Okay so I’m pretty sure O5 apps are opened again...

October

Ingame Name: October

From a scale of 1-10 how is your knowledge of lore? (Explain): 9.5

Why should we allow you to have the position? (At least 300 words):

When I read this question I realized that there was so much that could be said to answer this question. I could point to my experience, my dedication, my drive, how funny I am and how trustworthy I am. (I can’t confirm that the last two points are true, but I like to think that they are). I’ll start off by expanding on my points listed above. I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging, but I’ve been here for awhile, and I’ve filled many positions: I’ve led branches, I’ve staffed, etc. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve been here almost as long as Igneous, and I remain dedicated. I know I’m writing this application as a joke, but I’m also writing it in honor of a friend and mentor, Mike, so (and this might sound crazy) I’ve rewritten this thing about eight times so far. That’s a great show of dedication, lol. Anyways time to continue, I strive to be the best. Most of my drive comes out of spite, which a lot of people will tell you is a bad thing, but my goal is to be number one, and I want to help as many people as possible. When I say that I’m driven by spite, I mean that others telling me I can’t do something only makes me want to do it even more. When I started CI, I would raid the foundation as a single person, and everyone would tell me your branch will never grow, we’re too strong. I didn’t listen (yes weird flex, I know). I like to think that I helped turn it into what it is today, I can’t claim credit for all of it though because many people, better people than I am, have passed through CI and done so much more than I could even claim I’ve ever done. See my humility there, clearly the signs of someone fit for leadership. Isaac Asimov once said, “those who don’t want to lead are the best leaders,” sadly I do want to lead, so I don’t exactly fit what Asimov is looking for, but I believe that I’ll make an amazing councilman should I get accepted. Thank you for reading this. This is a shout-out to Mike, the best manager SCP-RP has ever had or could ever ask for, sorry Ingots. 

How would you lead the branches and the foundation? (At least 150 words):

This is a nice question, my policy on being high command is that we’re now the administrators, not the people whose job is leading the enlisted. We deal with issues between command and help out command/branch leaders, but we shouldn’t step in. Similar to laissez-faire economics, we need to be hands free until we don’t need to be. There is no perfect method, but I believe that giving branch leaders, who know their branch members, more breathing room will allow the branch to grow. I, of course, will always be there for people who need me. (I’ve never been much of a stickler for people violating chain of command to speak with me, unless I request that they don’t). So, to quickly recap because I need more words, I will be there for the foundation and branches when they need me, but I will give branch leaders breathing room. I will also oversee people such as the (D)SD to make sure that they’re doing their jobs properly. In my system, which is what we kinda have currently, branch leaders manage the branch, the SD’s manage the Directors, and the O5 steps in where they’re needed. 

Thank you,

October 

How active would you say you could be be? (Longer the better):

Activity is an area where I excel. I’m one of the most active CI command. I’m on most days and nights for a pretty long time. I’ll almost always be available when called, especially due to coronacation. 

Do not make an SOP, I will be doing that myself (I am O5-01). Also, there are going to only be five four positions open (O2 through O4). Keep in mind we will not fill all these spots instantly though. These positions will be very selective!

• Like 1

• Catsro locked this topic