Should I become Trial Mod?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Trial Mod?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Gunther

What is your steam name?: GL_Gunther

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:430475006

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I was an Admin for SCPRP for roughly 8 months. I am the Community Manager for a Youtuber's Fan Discord, however that doesn't require me to be there much, the Mods and Admins run the Discord quite well. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) May 3rd, 2019.

What date did you make your forums account? May 9th, 2019

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Platinum

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: I have 3 warns, 2 bans (technically 1 ban since the initial ban was appealed and lowered to 1 month)

Have you donated?: Yes, over $500.

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No, not a Gmod community at least. As previously stated, my position with the Discord does require my attention to be ran, as the Mods and Admin are professional and competent enough to do it themselves.

Have you read the staff guidelines?: Yes

Timezone: EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I want to rejoin to the staff team because it was one of two things I was passionate about on the server, the other being Security's Low Command. During my time as staff, I did an amazing job, I was helpful and lenient with new players while at the same time stern and stricter with players who are familiar with the game and the rules. This combined with my status as a Command Member and me having been extremely active on the server for over a year earned me the title of Admin. One thing I value is honesty and self-reflection, so I feel as though I should bring to light a little backstory on why I was removed and the changes since then. A few months ago, I lost both positions due to depression and increased stress with trying to balance both positions. My feelings of being an inadequate Command member stressed me out and left in a constant bad mood, which I took out on everyone. When I lost my Admin position, I thought it would help me out since it gave me more time and allowed me to be a better leader. 3 months later, I lost my Command position, and as upset as I was, I realized that change was the best thing that happened to me. I was too stubborn to leave Gensec on my own terms, so someone making me leave felt like a weight being lifted. Almost all of my negative energy left me when I lost my position, as well as the month I spent during a ban. In that time, I worked on my mental and physical health. I lost a lot of weight, I started a Youtube channel, and I feel a lot happier now. However, I fully understand a month doesn't and won't change how people see me. I understand a lot of people still see me as a guy who complains a lot, and gets easily upset, which yes, I do. I do get upset sometimes, and during those times I leave the game before I get any angrier, but I've made huge efforts to laugh everything off. If I take everything, gameplay-wise, as a joke, there's no reason to get upset. I came close to being permanently removed from the community and that lit a fire under my butt. It made me realize if I didn't change, I would not get a second chance. This leads to the reason I want to rejoin.

I love this community, I've made lots of friends here and a lot of relationships with people. I want to contribute and help make this community a friendly one, and a place people want to come back to. I want this to use this opportunity to not only improve my reputation and relations with everyone, but also use it as a way to show people that SMT didn't make a mistake letting me stay. I believe I deserve the rank because I'm very familiar with all the rules, including branch specific rules. I'm very active in the community and especially on the forums, amassing an amount of over 1,100 forums posts and replies. I've been staff before and have common sense, I know when to verbally or formally warn, and know when to get higher ups to help me. I'm familiar with the commands and rules of being staff, and I'm a leader. If given the chance, I can use my prior knowledge and experience to help other Trial Mods. 

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: I would bring the person who called the sit to Staff Room 1-3, depending on what is open, and ask the person if they know who killed them, or who was killing. If not, I'd look in logs and check the combat logs and find who killed the person who called the sit, or whomever is mass killing based on logs. I would bring them to the sit and return the person who called it. I would ask why he was MRDMing and wait for his response. If they all they do is curse at me, depending on if its through voice or chat, I would either gag or mute them. I would then proceed to tell them if they do not cooperate with me, and be respectful, their punishment will be much longer than it would initially. If they continue to curse after I ungag or unmute them, I would regag or remute them, and call an Admin and then proceed to look up their warn history, if they have multiple incidents, I'd relay that info to the Admin who is taking care of the ban. I would warn them for NCWS | Staff Diss | MRDM x (number of victims) | and LTAP, if he LTAP'd, which in prior experience happens almost every time, and add at the end Appeal @ Gaminglight.com/forums/. I would then thank the Admin for their help.

If they offender did decide to cooperate and stopped cursing at me, depending on what was said and how cooperative they were, I may dismiss the initial cursing. Same as with the other scenario, I would call an Admin and inform the offender they will be banned for X number of days depending on the Admin's decision and proceed to warn them for MRDM x (number of victims) | Appeal @ Gaminglight.com/forums/.

image.png

• Dislike 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

16 minutes ago, Gordan said:

-support

Was previously banned for a month for toxicity. Yah no.

You just got back a few weeks ago gunther, plus after with what append with saiba, i could not trust you less with this position

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

2 hours ago, Gordan said:

-support

I’m sorry but it’s a no from me 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-support

to be honest, theres a lot of problems with you and youve been told what they are and have failed to fix or acknowledge them, having you as staff now wouldnt be a smart choice

| SCP-RP | Senior Moderator | 

3 hours ago, Gordan said:

-support

Not only this but often times you let your emotions get ahead of you.

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, poptarts said:

-support

to be honest, theres a lot of problems with you and youve been told what they are and have failed to fix or acknowledge them, having you as staff now wouldnt be a smart choice

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

- Support

Despite your competency as a previous staff member, I don't feel that someone who has a documented history of toxicity in our community, as well as the low community support that's been shown thus far in this application would be a good fit on the staff team.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 minute ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

Despite your competency as a previous staff member, I don't feel that someone who has a documented history of toxicity in our community, as well as the low community support that's been shown thus far in this application would be a good fit on the staff team.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

2 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

I would suggest to start changing your ways and improving yourself to become a better person.  -Support

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

26 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

- Support

-Support

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."