Sign in to follow this  
wolphin

Intercom Suggestion.

What are you suggesting? -  To there be an intercom room in LCZ.

How would this change better the server? -  It could be used for the following:

a) Branch Meeting reminders.
b)  An SCP Breaching.
c) Training slots being opened.
d) D-class riots.
e) SCP Locations

and whatever else it could potentially be used for.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

Potential Minginess (maybe add a rule where only command and those with permission from command could use it?)
May cause a slight bit of server lag due to adding a new room, plus the loudspeakers.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Well, everyone really. (Specifically Foundation branches, Site CMD, really any branch that needs to make an announcement.)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762483890 
 intercom (could work, idk though.)

might be a furry but might also not be

Posted (edited)

This is like giving a lot of people a voice amp, when you have radios, chat and ts. 
mans from what I know I don’t think you can place that on a wall.

-support

Edited by Max Holland

Assistant Chief of the police 

-Support, that Swep is just a voice Amp which we already have. And Adverts/Ts3/Discord work's fine for literaly everything.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

Deputy Director of Utility  EX-E11 1LT  |  Senior-Admin Senior Event Team Member Proffesional Organ Dealer

5 minutes ago, Max Holland said:

This is like giving a lot of people a voice amp, when you have radios, chat and ts. 

-support

We literally have TS and Discord.

-Support

• MTF E11 COL Zeus 420B
  • MTF OMI9 2LT Zeus JL0
  • ET Member

-support
Just a voice range amp which we already have. We have been using TS, discord, and adverts in chat which work perfect as is. If this was a placeable entity and which it connect to said entity props and your voice travels to each individual prop then that would be hella epic but sadly I don't think it's possible.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

I think a better method would be to add to the Event Team Button Room a button announcing Main Meetings for various branches, though I don't know if its possible.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

4 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
Just a voice range amp which we already have. We have been using TS, discord, and adverts in chat which work perfect as is. If this was a placeable entity and which it connect to said entity props and your voice travels to each individual prop then that would be hella epic but sadly I don't think it's possible.

-Support

No point

Deputy Site Director - - Site 05

"This is a work zone!"

8 hours ago, Propane said:

-support

D Class breaks into intercom room 

Kills people inside

Over Intercom

N****R

CI: Supervisory Researcher/MSGT Security: Retired JFTO MSGT  Research: Jr   E11: Retired JFTO CPL   Janitorial: Jr Janitor      Medical: Resident      OMNI9: SSGT                                            The new spangled interrogator Extraordinaire 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:51 AM, Max Holland said:

-support

15 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

No point

We also have discord that most branches if not all do announcements for it the day of and the day before meeting day. 

E11 Vice Commander Curtis | NU7 RCT | Retired E11 CPT | Old Name February
 “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

-\+support.  if this was a thing it would need to be in the staff room and only staff be able to use it. This just sound like mic spam city.

On 6/29/2020 at 7:55 AM, Falxen said:

-Support, that Swep is just a voice Amp which we already have. And Adverts/Ts3/Discord work's fine for literaly everything.

[SCP-RP]   Deputy Head Of Security   |   Field Work Supervisor   |   OM4   |   Event Team Member

On 6/29/2020 at 1:55 PM, Falxen said:

SCPRP Admin, Head of technical, Ex Nu7 2LT

On 6/29/2020 at 1:55 AM, Falxen said:

[Ex. GENSEC DHOS] [Ex. E11 SGT] [Ex. 101st Airborne CPT] [Current CI 2LT]

[Mega Big Body]

-Support. We already have enough problems with open comms. Imagine just some random Class-D waltzing into the intercom room. One shudders to imagine the horrors he could produce.