Keycard System For Important Areas/Buttons- Denied

bigboytrain365

What do you want to see? -  I would like for a keycard mod (that is used in the Gaminglight SCPRP  server) to be added to the ImperialRP server, The mod would allow a keycard to control access to specific buttons (The various buttons on Bridge, or the prison cell doors in the Brig Checkpoint. (please forgive any incorrect assumptions that i may make about the server in my explanation and please leave your concerns in the comments as i will attempt to answer/fix as many problems with this suggestion as i can) Edit: To clarify further this is intended to be used with buttons NOT doors because as far as i can tell this will not work on the doors of the ISD as they are automatic but it works for things like the lockdown button or brig cell door buttons.

Why should we add it? -  I think that it should be added to the server for many reasons, some of them being that it would allow Battalions that have guarding positions  more time to do other things than guarding a door , it can help with unruly troops, and also fits into the lore of star wars.

What are the advantages of having this? - In my opinion this mod offers many advantages, an example of how I think this can be used is that for areas like the bridge/brig/core the keycard scanners can be added to the desired buttons in the location and all of the troopers who would need regular access to those buttons would be given a keycard with the corresponding security level which would most likely not be the same system already used on the server but a seperate Level 0 to Level 5 keycard system meant for controls used by different battalions (I.E. 31st would be given a keycard so that they could access the controls of the core by scanning the card on the corresponding keycard scanner built into the button). In my opinion this keycard system would allow many smaller checkpoints to require no guard or would only need to be checked on every now and then, and larger checkpoint would only need one guard. I also think that this keycard system would be able to help with stopping unruly troops as if they attempted to revolt with the goal of pressing a restricted button (even if they manage to kill the guard) they would most likely not have any/high enough level keycards to press the button. This means that keycard scanners could be installed into vulnerable buttons such as the bridge elevator, the lock down button(s), the hyperdrive controls, the engine core control, brig cell door buttons, and the Air Traffic Control room where they would be able to stop any unwanted trooper from tampering with them. The final reason that i believe supports the addition of this mod is that keycards exist in the star wars lore (in both cannon and legends) as seen in star wars TV shows Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars The Clone Wars (although the keycards in this mod have SCP logos on them).

Links to any content -  The Steam Workshop Page for the Keycard Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1781514401&searchtext=keycard

Edited by bigboytrain365

1 hour ago, Kev said:

I belive this has already been tested and didn't work / it was denied
but if it works its a +support from me  

Uhh ohhh sorry for wasting time if that is true, i would think that it would work though as im pretty sure that it is the same mod used in SCPRP but maybe it has some compatability issues with some stuff on Imperial RP? (Just a Guess) Still i do hope that this mod will work though.

Edited by bigboytrain365

the keycards mod does work if your using billys keycard mod but it would cost to add to the server and is a royal pain in bantha's behind to set up as you have to assign each jobgroup to each door seperately, it can be done but would be a strain on the staff members. if it were to be added then it would prevent minges from accessing areas they shouldnt and would give 31st another role in keypad cracking locked doors during events.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Kev said:

I belive this has already been tested and didn't work / it was denied
but if it works its a +support from me  

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

- Support

I would love to have this on the server, it would be a great addition, however, this has been suggested (and denied) before, as the system doesn't currently work with the map we are using right now.

See this link for more details of the previous suggestion.

General

Former Grand General Former Medical Commander (and avid tea drinker)
"Badger. You have forsaken me to no Sleep you Medically Certified Bastard."

7 hours ago, TailoredBadger said:

- Support

I would love to have this on the server, it would be a great addition, however, this has been suggested (and denied) before, as the system doesn't currently work with the map we are using right now.

See this link for more details of the previous suggestion.

As far as i can tell this suggestion is saying to use a different paid mod for controlling the doors while my suggestion is meant to be used on  things like the lock down button and hanger door button, specifically the button and not any door leading to that button. I also tested the mod i suggested on the map we are using and it seems to work fine on buttons but does not work on any of the automatic doors which is why i suggested using it on the buttons.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, [GL] itz_ya_boi_scotty said:

the keycards mod does work if your using billys keycard mod but it would cost to add to the server and is a royal pain in bantha's behind to set up as you have to assign each jobgroup to each door seperately, it can be done but would be a strain on the staff members. if it were to be added then it would prevent minges from accessing areas they shouldnt and would give 31st another role in keypad cracking locked doors during events.

I dont know if the paid billys keycard mod would work but the one i suggested is already used on another Gaminglight server and has (in my opinion) a simple set up for jobs. Plus I tested the mod i suggested on the map we are using and it seems to work fine on buttons but does not work on any of the automatic doors which is why i suggested using it on the buttons.

Edited by bigboytrain365

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation into the server. Please wait at least 2 months before suggesting this again.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*