Allow department heads to moderate their branch's section of the forums - Denied

Sinnik

What are you suggesting? - Allow the department heads of each branch to moderate their branch's section of the forums. Now, I'm not sure if this is possible given the way the forums are set up in terms of set up with forums tags, but I think it would be a great addition. I also am not sure if I should've put this in a different section since it could apply to other servers' section of the forums.  

How would this change better the server? - It would allow department heads to take care of their section of the forums, archiving old information, stickying important information, closing roll calls,  archiving applications, etc., without constantly bombarding our busy SMT / forums diplomats. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can see. I believe that if you can trust a department head to run a branch / have roster edit access, you can trust them to manage their respective section of the forums.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone who frequents the forums.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A.

+Support if it is possible, this would make our lives a fair bit easier.

Apparently not possible.

Edited by Falxen
  • Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

This would be great if possible

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

-support

not feasibly possible, unnecessary, over complicated, and has been denied in the past. Forum diplomats can do everything you would need them to do and I’m certain wouldn’t mind helping.

• Like 2

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

1 minute ago, th3 said:

-support

not feasibly possible, unnecessary, over complicated, and has been denied in the past. Forum diplomats can do everything you would need them to do and I’m certain wouldn’t mind helping.

Exactly, not to mention it would be *A TON* of work for management to create all these different roles for each department. Furthermore, if one server does, then other servers will want to as well. PM a Forum Diplomat for any of your Forum needs.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Meridian said:

+Support would make everyones life a little easier

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

1 hour ago, th3 said:

-support

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

2 hours ago, th3 said:

-support

2 hours ago, Timm said:

Exactly, not to mention it would be *A TON* of work for management to create all these different roles for each department. Furthermore, if one server does, then other servers will want to as well. PM a Forum Diplomat for any of your Forum needs.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

2 hours ago, th3 said:

-support

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

3 hours ago, th3 said:

-support

Exactly. If you need help with stuff just contact a forums diplomat and we can clean up your section. Also, this has been denied in the past. 

The only way i know to allow you to moderate your section of the forums is to give you the power to moderate it all, just contact either JMT+ or a forum dip

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

13 hours ago, Meridian said:

+Support would make everyones life a little easier

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

19 hours ago, th3 said:

-support

For those who are unaware, yesterday I made it my personal mission to clean up the section of each branch and move old/expired/unneeded posts into the archive section. This is impossible to do and in the future just request a forums diplomat. 

• Like 1

• Manager
On 6/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, th3 said:

-support

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, th3 said:

-support

big cat running GIF