Give toolgun to Research and Tech - Denied

Redspeeds

What are you suggesting? - Im suggesting we should be giving a toolgun to the research department and the tech department

How would this change better the server? - This would allow research and tech to build beter things for RP purposes. For example precision could be used to align the props beter and the bodygroup editor would be used to change properties like screens on sci-fi props and a few others.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantage i can think of is that it might be abused. My solution to this would be to restrict the toolgun to only Senior Research and Senior Tech

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Technicians and Researchers

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

-Support

Could be to easy to abuse, ask a staff member to set something up if needed.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

-Support This could be abused way to easily, at most you could give it to Branch HCMD incase they want to use dupes for PT or something, but thats it.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

59 minutes ago, Falxen said:

-Support This could be abused way to easily, at most you could give it to Branch HCMD incase they want to use dupes for PT or something, but thats it.

although i agree this could be abuse but i think if smt put the time in and make tool gun restrictions then hcmd should give it.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+/-Support  While I do agree that a Toolgun may benefit roleplaying scenarios, I believe that they should be given at a certain rank in these branches (such as Experienced Researcher+). I believe that there will also need to be a system to remove a certain person's toolgun if it is abused. I think that we should give it a shot though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

2 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+/- support
I know it can be edited to make certain things unable to be placed down. But I sadly forgot how to do such a thing but hopefully SMT know how. If so I think it could be given to HCMD and maybe even LCMD since I think they are trustworthy. Anything under is a no from me. I think this would be very nice but again, it is easy to abuse but again it could also be edited, either way it would be nice to have (espacially if LCMD get it and not just HCMD).

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

The only way this could be implemented and not be abused is if you only gave it to techs a pre-defined rank, This could just be done by giving senior technical job or technical command jobs have a toolgun.
+/- Support

-Support

Just ask staff but they should have the grav gun, that would be cool

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

-/+Support

If it were given to higher ranked people, then I'd support it. Also, how could it be abused? Could you not just set up the toolgun to only have access to certain features, the same way only JMT+ can world prop stuff, or how only Event Team can spawn weapons and stuff?

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 6/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, Falxen said:

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

See at the moment this doesn't really seem like a problem that needs fixing. It just feels like a suggestion to make SMT work more, I feel like it could work if they're up for it. But the toolgun is a very powerful item, its not far off to say that this literally can control 80% of garrysmods assets. This could be easily abused but I see it being really nice not to have to call a staff member everytime you want a prop to look different. I'd say it's really just up to SMT if they want to put that work in for this, however Im also going to say that it really isnt a need per say, its more of a want. "If it aint broke, dont fix it."

So I'll give a +/- Support

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jakub said:

although i agree this could be abuse but i think if smt put the time in and make tool gun restrictions then hcmd should give it.

This, so much this-- I dream of the day HCMD are trusted with some tiny toolgun powers on our server.

I have to +/- Support however as I can't predict the full scale of issues that could come with granting any toolgun tool to anybody who had a mind to use it inappropriately

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

On 6/21/2020 at 3:33 PM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• Manager
On 6/21/2020 at 3:19 PM, fazfan1987 said:

+/- support (Leaning towards -)
While this would be useful with RP situations, it would simply be abused way too much

On 6/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, Jack (utility one) said:

+/- support
I know it can be edited to make certain things unable to be placed down. But I sadly forgot how to do such a thing but hopefully SMT know how. If so I think it could be given to HCMD and maybe even LCMD since I think they are trustworthy. Anything under is a no from me. I think this would be very nice but again, it is easy to abuse but again it could also be edited, either way it would be nice to have (espacially if LCMD get it and not just HCMD).

+/- Support for reasons above.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)