Removing certain reasons that KOS and/or D-Class. - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - I want to see certain reasons to KOS D-Class removed such as:
1) D-Class sitting or standing on the wall with the fence along the top of Upper. This refers to the wall connecting to the Elevator that overlooks Lower D-Block.
2) D-Class getting on top of anything that doesn't give them a tactical advantage in any way. 
3) D-Class being on people's heads. Note: this one refers to outside the Research Line, as that one is KOS with countdown.

Why should we add it? - So with the first and third one, I'll need to provide some history. Originally, when the line first existed, it had a glass wall between the line and the open area behind the red line. This glass wall could easily be jumped on and would be used by D-Class to either jump on people's heads to jump over the fence, or use it to sit on. This made it difficult for Gensec to tell if they were KOS or not, so they just made it a rule that any D-Class on the wall are KOS w/ warning. Well that wall has since been removed and now what used to be referred to as the wall is now the Elevator wall. Before it was KOS because it gave a Tactical Advantage to D-Class. Now the new wall has no tactical advantages and the only reason they are KOS is because of past reasons. With the second reason, it doesn't make sense, if a D-Class gets on top of say a Cell button, what are they gonna do? If someone is inside and they are protecting it, then I understand but if a D-Class is just minding their own business then it doesn't make sense to KOS.

What are the advantages of having this? - Removed older tactics from Gensec that work or make sense today.

Who is it mainly for? - Gensec, D-Class

Links to any content - Inspired by this. 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+/-Support

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

1) D-Class sitting or standing on the wall with the fence along the top of Upper. This refers to the wall connecting to the Elevator that overlooks Lower D-Block.

Don't mind this one, I never understand why it's a thing.

2) D-Class getting on top of anything that doesn't give them a tactical advantage in any way. 

Never seen someone get KOS for this but if so I don't mind "Unless near the RED line"

3) D-Class being on people's heads. Note: this one refers to outside the Research Line, as that one is KOS with countdown.

I don't mind this one but again it should still be KOS if near the RED line

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

1) D-Clas

s sitting or standing on the wall with the fence along the top of Upper. This refers to the wall connecting to the Elevator that overlooks Lower D-Block.

This gives them the ability to have a height advantage over the GenSec standing behind the front line barricades, and allows them to ignore part of the cover, so -Support on this.

Getting on top of something gives a height advantage, same as above.

3) D-Class being on people's heads. Note: this one refers to outside the Research Line, as that one is KOS with countdown

And last, this one seems ok to me.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

This gives them the ability to have a height advantage over the GenSec standing behind the front line barricades, and allows them to ignore part of the cover, so -Support on this.

Ok sure, but they are also high up in the open with no possible cover, making them easier to hit since no D-Class can shield them except from the front, so its more of a disadvantage than anything.

1 hour ago, MiniLeopard said:

Never seen someone get KOS for this but if so I don't mind "Unless near the RED line"

1 hour ago, MiniLeopard said:

Well, yea of course.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+support that class wall is no longer there. While I miss being able to get up on the barricade we can’t anymore (unless we stand on people’s heads in the research line. 

+support to everything else as well as those rules really don’t make sense. 

14 hours ago, Ritz said:

Most of the reasons for KOS are kinda dumb

+Support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+Support

15 hours ago, Ritz said:

+Support

Get rid of them all see how it works out than add new ones as needed

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

BIG -Support

Most of the reason your starting arent "KOS".  The D-Class that are doing such things gets a 5Second warning.  In addition to this I've never heard of the second KOS rule you stated. We dont KOS D-Class for standing on anything. A good example of this is that we dont KOS D-Class that are standing on the lunch tables or that ledge directly next to the elevator. 

In addition, with the first and third KOS reason you stated we do this because it does give a tactical advantage. When they are on the ledge next to the fence they have a height advantage so they can shoot us and when they are on someone's head in the line they use that to rush us easily.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

20 hours ago, MiniLeopard said:

+/-Support

Don't mind this one, I never understand why it's a thing.

Imagine that what Mini quoted was in this quote. Anyways though, Mini said it all.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

• Gunther changed the title to Removing certain reasons that KOS and/or D-Class.
5 hours ago, Sixx said:

In addition, with the first and third KOS reason you stated we do this because it does give a tactical advantage. When they are on the ledge next to the fence they have a height advantage so they can shoot us and when they are on someone's head in the line they use that to rush us easily.

No, that is not what I said, what I said was it used to when the Research line had a glass wall, that could be jumped onto so D-Class could over the fence. I also said people in line jumping on people's heads are obviously still KOS w/ warning due to that being a way for them to jump over the fence. With the wall along the Elevator, no it does not give them an advantage, in fact it makes them so much easier to hit because they have no cover except from the front, and even so their cover would die too. 

6 hours ago, Sixx said:

Most of the reason your starting arent "KOS".  The D-Class that are doing such things gets a 5Second warning.  In addition to this I've never heard of the second KOS rule you stated. We dont KOS D-Class for standing on anything. A good example of this is that we dont KOS D-Class that are standing on the lunch tables or that ledge directly next to the elevator. 

Technically they are, because if they don't listen after the 5 seconds, they are KOS. And with number 2, you'd be surprised, I've seen some dumb shite before. "We dont KOS D-Class for standing on anything.", but if they are on the ledge, you KOS for that even though they are really doing anything shady. Some of them could just be sitting on there. 

200.gif

On 6/14/2020 at 1:39 AM, Ritz said:

+Support

+support

Zero idea why its still in the training logs for gensec plus when you look above on the what not to do as d-class in upper d-block there is nothing that states that you should not be on the ledge or standing on  peoples heads  I understand if  they are in line for research but other than that cmon now

Edited by God Emperor Drip

Emperor of D-Block