A change of the FearRP rules - Denied

[GL] Mike

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting that if you are holding out a Riot Shield or Explosive you are immune to FearRP, and a Clarification of the MOTD.

How would this change better the server? - It makes more sense for the simple fact of why would I fear for my life if I am holding something that Blocks Bullets and prevents me from dying? It's like at that point it's useless because in RP you would have no reason to use it or else you get captured, you might as well use a gun. The explosive part is you are holding a C4, Sticky Grenade, or a Frag Grenade why would you be scared of the guys that have guns when you can easily just press a few buttons or left click one time and throw an explosive?

Also can we get a clarification of Panic Rooms be considered Safe Zones in the MOTD because I've seen CI enter there and then MTF get yelled at for running into a 'safe zone' while getting shot at.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantage is less opportunities to FearRP people and less places to hide during combat.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI, MTF 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A
(Sorry if there are any errors or it seems rushed I have had a lack of sleep)

the current way people interpret  the fearRP rules that are in place ANY weapon that is held out during the time you are being fear RP'd your immune, including explosives, melees, and regular firearms.  I say interpret because I know both sides have said this and has been enforced by staff. I would love for this to be added to the SOP. For reasons why I say that any weapon counts is because if you have a weapon out you will be in combat, or are prepared for it. If someone is running around with a melee, lets say D-class, then they are ready for combat, or someone who bought a melee. The same for MTF holding out a gun, to be ready for combat.

Edited by Jack (utility one)

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support
The Riot shield literally blocks bullets which practically should in RP completely nullify the fear of being shot
And those panic rooms really should be classified, makes it easier to understand and prevents un needed situations from arising

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

+Support, a riot shield stops bullets, so why would i be affraid of bullets while holding it?

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support
/me Pulls out mag filled with AP bullets

Or

/me repeatably gun butts the shield/Overwhelm the personals simply cause a 20 pound shield that may deflects bullets, won't stop an onslaught of big bodies

Also in the MOTD rules: You can't do any type of suicidal-Bombing. So that rule will be thrown out the window cause we will in reality know he can't suicide bomb.

Edited by Skela

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

-Support

fear rp doesn't exactly make sense when you're trying to stop someone from committing suicide by threatening them, with a gun

but yeah, this is kinda bad

besides the clarification part

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

3 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

the number of people about to tackle you due to you being unarmed next to them.

3 hours ago, Skela said:

/me repeatably gun butts the shield/Overwhelm the personals simply cause a 20 pound shield that may deflects bullets, won't stop an onslaught of big bodies

3 hours ago, Skela said:

Not Trying to Start Arguements, But all of these "Solutions" are all powergaming which is against the current MOTD anyways

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

3 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

You'd definitely be in fear about the number of people about to tackle you due to you being unarmed next to them.

11 minutes ago, pixelated pancakes said:

Not Trying to Start Arguements, But all of these "Solutions" are all powergaming which is against the current MOTD anyways

350e18ca2e6bff973f9c87eec1e691ff.png.895efa31cf9db6e2138c189ff681a1bd.png

7 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

350e18ca2e6bff973f9c87eec1e691ff.png.895efa31cf9db6e2138c189ff681a1bd.png

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

4 hours ago, Skela said:

-Support

Or

Also in the MOTD rules: You can't do any type of suicidal-Bombing. So that rule will be thrown out the window cause we will in reality know he can't suicide bomb.

1 hour ago, pixelated pancakes said:

I believe power gaming is refer to if it’s literally outrageous type. Realistically all of us would have to have AP bullets anyways. I mean think about it, you really think a SCP can die to regular rounds? Also it’s more realistic then power gaming.  Power gaming is like this...

/me pulls out a gun from a hidden compartment 

/me punches through the shield

/me grabs your riot shield and yank it out your hand

^okay that might be realistic, and can be used with a roll to see if you can beat them. But still.

I don’t think you should be immune if you have a shield, and I already said what I think about explosives 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{