oranges player report

Jack (utility one)

Your in game name: Jack

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:102743983

The player's in game name: CI LTCMDR Orange

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:121830468

What did the player do: He was 457 and well, we had 5 fire extinguishers to him,  he didn't stop. I would say "well it takes a bit to stop burning after you put out the swep" but when he was cuffed we all stopped burning almost instantly. I also would like to not he never did switch off of his swep and had full knowledge that he wasn't supposed to do that. As you can see we are reminding him that he can't hold out his swep since there are 3+ people extinguishing him at the same time

Evidence (required): https://medal.tv/clips/26922021/d1337O8CFJnR

What do you believe should happen to the player: A warn for FailRP

Any extra information: Before I got there you can see in the video that 4 other people has fire extinguishers and I'm very positive (but can't confirm due to lack of evidence) that he was also not switching off his swep for that time as well.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

-support, rules do not have any specific information on 457 re containment procedures and don't specify how many people have to be spraying him and for how long.

The only specification in the rules that tell us how many people need to spray him and for how long are in the self breach prevention rules:mhzksver.png

so as you can see this is probably the reason he was counting to 10.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

18 minutes ago, Jakub said:

-support, rules do not have any specific information on 457 re containment procedures and don't specify how many people have to be spraying him and for how long.

The only specification in the rules that tell us how many people need to spray him and for how long are in the self breach prevention rules:mhzksver.png

After consideration of Jakub’s point and re-watching the video it becomes clear that Orange was counting to 10 as that’s what the MOTD requires. -support as everything he did was following the MOTD. 

+support

Evidence is clear however a clear unintentional misunderstanding of server rules is taking place.

It is a 'known' rule however not to stay on fire while being extinguished, this is specified in the MOTD under containment rules.

I believe this is a simple mistake that warrants a slap on the wrist and a verbal, clearly a mistake and with Oranges track record this was clearly not intentional and out of character.

The 10 second rule starts with 457 being extinguished immediately, with then a 10 second period that one of the people extinguishing the SCP could be killed, hence stopping the containment. It's not an 'extinguishing' period, its a containment period. 

ggg.PNG

Edited by Da da da

1 hour ago, October said:

After consideration of Jakub’s point and re-watching the video it becomes clear that Orange was counting to 10 as that’s what the MOTD requires. -support as everything he did was following the MOTD. 

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

2 hours ago, Jakub said:

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

3 hours ago, October said:

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

3 hours ago, October said:

-Support

Orange did nothing wrong

But I can understand why people get confused because he is a rarely played SCP

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

29 minutes ago, MiniLeopard said:

-Support

Orange did nothing wrong

Its always been my understand 457 had to stop burning when 2 or more fire extinguishers are on him, so I've been playing 457 wrong this entire time.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

There are the 457 rules I had played off of, the first one is very broad and does not mention how to be recontained and only says runaway from a fire extinguisher, and the second rule which everyone in the room was abiding by was 3+ fire extinguisher at 457. So I was even fastly counting down their "10 seconds"  to extinguish me.

The staff sit I already had will be uploaded here the first time you had reported me approximately 3 days ago when this incident occurred and are just now rereporting will be included when I'm in my pc.

SmartSelect_20200623-122157_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20200623-122243_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Orange 🍊

4 hours ago, October said:

-Support

Tbh this needs to be clarified in MOTD; It looks like Orange was making an honest effort to play the SCP correctly within the established rules, as evidenced by the clear audible counting for everyone present to hear.  The main conflict point here is the interpretation of when exactly the swep is supposed to be unequipped while being extinguished.

Some people are saying the SWEP must be unequipped while being sprayed, but this is in fact not listed as a rule, so I can see how any player might think that the swep gets unequipped at the end of the 10 second spray time instead of during the 10 second spray time.

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MiniLeopard said:

-Support

Orange did nothing wrong

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

7 hours ago, Jakub said:

that is for his breaching. Not him being recontained, I do understand that the rules of 457 is a little blurry and I think it needs some updating. But it does say thin in the "self breaching" part of 457 and not his rules. So I still believe orange was in the wrong BUT if it was just him misreading the MOTD then I don't mind it.

Edited by Jack (utility one)

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

12 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

that is for his breaching. Not him being recontained, I do understand that the rules of 457 is a little blurry and I think it needs some updating. But it does say thin in the "self breaching" part of 457 and not his rules. So I still believe orange was in the wrong BUT if it was just him misreading the MOTD then I don't mind it.

so you agree that someone can't be punished for such unclear rules.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

I understand how it can be misread and if that was the case then yes. After this I will probably make a suggestion to clear up 457 rules. But you guys are using text based off of the breaching rules and not his general rules so I don't see that as a defense, but I can again see how it can be misread since the general rules are not that very well stated.

+support 

To be recontained, SCP-457 needs to be threatened with a fire extinguisher. This results in 457 retreating away from the fire extinguisher.

You may not activate your SWEP in your containment chamber if the “Secondary Lighting” lever is turned on.

You are required to hold your SWEP at all times outside of your containment cell unless you are extinguished by foundation personnel.

you guys are looking at his self breach rules, but as said above I can see how this may be misread

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

+Support for Verbal Warning

To be completely honest, this isnt okay and the evidence is clear. However, I dont think the MOTD and Rules need to specify every single thing just so the Report Center doesn't light up with Fallacy reports.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

6 minutes ago, Meridian said:

you guys are looking at his self breach rules, but as said above I can see how this may be misread

The issue is that 457’s SCP guidelines don’t mention anything about containment. It’s commonly understood that you need 3+ people on him to recontain him, but that too is under the self-breaching guidelines, not the SCP one. You cannot pick and choose when you decide to apply the rules from different sections as this report is doing. 

7 minutes ago, GLaDOS said:

I dont think the MOTD and Rules need to specify every single thing

Yes but the MOTD does give an answer. The 3+ people, as I stated above, comes from his self-breaching guide. The rule is clarified it’s just niche and unknown because no one plays 457. 

Overall, with consideration that this was already handled in game, I see no reason why Orange deserves any form of punishment. 

2 minutes ago, October said:

Overall, with consideration that this was already handled in game, I see no reason why Orange deserves any form of punishment. 

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

8 hours ago, Jakub said:

30 minutes ago, Meridian said:

To be recontained, SCP-457 needs to be threatened with a fire extinguisher. This results in 457 retreating away from the fire extinguisher.

If this was the only means of recontainment then it should have been fail rp for them to cuff me in the first place, rather me just run away according to that. Everyone in that room was going to what is said under the self breaching guidelines so I had no problem being cuffed as everyone was in agreement there as I counted to 10 for them to "extinguish" the fire.