Adding a rule stating friendlies can't blow up SLAMs for no reason. - Denied

Gunther

What are you suggesting? - I want to see it be FailRP to blow up SLAMs on purpose placed by MTF Demo Experts. Now understand I don't mean like the Enemy can't blow it up from 20 feet away. What I'm referring to is friendly forces; RCF, Research, other MTF, etc, blowing up SLAMs just so they can through the area blocked off by the traps.

How would this change better the server? - The most frustrating part of being a Demo Expert is having friendlies blow up your SLAMs that you have placed as a trap for D-Class or CI. For example, CI might raid, and make it to LCZ, and I'll place my SLAMs in the doorway on the HCZ Ramp in preparation for an ambush. For whatever reasons, friendly forces refuse to go around and flank CI or D-Class, and instead purposely just blow up all 3 SLAMs placed down. Adding a rule making it FailRP to purposely set off traps because of laziness or just to minge and blow yourself up would definitely help avoid this annoyance. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can think of.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Demo Experts, Foundation in the long run.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Just now, October said:

-support 

Gunther I understand where you’re coming from, but this rule would be literally impossible to enforce because both CI and MTF can spawn slams, but you can’t differentiate between the two. 

7 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

Gunther I understand where you’re coming from, but this rule would be literally impossible to enforce because both CI and MTF can spawn slams, but you can’t differentiate between the two. 

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

31 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

39 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, October said:

-support 

Then what would you suggest? 90% of the time friendly forces see the SLAMs i set up and throw down, and 100% of the time they are blown up because someone shoots it because its in their way.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

38 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Then what would you suggest? 90% of the time friendly forces see the SLAMs i set up and throw down, and 100% of the time they are blown up because someone shoots it because its in their way.

From my perspective it is annoying, but not unmanageable, and I don’t feel that any rule against it needs to be made. 

2 hours ago, October said:

-support 

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

3 hours ago, October said:

-support 

This really isn’t a big problem. It’s a quite silly thing to make FailRP

-Support

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

4 hours ago, October said:

-support 

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

8 hours ago, October said:

-support 

He makes all the points in this post -support 

The old E11 CMDR Jay 

20 hours ago, October said:

-support 

Exactly.

I understand the frustration, but like October said, CI also have slams. If you place it to where it’s a hot zone of people. Of course people will be cautions and destroy it. Now if you were to tell people “hey I place a bomb at telsa gate. HCZ” that will give your side a heads up. But anyways if it’s blocking someone’s way of combat. I would also shoot the slam charge to remove the obstacle. Even if it’s my own. 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

• Manager
On 6/25/2020 at 1:32 PM, Skela said:

Exactly.

I understand the frustration, but like October said, CI also have slams. If you place it to where it’s a hot zone of people. Of course people will be cautions and destroy it. Now if you were to tell people “hey I place a bomb at telsa gate. HCZ” that will give your side a heads up. But anyways if it’s blocking someone’s way of combat. I would also shoot the slam charge to remove the obstacle. Even if it’s my own. 

On 6/24/2020 at 5:14 PM, October said:

-support 

-Support. Perfectly said the two of you, if there was a way to see who placed what and what was shot then it would be good, but we can't sadly. Great idea though. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 6/24/2020 at 11:14 AM, October said:

-support