Include CI RoE into the MOTD. - Accepted

Phillers

What you want to see? - CI's Rules of Engagement (Either the current ones, or future ones) included into the MOTD.

Why should we add it? - Prevent's needless arguing between staff and players, and ensures that everyone (Even those on Donator Jobs) know them and cannot use ignorance of the SOP as an excuse. There is also no downside to this, its already a rule in the SOP regardless. Only issue might be that editing it will take a bit more time, but once these rules are firmly in place they shouldn't be getting changed much anymore regardless.

What are the advantages of having this? - Less arguing. 

Who is it mainly for? - Mostly CI and the Non-Combatant classes.

Links to any content - N/A.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 minute ago, Falxen said:

Prevent's needless arguing between staff and players, and ensures that everyone (Even those on Donator Jobs) know them and cannot use ignorance of the SOP as an excuse.

+Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Rules of engagement are already in the motd.
de241d785ea494aa94d89d47a6c23f25.thumb.png.8d8a9fb8d186541ffcad7d4b240a320d.png

He's talking about the new one.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Yeah these rules of engagement are definitely better than those that hoovy made up. I think they should remain the same.

-support.

1gpjtphd.png

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+support
The rules hoovy made are meant to stay and I think they just forgot to edit the MOTD. Also the infiltrator rules are blank for most utility member and so they can do stuff that I think they can't do and I think making the rules apparent so it won't cause confusion and arguments. I'm not the biggest fan of the new rules in place but their there. CI rules are in the shadows of the unknown and with CI can possibly get away with stuff that goes against their SOP's, I'm not calling anyone out i'm just stating this as valid evidence to move this forward.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

Yeah these rules of engagement are definitely better than those that hoovy made up. I think they should remain the same.

-support.

1gpjtphd.png

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

what about the rest of the rule?

1) Non-Combatant Branches (Research and Utility) will not longer be able to call out / interfere with a Chaos Insurgency raid. This includes calling one out, shooting them, or in any way interfering with the raid. (Subnote: This does not include Mobile Mop Force or Advanced Combat Medic. HLPR Bot's and R.I.G's will count as Non-Combatant however.)

2) Chaos Insurgency will no longer be able to shoot / interfere with Non-Combatants and their RP. This includes ALL Chaos Insurgency classes (Shades included!) besides the Spy classes (Maynard and Sleuth).

Personally if you valued your life you would run away from the scary guys with guns, not standing around waiting to closing doors in their face or attacking them.
I do think adding this to the MOTD would help flush out the problems we're having with the rule but it you have to hold both sides accountable.

• If Non-combatants are running around with guns their going to get shot.
  • If Non-combatants are getting in the way their going to get shot.
  • If Non-combatants are going to try and close doors in CI face their going to get shot.
  • If Non-combatants are going to call out CI their going to get shot.
  • If Non-combatants are follow CI their going to get shot.

What a Non-combatants does any of these it should be considered FailRP.  Other wise this rule is just one sided!

The only way for this rule to be effective is to add it to the MOTD but this has to be done with great caution due to this rule bring able to ruin CI ability to raid.

Edited by Rabbit

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

13 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

1) Non-Combatant Branches (Research and Utility) will not longer be able to call out / interfere with a Chaos Insurgency raid. This includes calling one out, shooting them, or in any way interfering with the raid. (Subnote: This does not include Mobile Mop Force or Advanced Combat Medic. HLPR Bot's and R.I.G's will count as Non-Combatant however.)

2) Chaos Insurgency will no longer be able to shoot / interfere with Non-Combatants and their RP. This includes ALL Chaos Insurgency classes (Shades included!) besides the Spy classes (Maynard and Sleuth).

Personally if you valued your life you would run away from the scary guys with guns, not standing around waiting to closing doors in their face or attacking them.
I do think adding this to the MOTD would help flush out the problems we're having with the rule but it you have to hold both sides accountable.

• If Non-combatants are going to try and close doors in CI face their going to get shot.

What a Non-combatants does any of these it should be considered FailRP.  Other wise this rule is just one sided!

The only way for this rule to be effective is to add it to the MOTD but this has to be done with great caution due to this rule bring able to ruin CI ability to raid.

Well Said.

• Thanks 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Friendly reminder, this is just for the rules in general to ensure that its clear to everyone, so if the RoE gets changed this will also have to be changed.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

• Manager
On 6/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, Rabbit said:

On 6/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, Falxen said:

Friendly reminder, this is just for the rules in general to ensure that its clear to everyone, so if the RoE gets changed this will also have to be changed.

+Support Well said Rabbit

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)