MTF/CI Negotiations Suggestion - Denied

TG_Kilo

What are you suggesting? -  No double crossing (let me explain.) So let's say you're an MTF, and you're buying back an SCP. You meet all their requirements by not bringing more than 2 people, you give them the money, but then they murder you. Same thing with MTF. MTF would sometimes negotiate with CI as a cover, and then secretly raid or try to kill the CI. This is just frustrating and annoying, as all we want is the buy back the SCP peacefully.

How would this change better the server? -  Less double crossing and frustration over something as simple as negotiating.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain -  Some CI may not like this in general. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI and MTF. I asked Dang, and he thought the idea was alright since it's implying to both CI as well as MTF as both have their own way of betraying one another.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Like 3

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

+Support, honestly these days i just don't buy SCP's anymore since its not worth it, as you might get shot on your way out regardless.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

4 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

+/- I get where you’re coming from, but we really only do this after excessive raids or if you guys fuck up sone point in the negotiation process

The situation today was you guys took SCP 131-A l, and we bought him for 14k but we were shot at right after the process as soon as we dropped the money. We were also as nice as we can be.

Edited by TG_Kilo

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

2 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

It was brought amongst yourselves, the countless times MTF has double crossed during negotiations built up to CI doing the same. I've always told CI to not double cross until recently do to the high spike in MTF ruining trades.

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

7 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

It was brought amongst yourselves, the countless times MTF has double crossed during negotiations built up to CI doing the same. I've always told CI to not double cross until recently do to the high spike in MTF ruining trades.

That’s why I included it for both sides if only you had read my whole post, no offense. I am aware that MTF do this as well and I find it rather disgusting. I hope this end this cycle with this suggestion.

Edited by TG_Kilo

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

12 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

I mean, this would also stop MTF from doing it.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-support 

I don’t see the need in stopping this. Obviously neither side betrays every time, and we CI CMD try to mitigate theses actions, but I don’t think it makes lore or RP sense to regulate this. If CI wanted an absurd amount of money of course MTF would betray us. If MTF wasn’t listening or not being serious maybe CI might consider doing the same thing. You have to consider the ramifications of this passing, and when you do I think you’ll agree with me. 

24 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

I don’t see the need in stopping this. Obviously neither side betrays every time, and we CI CMD try to mitigate theses actions, but I don’t think it makes lore or RP sense to regulate this. If CI wanted an absurd amount of money of course MTF would betray us. If MTF wasn’t listening or not being serious maybe CI might consider doing the same thing. You have to consider the ramifications of this passing, and when you do I think you’ll agree with me. 

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

49 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, October said:

-support 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

3 hours ago, October said:

-support 

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

Well nobody likes having to negotiate with terrorists, just look at our real life scenario

Besides my stance on this is if you guys tried to be funny, we'll up the price by 1.5x  and quite possibly scam you the next time you come back (Providing you failed) 

Though I do prefer we get rid of SCPs we no longer need and set it back to Defcon 5 for Foundation Research to finally research

-support, i havent encountered any ci double crossing me, i just buy and leave. As long as honor is preserved, its all cool.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

10 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+/- Support

+People could "Shake Hands" and not just start shooting eachother when the deal is done

- Speaking from my Past Experience in CI as a SRIC Generally MTF would raid us as soon as a Deal was struck and it lead to CI Retaliating.

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

This suggestion was made after a situation me and kilo were in earlier today where yall had 131-a  and We bought it 1 time, double crossed for no reason, a second time , double crossed again. The problem is that it kinda throws a wrench in branch relations

Edited by Forehead man [GL]

MTF E11 VCMDR Mateo C0RN

+support
This goes for both sides, and I understand this doesn't happen most of the time or even half the time. But I think it would be nice to have to avoid any arguments or hatred towards one another for future trades. As this can be seen as annoying and honestly just a dick move. I understand that it doesn't make much lore sense but this is a semi-serious RP server. If they pay the money requested and followed each others orders, then it should go smoothly. If MTF bring another person then CI can request lets say a fee of sorts. Or if CI overprice something then I mean, MTF can negotiate...ye. I think MTF can raid ONLY if it's the first thing they do, and if they fail. CI just boost the price and MTF have to pay it.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

• Manager

+/- Support I feel as if MTF or whoever is getting back the SCP drops the money and the CI picks up the money, that is past the line of it, because that is basically being like free money time to murder them when CI limits MTF from time to time how many we can bring, now we usually don't refute against this as well which I think MTF should do more, but I think if CI picks up the money we should be able to leave with the SCP. but if they don't pick up the money and we don't drop it yet, CI can do a fake deal if they wanted to. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

Here’s what I suggest, I agree with Curtis on this, let’s do the policeRP system. As soon as any side shows any bad blood negotiations can be called off at any moment. MTF can raid if they want, CI can betray if they want, but the second the money is dropped you cannot double cross either side. 

From a command perspective if you see CI just taking the money and killing y’all please tell us as this is no bueno. 

Why is CI stealing money any different from MTF stealing a SCP.

In theory in a trade if CI had stolen 049 & a Diamond valued together at 50k, its practically the same as MTF stealing our 50k if they backstab during the trading deal.

So I think it should be all or none, not just once money is laid down.

Edited by Orange 🍊