oranges player report

Jack (utility one)

3 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

Tbh this needs to be clarified in MOTD; It looks like Orange was making an honest effort to play the SCP correctly within the established rules, as evidenced by the clear audible counting for everyone present to hear.  The main conflict point here is the interpretation of when exactly the swep is supposed to be unequipped while being extinguished.

Some people are saying the SWEP must be unequipped while being sprayed, but this is in fact not listed as a rule, so I can see how any player might think that the swep gets unequipped at the end of the 10 second spray time instead of during the 10 second spray time.

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

-Support  From the way I am perceiving this, I do not believe that a punishment should be handed out, but rather the MOTD should be cleared up to cause less confusion and problems. Adding on to that, there was truly no attempt to break any of the rules, therefore I believe that no punishment should be given out.

4 hours ago, Starstep said:

-Support  From the way I am perceiving this, I do not believe that a punishment should be handed out, but rather the MOTD should be cleared up to cause less confusion and problems. Adding on to that, there was truly no attempt to break any of the rules, therefore I believe that no punishment should be given out.

I was there when it happened and i agree with this ^

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Starstep said:

I agree with this fully. There was no real intent to break the rules at the moment. We are at this stage because it was "generally accepted" by the community that 3 extinguishers on you means fire goes off and everyone walks back. However, the current rules do not reflect being that the wording signifies that you are "required to hold your SWEP at all times outside of your containment cell" and should be "retreating away from the fire extinguisher." I believe the next step should be making the suggestion to make the necessary changes.

-Support for any punishment. He already received the verbal for the incident.

19 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

Tbh this needs to be clarified in MOTD; It looks like Orange was making an honest effort to play the SCP correctly within the established rules, as evidenced by the clear audible counting for everyone present to hear.  The main conflict point here is the interpretation of when exactly the swep is supposed to be unequipped while being extinguished.

Some people are saying the SWEP must be unequipped while being sprayed, but this is in fact not listed as a rule, so I can see how any player might think that the swep gets unequipped at the end of the 10 second spray time instead of during the 10 second spray time.