Let 343 chill on the surface - Accepted

Harry S. Plinkett

I'd like to preface this by saying I'm not suggesting 343 be allowed to "escape", all I'm asking is for 343 to be able to go to the surface and vibe with the surface people.

343 doesn't have any real reason to stick around. Quite frankly, he's a guest more than he is a prisoner, and the Foundation is quite resigned to the idea of containing him. I see no problem with letting 343 go hang out with MTF on the surface (And I would say civilians but they went byebye forever ago) obv without entering their spawn, or chatting with CI. Of course, the Foundation isn't going to like him talking to CI but what is the Foundation going to do? Shoot him? He's God! It doesn't make lore sense to keep him stuck in the Foundation, and doesn't do anything to hurt the server being that he's a safe non-combatant. I also think it might be interesting having 343 act as a double agent, pretending to be a spy for the CI while giving the Foundation info he can gather. That'd make for some fun, and funny times.

Diamond Platinum rankers payed a *lot* of money to be able to play 343, and as it stands, I think it's a bit silly to keep him locked up. If God wants to take a walk or suntan his butt on the beach why is some invisible force keeping him from doing it? It'd make for a few fun times for MTF, CI, and 343.

As for disadvantages, I'm sure there may be some, but I honestly can't think of any. A mingey 343 is going to minge regardless of location, and there isn't much in the way of FailRP he can do up there... except maybe... walk into MTF bunks? 

As said above, it generally would benefit surface dwellers as well as 343.

Edited by Harry S. Plinkett
  • Like 1

i think this rule exists to stop 343's from going on the surface and just watching for CI raids and then going back down and telling mtf

+/- Support

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

4 minutes ago, Ritz said:

i think this rule exists to stop 343's from going on the surface and just watching for CI raids and then going back down and telling mtf

+/- Support

I get what you mean, but we also gotta keep in mind the rule that 343 can lie about that kinda stuff. Create sort of a boy-who-cried-wolf situation where no one believes 343. Or just make a rule against it if its a problem.

-/+ support 

in rp yeah he totally could do this but i think it would just add the the chance that people who play him would failrp/metagame, and theres nothing for 343 to do on surface in the first place so i dont see why he would even need to go up there

i just dont see it as beneficial in any way really 

| SCP-RP | Senior Moderator | 

3 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+Support
If people metagame using this, report them to staff online or on the forums. This can be easily managed (with proof of coarse).

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

7 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+Support
If people metagame using this, report them to staff online or on the forums. This can be easily managed (with proof of coarse).

with proper management and modifications to the MOTD, this addition should be fine

• Thanks 1

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

13 hours ago, Ritz said:

+/- Support

If rules were put in place against this I’d be fine with it

On 6/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ritz said:

+/- Support

I'd say +Support cause in a reality what is stopping them from just sitting at Gate A to call out a CI Raid besides rules which we can have in place for him being on surface and being OOC at that point. OR just make him an OOC SCP.

+/-Support, Leaning towards +

He can easily spy on CI "But a rule could be changed so he can't say anything"

In lore he stays in the foundation

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

• Manager
On 6/24/2020 at 7:31 AM, MiniLeopard said:

On 6/24/2020 at 1:31 AM, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support 

In lore he willingly stays

Research will have trouble finding him

Possible use for meta gaming 

May stumble into places he was to not go to, ex. Staff room.

-Support Reasons above stated 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 6/24/2020 at 7:41 AM, icee jay said:

+/- In lore nothing stops him from doing this but there will have to be a rule that states no meta gaming if this gets applied. 

In lore he went to McDonalds to get a sandwich to prove he's god. I don't think theres a McDonalds in the SCP foundation.

Edited by Harry S. Plinkett
  • Laughing 1

On 6/24/2020 at 7:31 AM, MiniLeopard said:

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 6/23/2020 at 10:31 PM, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support 

In lore he willingly stays

Research will have trouble finding him

Possible use for meta gaming 

May stumble into places he was to not go to, ex. Staff room.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

On 6/23/2020 at 1:08 AM, Ritz said:

+/- Support

Current MOTD rules allow SCP 343 to do this. They also allow 343 to do the reverse and tell CI where MTF/GENSEC are.

+ Support to allow 343 free access to the playable map only.

• Like 4

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021