Phillers

Should i be a Senior Admin?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should i be a Senior Admin?

• Yes.
    • No.

What is your in-game name?: Phill.

What is your steam name?: [GL] Wolfy.

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:86507562.

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Yes, and for ease of reading i have compiled it all into this  document.

What date did you start playing on the community? : Around the 15th-20th of September, last year.

What date did you make your forums account? : September 22nd, last year.

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? : Event Admin.

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 120200627121016_1.thumb.jpg.73250f2fe8280728be8d51bfdd873c87.jpg

Have you donated? : Yes.

What rank are you applying for? : Senior Admin.

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? : No.

Have you read the staff guidelines : Yes.

Timezone: CET.

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Catsro, Hoovy, Rookieblue,  Munchies,  Rangieta, Igneous.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) :
I believe that I’m properly suited for a few reasons.

For Starters, i have a fairly large amount of experience staffing, as well as simply playing Gmod, both on this server as well as others. This has given me a good understanding of how to behave myself as a Staff Member, and as a player.

My behavior and personality are also good reasons for me to become a Senior Admin, i’m generally rather laid back and always willing to help players in anything they might need. I’m a firm believer that Staff exists to ensure that players have a good time on the server, not to warn everyone for every slight rule infraction. I believe that this attitude makes me an approachable, and generally kind Staff Member to the players.

I’m also able to be trusted with the capabilities and duties that the rank entails, as can be shown by both my position as DDOU and Senior ET Member, i’m trusted to handle matters on my own, and can give aid to others if they need it. However, i don’t believe that i’m infallible, i know i make mistakes and am always making constant efforts to improve on them.

My Timezone is also a benefit, it allows me to be on the server during times where other staff members might not be. This means that i can make sure that the server is calm and that players are enjoying themselves even during times where other staff can’t. I can also either fix/report issues which might have been caused by the daily restart before the server get up and active, to ensure that there is minimal obstruction to player enjoyment.

I also believe that i am generally well liked in the community, i know that there are certainly some people who dislike me, but i’m always making efforts to ensure that people enjoy my presence, and make attempts to make amends with anyone who might dislike me.

In General, my abilities and experience make me well suited for the position of Senior Admin, and i hope that i’ll be considered for the position.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
Give the player in question a verbal warning to stop this behavior, and inform them that doing so will only make their current situation worse. If they start behaving civilly after this, the sit can continue as per normal. If they keep up their behavior, i would gag/mute them and issue a Disrespect warning. After this i would use the logs to check if the player actually MRDM’d, possibly asking them question in relation to the kills they have made. If the player was muted/Gagged previously i’d ungag/unmute them so that they can answer the questions, unless they keep up their previous behavior. If it is shown that the player did indeed MRDM, i’d inform them that they will be receiving a ban and warning for said behavior, and then Issue a ban and a warning for it.

Please pick and answer one of the questions only if applying for Senior Moderator. If applying for Admin pick two and answer them. If applying for Senior Admin you must answer all three. Answering more than the required amount of questions for the rank you are applying for will result in your application being denied.

Q1: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? 
Start by removing any players from the sit which are not actually required to be there, in all the time i’ve been a staff member there’s never really been a sit which needed more than 3 players present. If that is not possible or after that is done, i’d ask the remaining players to please calm down so that we can continue the sit. If needed gags/mutes might be issued to players who refuse to calm down. After this continue the sit as per normal.

Q2: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
In my experience players that simply do not care won't care no matter what you say. Just do matters as per usual, if they do not care about their punishment then that is up to them. If they keep up their behavior it’ll just be bad for them.

Q3: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
I’m answering this on the assumption that i have evidence of the abuse, as that's how i’ve seen others answer it. Please inform me if that’s wrong.

If the player claims to have followed server rules, but the evidence proves the opposite, i’d inform the player of which rule specifically he broke. In this case, rule 10 of the General rules section of the MOTD. Then properly explain how he violated said rule, and I’d then inform him that he will be receiving a warning for his behavior, and then issue said warning.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Huge +Support

Best candidate for Senior Admin

Deserves it

Would love to work with him as a senior admin

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+support
this boyo has my full support and is  amazing. He puts a good bit of work on the server and early in the morning when no one is on or making sits he still goes on staff and is on the ready to take a sit. He is one of the best candidates for senior admin. I have never had a bad experience with him and have never heard anything against him. 

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support
Very Mature
Trusted member
in HCMD
In all i believe truly that phill has proven himself to be worth of this position 

(Didnt come to me for ermission though 😞 )

• Laughing 1

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

19 minutes ago, pixelated pancakes said:

+Support
Very Mature
Trusted member
in HCMD
In all i believe truly that phill has proven himself to be worth of this position 

+Support

Phill is a great staff member, he would make a great senior admin.

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

• Manager
6 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

+Support
Very Mature
Trusted member
in HCMD

6 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
this boyo has my full support and is  amazing. He puts a good bit of work on the server and early in the morning when no one is on or making sits he still goes on staff and is on the ready to take a sit. He is one of the best candidates for senior admin. I have never had a bad experience with him and have never heard anything against him. 

+Support, I have known Phill for a while, and he is a very good person that is active. I see him on every day, he knows the rules, and he knows what he is doing. Very nice person as well. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

+huge support

Phill has done an outstanding job staffing for the player base, commuting countless hours of his time to help players. He undoubtedly deserves the rank of Senior Admin.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

7 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

On 6/30/2020 at 2:30 AM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Huge +Support

Best candidate for Senior Admin

Deserves it

Would love to work with him as a senior admin

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

ACCEPTED!

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept your promotion application! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

• Like 1

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."