Class D Riot Shields - Accepted

humphrey

What are you suggesting? - Removing riot shields from all Class-D loadouts, including custom classes

How would this change better the server? - Dbois spawning with guns stretches the bounds of realism a little bit, but it's plausible that Class-D could obtain firearms. Riot shields, on the other hand, are completely unrealistic. There's no way an actual prisoner would be able to acquire and conceal a riot shield without raising alarm. But that's just the RP, realism side of it. Where it goes completely off the rails is the power in which it grants Dbois in PVP. Class-D can push through anybody with a gun because of how effective the riot shields are. A Class-D with a riot shield working with 1-2 armed Dbois could effectively take D-Block from any force guarding it.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Dbois wouldn't be able to overrun GENSEC as easily.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - GENSEC trying to stop an organized group of Class-D possessing military grade gear

My friends call me Cheddar, but you can call me Cheese.

Joe Dirt 4 Lyf

+/- Ima be honest, it only happens so much cause gensec isnt exactly uuhhhhhh "trained well"  plus 2 cc's with r8 revolvers basically 2 shot ya ofc's and LCPL so

Edited by Comrade Boekhom
  • Dislike 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

I'm pretty sure its a bug SMT overlooked when implementing the Brute, since that's the only class it spawns on. 

this also may be true

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

13 minutes ago, humphrey said:

Dbois spawning with guns stretches the bounds of realism a little bit, but it's plausible that Class-D could obtain firearms. Riot shields, on the other hand, are completely unrealistic.

Um, I don't know about that chief. D-Class with Pistols and SMGs, Hammers, Bats, Hatchets, LOADS of knives, Keypad Crackers, Armor, and Scythes are probably just as, if not equal to, the lack of realism.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 minutes ago, humphrey said:

you were supposed to say +support

Didn't say I was supporting, while I know its just a bug and will be fixed, doesn't mean I don't like having the shield as a D-Class for the time being.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

32 minutes ago, TWIX said:

Bro why is that gensec need to always think D-Class should always need to be nerferd smh.

I mean its not meant to be even tbh Gensec should have a good advantage

• Like 2

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

36 minutes ago, TWIX said:

Bro why is that gensec need to always think D-Class should always need to be nerferd smh.

Gensec are supposed to have the advantage in firepower and training.
On the other side Dclass do not need to wait NLR and can constantly swarm security making them unable to heal or simply overwhelming them.
Dclass are powerful if played right, Same as with gensec.
Nerfing dclass would make sense due to how many times a dclass can throw themselves at security meanwhile they are waiting NLR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TWIX said:

You can take over d block if you are good with the guns given to you, it’s really not that hard. 
On top of that Gensec have NLR. The riot shield shouldn’t be on d class as it is an outrageous RP advantage.

Regardless it’s already being worked on.

• Like 1

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

This happens with new class additions

IDK if alot of y'all are old enough on the server but back when d-class Escape Artist came out it had riot shield and the falcon on it

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

18 hours ago, Gunther said:

I'm pretty sure its a bug SMT overlooked when implementing the Brute, since that's the only class it spawns on. 

riotshields are disabled on all classes besides this one

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-Support

Edited by Mint
  • Dislike 1

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

14 hours ago, Harry S. Plinkett said:

I guess its a good thing D-Class is damn near useless then. I'm wondering in what world a D Class has an advantage over a walking tank, though.

This world. D-class often have numbers on GENSEC and no NLR (except for d-class CCs). That's their advantage. 

Regardless.
+Support - this is already on the list to be removed from the Brute class, but I think it should be added to the MOTD for D-Class CCs as well. 

7 hours ago, Sinnik said:

This world. D-class often have numbers on GENSEC and no NLR (except for d-class CCs). That's their advantage. 

Regardless.
+Support - this is already on the list to be removed from the Brute class, but I think it should be added to the MOTD for D-Class CCs as well. 

Yes, a 24,000dpm weapon cannot stop 6 D classes with fists. This makes sense.

9 hours ago, Sinnik said:

Regardless.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

On 6/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
Considering this was a bug I'm a little surprised this isn't removed, locked, or moved to accepted since again D-class aren't supposed to have it.