class with receive Anesthetic before returning to D-Block.

D-1025-103: Average sleep 1-3 hours a week; prior to containment high use of Nyquil; in containment 1 year; Psychical 49/100 - Reading Narcolepsy

D-1025-104: Average sleep 4-6 hours a day; prior to containment same sleep schedule; in containment 6 years; Physical 91/100 - Reading Insomnia

Results: 

D-1025-103 exhibited signs of drowsiness within 15 minutes of reading the passage and fell asleep even with excessive noise caused by the presence of Dr. Bright during testing. When questioned they were stated as feeling groggy even when active and fainted on several occasions during transport. Symptoms are stronger than predicted perhaps due to incredible lack of sleep the D-Class attributes to the stressful living conditions of the facility.

D-1025-104 says they had difficulty sleeping, getting approx. 1 hour of sleep even in an infirmary bed with the lights off. Given a noise cancelling headset and calming music of their choice D-1025-104 said they got slightly more sleep, estimated at 3 hours. 

Evidence/Visual Stimuli: 
During observation during the 2 control days before introduction to SCP-1025 D-103 was shown getting a total of 48 minutes of sleep while D-104 was shown getting a total of 9.3 hours of sleep in the same conditions.

During observations after 103 read Narcolepsy and 104 read Insomnia both showed symptoms related to the mental disorder in greater capacity then previous subjects had shown to diseases such as Small Pox. D-103 received a total of 18 hours of sleep during the 2nd 2 day period while 104 received a total of  6. Further testing may be necessary due to the unusual sleeping habits of D-1025-104.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results):

It seems highly likely that SCP-1025 is able to inflict symptoms of Mental disorders in addition to bacterial disease. The extent of the effects seems to vary of the health and disposition of the subject at time of testing though further research is likely necessary to determine to what extent these factors effect the anomalies effects.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?:  In short SCP-1025 exhibits great capacity to cause mental disorders, though further testing will be necessary to see to what extent and severit SCP-1025 is capable of inflicting.

Edited by Tezeract

I like this log!
It has a very nice length to it. Colors, pictures, and other formatting could be used to better your future logs.
I spotted no grammatical issues within the document.
The test is rather creative, and I have not seen it done yet at all!

This is a very nice test log, and I hope to see more like this that look nicer!