Class D Escape Artist - Denied

Dagger

What are you suggesting? 

Escape Artist be aloud to breach SCPs with Hacking Device. This would make sense as the Hacking Device is used to open any door in the facility, meaning there is no reason someone could not use it to open SCP CCs. (To me it seems like the only way to breach SCPs as D Class  is to donate and i don't think it should work like that.)

How would this change better the server? 

More breaches and make being D Class a bit more interesting.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? 

Could make Guards/MTF job a little harder due to more breaches

Who would this change mostly benefit?

D Class/Escape Artist 

• Dislike 1

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

-Support you are meant to escape with that class. Breaching SCPs is out of the way to escaping as that should be your main priority.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

12 minutes ago, Catsro said:

-Support you are meant to escape with that class. Breaching SCPs is out of the way to escaping as that should be your main priority.

But if you had nothing to defend yourself and guards were coming to kill you would you not try and release something that could be dangerous to possibly distract the guards so you can escape?

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Catsro said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

25 minutes ago, Catsro said:

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

I do agree it makes no sense the Escape Artist can not breach SCPs, however any other class, if they have a keypad, can. However, if you want to breach SCPs, just buy Bronze and become a D-Class Expert. -Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Catsro said:

Also this has been denied recently.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

3 hours ago, Catsro said:

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

• Manager
6 hours ago, Catsro said:

Support The name says it, Escape artist, not breaching artist, that is why it can't breach SCPs.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

-support
it's an ESCAPE artist. Not a BREACH artist. I'm very positive that the doors and the SCP cells doors would be completely different from hacking one another and would hold another set of skills so using that as a reason doesn't make much since again, they would be different, it's just common sense to do so. 

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

10 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
it's an ESCAPE artist. Not a BREACH artist. I'm very positive that the doors and the SCP cells doors would be completely different from hacking one another and would hold another set of skills so using that as a reason doesn't make much since again, they would be different, it's just common sense to do so. 

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

21 hours ago, Catsro said:

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

-Support. If D-class are allowed to breach SCPs, there will always be one D-class who has found a place to hide and is never found, constantly breaching SCPs. This has happened in the past and it caused a Defcon 2 lasting several hours. It basically ground all noncombatant roleplay to a halt. It was the worst.

-support "Escape Artist" the whole job is ESCAPING the foundation not breaching SCPS 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 7/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, dajeabbott said:

But if you had nothing to defend yourself and guards were coming to kill you would you not try and release something that could be dangerous to possibly distract the guards so you can escape?

- Support

That literally makes no sense at all, considering it takes like a solid 15-20 seconds to unlock an SCP's door

so if a guard is chasing you, you're gonna waste your time unlocking a door?

Edited by Øwnęd-RIP RickMay
addition

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket