D-Class crafting system - Denied

Reznov

What you want to see? -  A completely new crafting system implemented for D class. As I stated previously the resources could set to spawn in random locations in lower d block. These components could then be harvested by d class and used to craft items and weaponry. Not only could you craft items you could set up a vendor and sell the components for in game money. This is killing 2 birds with 1 stone solves the low salary and lack of money issue and its a great new addition for d class. It gives a outlet other then countless riots. Just like mining players can dedicate their time to farming components instead of running into a line of rifles. A system of inventory space could also be added to where the higher the rank you are of VIP the larger your inventory or something in that area. Assuming the same system as the ore bag is used but re named to component satchel or something along those lines. You could even include certain weapon craft-ables in the VIP rank. So the players with the ranks still have access to the job specific perm weapons but can now also farm and get better weapons over time. This system is also more realistic then the old mining system. Finding scraps of plastic or cloth or metal is plausible unlike a rock growing out of the ground. 

Why should we add it? -  Improve re play ability and keep new players playing. As a person that only plays d class I have the honor of greeting countless new players that join the server and are curious on its rules and what the end goal is. Countless times I have had to explain as d class you either A riot, or B stand in line and wait to be tested on. The most common response is either " im switching to security" or " wow that is boring lets riot ". For those that think this would somehow effect research it would but not negatively. Now the d class that wish to be tested on could attempt to sneak a weapon past security adding another outlet for RP to gen sec. Being able to frisk down d class and see if they have any contraband on them. And if are able to escape custody while being tested on could lead to great RP as in breaches or need of MTF backup. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Improved re play ability, Less riots, a way to make money other then AFK, a outlet for farming, BRINGS PLAYERS BACK, stops people asking for mining to come back, d class activity, gen sec action.  I know SMT are already swamped with other projects and this one wouldn't be a small task. However with the right balances and tweaks it could be one of the best additions to the server ever in my opinion. 

Who is it mainly for? - D-Class, Gen sec. 

Links to any content -  I made this exact post before however it was denied due to the steam content provided. This addon would work great with it if applicablehttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1876135550&searchtext=crafting    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154769079&searchtext=weapons  The weapon stats could be decreased so that they would yield no unfair balancing. 

Edited by BuckBe

Founder of Reznov

+/- support. While the idea sounds interesting, it would be pretty hard to implement. SMT would have to make their own addon which would take quite a lot of time. I also don't like the idea of D-Class getting better weapons then they already have, because if all of the donator ranks start getting AR's, gensec's player count is going to drop. I'm not sure how you think this suggestion is going to make riots happen less, if anything, the frequency and severity of riots while only increase. TL;DR: Sounds neat but would be hard to implement and annoying for gensec.

-Support, due to lag concerns.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

Green but rainbow

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

2 hours ago, Panda0Playz said:

+support, solves the money issue, and the issue being what the hell do i do waiting for riots/tests

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

3 hours ago, oscar.hollingsoworth2 said:

I also don't like the idea of D-Class getting better weapons then they already have, because if all of the donator ranks start getting AR's, gensec's player count is going to drop.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

4 hours ago, BuckBe said:

Links to any content -  Unable to find suitable content on workshop.

-Support

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Hello BuckBe,

So along time ago we actually implemented a crafting system for d class that let them make all sorts of things, crowbars, desert eagles (and at the beginning rpgs woops!). It was a nice addon that gave some people stuff to do but the issues came at the expense of GENSEC and eventually the entire LCZ. It was ultimately removed because the addon was found to be causing lag on the server and thus ended an era of crafting for D-class.

Even if a suitable addon for this is found, I don’t know if many people would be willing to go back to those days without some sort of extreme quality control on the weapons that would render them weaker then normal. It’s a common trend that when D class or GENSEC get updated with new weapons the others numbers falter and unfortunately the new items get nerfed and barely/if ever used again. 

-/+ support on this if an addon is found but without one this will 100% get rejected. Even if it is found, I don’t think a lot of people will look forward to d class riots being a hour long again.

Edited by Matricies

1 hour ago, Matricies said:

Hello BuckBe,

So along time ago we actually implemented a crafting system for d class that let them make all sorts of things, crowbars, desert eagles (and at the beginning rpgs woops!). It was a nice addon that gave some people stuff to do but the issues came at the expense of GENSEC and eventually the entire LCZ. It was ultimately removed because the addon was found to be causing lag on the server and thus ended an era of crafting for D-class.

Even if a suitable addon for this is found, I don’t know if many people would be willing to go back to those days without some sort of extreme quality control on the weapons that would render them weaker then normal. It’s a common trend that when D class or GENSEC get updated with new weapons the others numbers falter and unfortunately the new items get nerfed and barely/if ever used again. 

-/+ support on this if an addon is found but without one this will 100% get rejected. Even if it is found, I don’t think a lot of people will look forward to d class riots being a hour long again.

Agree with all these points

D block is a delicate balancing act to keep fun for everyone, any ideas that change dynamics of D class / gensec need to have a solidly crafted idea , including an existing addon and considerations for how this will effect balance, as changes like this have the potential to effect the whole operation of LCZ.

+/- Support, look further for a crafting addon that exists

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

+/-Support, I would love to see this implemented due to it being an old feature with new things added but, until a suitable addon is found its not a wise choice due to server performance.

"Osu! Fucking Pro"

kinda rasist ngl

+/- Support

could cause problems but the concept is beneficial to the point where it is worth working out the issues

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

-support
I would honestly LOVE to see this implemented but, this can create an entire empire of making guns with the rezn....I mean jacks obviously at top collecting all the guns and giving out money to create basically a mafia, again obviously ripping of the irishman. Joking aside I would like this but 1. No addon is sadly available and would have to start from scratch and 2. D-block is extremely fragile with balancing, I can use the knife incident as an example. The day the knives were added all gensec left....it caused major issues with activity and I don't want that to happen. I think the balancing current with D-block is not the best with D-class being underpowered but I mean it's meant to be since you know, their D-class. I don't want to mess with this fragile beast since it can EASILY be broken and if it means to be a little underpowered or to keep the balance and activity intact, I'm going with the 2nd option.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support Im pretty sure this was a feature like, LONG AGO so maybe zeeptin or igneous has a addon hidden away for it?

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

• Manager
10 hours ago, Falxen said:

54 minutes ago, Fool said:

Bro those weapons you linked are props 

+SUPPORT

I HAVE MISSED DESTROYING HORDES OF D-CLASS WHO HAVE DEAGLES WE NEED THIS

It can cause lag, but it is a fun thing to have on the server, we did have something like this before, but it did cause lag and we had to remove it. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)