1 on 1 FearRP - Denied

Deathcorn1122

What you want to see? -  FearRP rule to be adjusted to allow 1 on 1 fearRP. So should a cop pull a gun on a suspect with no other gunmen around that suspect can't pull a gun or run.

Why should we add it? -  The rule as is makes is really hard to stop someone who may got a gun when backup isn't around. It will make RP has a cop better and less constant gun fights.

What are the advantages of having this? - Less mass gun fights. Personally I feel a better RP experience

Who is it mainly for? - Government

Assistant Head Dispatcher Otis ARU Chief Inspector Otis TRJ11 |  DOC SSGT Otis 1CO29

2 minutes ago, Deathcorn1122 said:

No i just found out you must be a 2 cops against 1 suspect in order for FearRP to be a thing

Uhm, I don't believe thats correct... I could be wrong but its always 1 on 1.

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

Just now, K1LLER said:

Uhm, I don't believe thats correct... I could be wrong but its always 1 on 1.

I thought that too. Till an admin asked a Senior Admin when someone claimed Snar said 1 on 1 isn't a thing now

Assistant Head Dispatcher Otis ARU Chief Inspector Otis TRJ11 |  DOC SSGT Otis 1CO29

1 minute ago, Deathcorn1122 said:

I thought that too. Till an admin asked a Senior Admin when someone claimed Snar said 1 on 1 isn't a thing now

If that is true that Snar did in fact say that, I feel like it should be mentioned to  people at least staff because I haven't heard of that at all.
If you have any more questions just message me on discord (Don't want to flood the post with replies)

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

Here are the applicable rules to this post, copy-pasted from the Official Rules.

• Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.
    • The player(s) must be outnumbered when the encounter BEGINS. FearRP does not apply if others in a group arrive after a fight has begun.

• If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you. (Puts gun away, pulls out cuffs and starts placing you in cuffs.) You may not attempt to harm or further evade that police officer. 
    • For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away.

This would mean that yes, officers must outnumber suspects in order to properly put them under FearRP (given that it does not distinguish between Gov and Non-Gov). However, if a suspect were to purposefully or accidentally submit to FearRP via an officer, that suspect could not change his mind, given that he would be in the process of cuffing the individual. 

It is still notable that you cannot place an individual under FearRP that has their gun out, regardless of if the firearm is currently on safety.

Edit: Idk why people are quoting this, I posted it to help form an opinion, given that OP wants this to be changed.

Edited by Duncan McOkiner

21 hours ago, Duncan McOkiner said:

Here are the applicable rules to this post, copy-pasted from the Official Rules.

• Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.
    • The player(s) must be outnumbered when the encounter BEGINS. FearRP does not apply if others in a group arrive after a fight has begun.

• If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you. (Puts gun away, pulls out cuffs and starts placing you in cuffs.) You may not attempt to harm or further evade that police officer. 
    • For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away.

This would mean that yes, officers must outnumber suspects in order to properly put them under FearRP (given that it does not distinguish between Gov and Non-Gov). However, if a suspect were to purposefully or accidentally submit to FearRP via an officer, that suspect could not change his mind, given that he would be in the process of cuffing the individual. 

It is still notable that you cannot place an individual under FearRP that has their gun out, regardless of if the firearm is currently on safety.

Ex PoliceRP- Senior Admin & Senior Event Team Ex Support | Ex Fourm DiplomatEX SWAT Commander | EX UMC Mercenary Leader Ex OG General

On 6/24/2020 at 7:23 AM, Duncan McOkiner said:

|Police Sergeant | Delta Squad Reserves | 

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

We are currently tweaking the FearRP rules until we feel they will be at a good place. This may change in the future!

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor