Add an alarm to the lights/Tesla's - Denied

Phillers

What are you suggesting? - Whenever someone faills the roll to turn on/off the lights/tesla's the staff member handling the situation will do an advert of some sort notifying the site that someone just tried to turn them on/off. This would add actual risk to trying to do this.

How would this change better the server? - It would add a risk to turning off the lights or turning the Tesla's on. As of current all that turning off the lights requires is cracking 1 door and a roll, and that roll has practically no repurcussions if failed.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would possibly be a downside to CI's tactics, but i think that it's a good thing because it implements a risk/reward system.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation Personnel.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A.

• Dislike 2

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+/- Support I mean CI never really hits lights, much anymore because usually its a instant giveaway its ci, since as far as I know literally ONLY ci and possible mtf can turn them off

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support

It's easy to add and just makes alot of sense.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support

All this does is add more risk factor with no addition of reward that you claim

5 hours ago, Falxen said:

It would possibly be a downside to CI's tactics, but i think that it's a good thing because it implements a risk/reward system.

It's already hard enough to try and win a 60+ and 70+ Roll

I'd be leaning towards + support if the rolls were lowered to 40 and 50 in favor of this

Besides activating teslas and or turning off lights is an alarm of itself that CI is in the facility

Might I mention that sometimes it's not a good idea for us to waste our time in control room if we were getting things like D Class or 049

Edited by Protoss

1 hour ago, Protoss said:

with no addition of reward that you claim

I'd say getting the lights shut off/tesla's on woud be reward in this scenario.

As for the 60+ Roll system, perhaps we can do something like 50+ you just turn them off, but anyone else can turn them straight back up,  while with say a 80+ You'd break it and a technician would need to fix it?

• Like 3

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

That would be cool for roleplay, makes sense also!

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

-support, ci fails this roll 60% of the time and now there will be an alarm? no

rolls 59

Clicks alarm button by accident.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support sounds pretty good, adds a risk factor to going for the lights, theirs pretty much no downside to turning lights off other then people know CI are in which most of the time they get found in EZ/HCZ anyway

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

4 hours ago, Falxen said:

I'd say getting the lights shut off/tesla's on woud be reward in this scenario.

You’d be surprised. Even before when CI didn’t need to roll to turn off lights/teslas/lockdown it still never happened. Why is this? Because doing it is a spotlight on us, which we don’t want because we want to mitigate the amount of combatants we have to face. The only times we turn off the lights are either a donor/alpha not following orders, or when we’re on our way out and we want to meme. 

I do support this alarm idea, but I do agree with Protoss that if this alarm is implemented then it turns into a “damned if you do; damned if you don’t” scenario. Tho, the alarm makes roleplay sense, as Calamity pointed out, so I believe the compromise would be to lower the amount we have to roll. 

12 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support 

Rolling successfully= CI raid due to control room hijacked

Rolling Flailed= CI raid due to control room alarm

There would no longer be a point of going inside

From what this sounds like there already isn't, as you say rolling successfully has no benefits, yet it is still done.

14 hours ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

mtf can turn them off

Foundation personnel are not allowed t shut off the generator or lights in the facility

as for the the suggestion, +/- Support as it is more of a one sided suggestion going against CI but it's not a bad idea

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

9 hours ago, Jakub said:

-support, ci fails this roll 60% of the time and now there will be an alarm? no

rolls 59

Clicks alarm button by accident.

*Fails rollcheck, is surprised the foundation isnt the most incompetent organization on earth and has a failsafe system*

Even MacDonald's kiosks have anti tampering systems.

+Support

-support
As good in theory but this would just hurt CI because I mean, as said above they fail the majority of rolls to turn off the lights or cut on the teslas. I understand it adds a risk factor but I mean I don't think it's needed, also it's would just complicate things a little and would possibly start arguments and shit just another headache.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, Calamity said:

That would be cool for roleplay, makes sense also!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

• Manager
On 6/26/2020 at 8:16 AM, Protoss said:

-Support

All this does is add more risk factor with no addition of reward that you claim

It's already hard enough to try and win a 60+ and 70+ Roll

I'd be leaning towards + support if the rolls were lowered to 40 and 50 in favor of this

Besides activating teslas and or turning off lights is an alarm of itself that CI is in the facility

Might I mention that sometimes it's not a good idea for us to waste our time in control room if we were getting things like D Class or 049

On 6/27/2020 at 8:03 AM, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
As good in theory but this would just hurt CI because I mean, as said above they fail the majority of rolls to turn off the lights or cut on the teslas. I understand it adds a risk factor but I mean I don't think it's needed, also it's would just complicate things a little and would possibly start arguments and shit just another headache.

Reasons above. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 6/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support 

Rolling successfully= CI raid due to control room hijacked

Rolling Flailed= CI raid due to control room alarm

There would no longer be a point of going inside